PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Potential New Kits on Main Site  (Read 41962 times)

Jacko

Re: Potential New Kits on Main Site
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »

Jacko, Nike or Adidas won't supply the club with new kits at an economically viable cost, whereas SK sports will.

Opting for Nike or Adidas means the club could easily spend £5,000 - £10,000 buy all new branded kits and training gear for the squad.

Would you rather this money spent on new flashy kits or invested in the wage budget?
ok but iif this is the case why do so many clubs do this below us consistently?

what they just splash out on big names for no reason? so all these clubs around us dont make money off there kit?? hmmm
dan im not sure this is the case for most teams in this league
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:21:26 PM by Jacko »

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »

This may sound like a silly question..... (directed to EX GK)

If the club gets the kit free (dont slate me if ive mis-interpreted this from posts)? why do we ask people to sponsor a shirt? or is it a simple and effective extra-revenue scheme?

That is probably a question for the club. I do know the club are currently looking for a Main Kit Sponsor for next season. Supporters sponsor a player, and in return recieve the players shirts at the end of the season.

RocketDan

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2011, 07:24:06 PM »

looking at the BSP teams kits im struggling to find a teams kit without a big sponsor, i mean even histon have nike ffs!

This is a good way of testing your theory of branding impacting upon shirt sales.

So my question is this. Would shirt sales decrease if Histon changed brand from Nike to ProStar?

My answer is, probably not, if you are going to buy a histon shirt, you will buy one anyway. If anything sales might increase if prostar can be supplied at a cheaper price than nike.

Jacko

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »

looking at the BSP teams kits im struggling to find a teams kit without a big sponsor, i mean even histon have nike ffs!

This is a good way of testing your theory of branding impacting upon shirt sales.

So my question is this. Would shirt sales decrease if Histon changed brand from Nike to ProStar?

My answer is, probably not, if you are going to buy a histon shirt, you will buy one anyway. If anything sales might increase if prostar can be supplied at a cheaper price than nike.
If this is the case Then why dont many teams in and below do exactly that dan??

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »

Another issue is access to the replica shirt should you need them in a hurry, for example a Cup Run, not that that's been an issue for a while.The cup run Histon had a few years ago probably led to them having Nike as supplier because they were on TV. Going back a couple of months, Crawley had a new kit from Puma for the Utd game when there normal kit is from Lotto.

RocketDan

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »

what they just splash out on big names for no reason? so all these clubs around us dont make money off there kit?? hmmm
dan im not sure this is the case for most teams in this league

I don't think most teams have someone willing to supply them with free kits. In most cases, I imagine clubs will have to pay for kits -  say £4,00 for prostar or £5,000 for nike. In this scenario it might be worth paying the extra (if you are confident of selling extra shirts), but considering the savings the clubs makes by receiving free kit from the suppliers (something that wouldn't be possible with nike).

I do like the Nike and Adidas shirt, and agree they look smarter and more professional. That said, i'd rather the club saves the cash and spends it on the wage budget, after all, whatever logo is on the kit it was probably made in the same Vietnamese factory

62vintage

« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »

My point exactly, if you want to buy an Alty shirt you will buy one, even if a little old lady makes them in her back room. 

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »

That said, i'd rather the club saves the cash and spends it on the wage budget, after all, whatever logo is on the kit it was probably made in the same Vietnamese factory
[/quote]

Your probably not far off the mark there!! Nearly all footy kits are made out in Asia now, a lot by the same companies manufacturing under license. In many cases, Nike and Adidas kits, for example, are made in the same factory.

RocketDan

« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »

If it means so much to you Jacko, i'll peal the SK sport logo off and draw a nikey tick in permanent marker.
 ;D

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2011, 07:41:29 PM »

If it means so much to you Jacko, i'll peal the SK sport logo off and draw a nikey tick in permanent marker.
 ;D

No can do!! Embroidered logo.  ha ha

Jacko

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »

Haha BTW i may be modelling the new kit for us next season now!! there doing it just to shut me up ;D

62vintage

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »

Haha BTW i may be modelling the new kit for us next season now!! there doing it just to shut me up ;D

hahahahahahaha make him buy it before he models it!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »

That would definitely reduce the sales!

markecky

« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »

Isnt it just the case that Histon just get a Nike Football Kits catalogue and place an order.

Then pay an extra couple of quid to get the Histon badge stitched on?

I used to buy uniform that was embroidered, you just attached a jpg of the logo to the order and they made it.

If they want some more then they go back to the catalogue and order some more?

If the answer to this is yes..I'll do the second half of my post.

Jacko

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »

Isnt it just the case that Histon just get a Nike Football Kits catalogue and place an order.

Then pay an extra couple of quid to get the Histon badge stitched on?

I used to buy uniform that was embroidered, you just attached a jpg of the logo to the order and they made it.

If they want some more then they go back to the catalogue and order some more?

If the answer to this is yes..I'll do the second half of my post.

I don't think that's the way it works, some teams get paid to wear a name in this league surely
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site