PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Cambridge match thread  (Read 26830 times)

Jezza

Re: Cambridge match thread
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »

5 mins of added time.....oh that's OK I had cambridges winner in the 6th minute of added time so that can't possible happen now!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »

2-2. F/T.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »

why do i feel so deflated  at a draw
Harold

Bath Alty

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »

16 Cambridge 41 -7 45
17 Barrow 40 -14 43
18 Tamworth 41 -17 43
19 Hayes & Y 41 -28 42
20 Southport 40 -10 41
21 Forest Green 41 -18 41
22 Altrincham 41 -35 41
23 Eastbourne B 40 -33 32
24 Histon 39 -35 27

I hate Wrexham

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

I'm waiting to hear how bad Reeves's injury is before assessing how bad today's been.

Jezza

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »

well on the one hand we're still right in it, undefeated in 5 etc but we need to pull a result out on one of the occasions when it matters.....maybe FGR will be the day against the ideal people to pull a performance out of the bag....

And next time we are leading can we please be professiona and make sure...stick it in row z..make no doubt about it and keep our discipline?!!?...that goal back before half time was the turning point and that's what is flipping making me a bit angry to be honest....if I was driving Mr Joseph and crashed into the ship canal how would he view my momentary loss of concentration????

finnquark

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »

well on the one hand we're still right in it, undefeated in 5 etc but we need to pull a result out on one of the occasions when it matters.....maybe FGR will be the day against the ideal people to pull a performance out of the bag....

And next time we are leading can we please be professiona and make sure...stick it in row z..make no doubt about it and keep our discipline?!!?...that goal back before half time was the turning point and that's what is flipping making me a bit angry to be honest....if I was driving Mr Joseph and crashed into the ship canal how would he view my momentary loss of concentration????

Mr Joseph would probably view it as dangerous driving, which is of course nothing like not putting the ball out of play in defence when under pressure. utter rubbish.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »

I'm waiting to hear how bad Reeves's injury is before assessing how bad today's been.

totally agree lets remember it could have been worse we could have lost ,my biggest fear is we will go down on goal difference

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2011, 05:43:03 PM »

Gutted after today to be honest, really could have done with a win. Saw Dale hobble down the tunnel ten from the end, looked like he could hardly walk, Twiss is sh*te.

dunhamalty

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »

I am gutted today, we were two up, we made 2 stupid mistakes for the goals. For both goals Joseph should have found row Z, I dont care if he was fouled after the first goal you would have thought he would have put it out for a throw. As well as this Connors misses the crunch game next week. Hopefully we wont look back on this week at the end of the season and think what if.....  

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2011, 06:26:24 PM »

What was really scary was how ineffectual Twiss and Beesley were when they came on. Robbie Williams had a nightmare as well.
I suppose we have to be happy with a draw after that, although we should have been out of sight after half an hour.

andrewflynn

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »

Just got back from work, can anyone tell me what happened with Connors' sending off? I've been told it was unfair?

dunhamalty

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »

Connors' made a rash tackle for his first yellow and the second was a strange one, i think he was having a nibble at the cambridge player and then he ended up being flipped over the cambridge players back. Not sure he should have been sent off but wasnt close enough to say for sure. There was a big melee afterwards which I think more players should have been in the book for... Hopefully someone has the incident on video

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »

Gutted after today to be honest, really could have done with a win. Saw Dale hobble down the tunnel ten from the end, looked like he could hardly walk, Twiss is sh*te.
[/b]

Sadly most of us have realised that since we were a Woodley sports back in fkn July.. Pity Heathcote didnt realise it also  The man is fkn bone idle. I could mark him out of a game with me fkn coat on.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

Connors' made a rash tackle for his first yellow and the second was a strange one, i think he was having a nibble at the cambridge player and then he ended up being flipped over the cambridge players back. Not sure he should have been sent off but wasnt close enough to say for sure. There was a big melee afterwards which I think more players should have been in the book for... Hopefully someone has the incident on video

The first one was probably on reflection on the benevolent side in being rewarded by a Yellow rather than a red IMHO. I've just seen a far less 'forceful' challenge in the Arsenal Blackburn game result in a dismissal.

I can only imagine that the second yellow was for a tackle which provoked the wrestling hold and subsequent melee.

Incidentally the Cambridge player can IMHO count himself a touch fortunate that on the whole Mr Barratt was fairly lenient throughout the game. I know of a number of officials who would have parked the two of them
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge match thread