PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Potential New Kits on Main Site  (Read 42220 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Potential New Kits on Main Site
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »

If we had multicoloured vertical stripes like a technicolour dreamcoat then the opposition would have to play in skins thus offering us an early advantage, particulalry in the cold

I like this - they'd all have to have their numbers tattoed on their back!

markecky

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Isnt it just the case that Histon just get a Nike Football Kits catalogue and place an order.

Then pay an extra couple of quid to get the Histon badge stitched on?

I used to buy uniform that was embroidered, you just attached a jpg of the logo to the order and they made it.

If they want some more then they go back to the catalogue and order some more?

If the answer to this is yes..I'll do the second half of my post.

I don't think that's the way it works, some teams get paid to wear a name in this league surely

Not a chance I reckon unless they had a one off FA cup game.

Anyway my point was going to be that there is no way you could have the same relationship with Nike that you would have with a company owned by your own goalkeeping coach who has played for you.  I bet the amount of times Ian hears "could we just have a few more bibs...do you have any spare this or that we could have" is incredible.

I put in an early post that the Sensports logo should be smaller as its bigger than the badge.

Fair play for sticking up for your opnion Jacko but for me an Alty kit is really only ever going to be worn by quite a hardcore fan and that fan would buy it whoever it was made by.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »

This thread is up there with stoppers and avacados
Bernard Taylors barmy army

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »

Isnt it just the case that Histon just get a Nike Football Kits catalogue and place an order.

I used to buy uniform that was embroidered, you just attached a jpg of the logo to the order and they made it.

I don't think that's the way it works, some teams get paid to wear a name in this league surely

Anyway my point was going to be that there is no way you could have the same relationship with Nike that you would have with a company owned by your own goalkeeping coach who has played for you.  I bet the amount of times Ian hears "could we just have a few more bibs...do you have any spare this or that we could have" is incredible.

I put in an early post that the Sensports logo should be smaller as its bigger than the badge.

Fair play for sticking up for your opnion Jacko but for me an Alty kit is really only ever going to be worn by quite a hardcore fan and that fan would buy it whoever it was made by.

SKkits logo will be reduced in size once (and if) shirt is confirmed, whichever one it might be?    Thanks for all your comments, both good, bad and indifferent.

Jacko

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

I can understand that the hardcore fans don't really care about the kit, I just noticed a lot of clubs have big sponsors around us and I'm interested why

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »

Why are shirts so expensive - I can see Man U etc having a premium price attached, in a similar way to Merc & BMW vs Skoda etc, but why are Alty shirts a comparable price rather than being 50% cheaper.

Could we run a type of "Group buy" scheme where the more people who sign up to buy a shirt the cheaper it becomes based on a target profit that needs to be made to get the kits free and support Sensport and the club to a fair level?

How many replica shirts would Alty expect to sell in a season?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »

ok, can everyone stop whinging about what is clearly an excellent deal for the club, cue next years "why don't we ever get asked about the kit" debate
Bernard Taylors barmy army

John Crewe

« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

red n white anything else just isnt alty

basil falty

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »

first choice is red and white stripes, red shorts and socks which would be a change from recent years - (but stripes all over the back - do many people actually buy the current strip with a big block of red on the back and a space for the number- doesn't look great off the pirch does it!)

The point is -if we get the kits free and we sell an extra 50 shirts - thats £1750 which pays for a player for 8 weeks ? - correct me if anyone knows - I an not sure what we pay a player-

On that basis and the loan player keeps us up at the end of the season- I would go for the red one - even though it looks like a training top!

I would much prefer an all red plain one like the umbro one from the 70's though!

I vote for stripes - but I think we would sell more all red ones!- I don't think we've sold hardly any stripe one this season! we need every penny we can get-

Look back over the years and Sunderland changed to white shirts in the 80's! West ham got rid of blue sleeves for years, Sheff Weds got rid of dtripes for years etc

It's all about revenue and £1500 is revenue for us

Dougals Dad

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

Don't forget ther is another way to keep the Alty badge on your chest withou buying a kit - polo tops, t-shirts etc

Dougals Dad

« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »

How about MODENA with red shirt n white pinstripe?

http://www.online-brochures.net/files/7928/brochure.asp pg 29-30

bumble

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »

How about MODENA with red shirt n white pinstripe?

http://www.online-brochures.net/files/7928/brochure.asp pg 29-30

or messina or bilbao? theyre half red/white and the other is red and white hoops

scott tompson

« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2011, 08:34:43 PM »

keep the same kits they are nice enough.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site