PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will Connors Get Three Games?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Will Connors Get Three Games?  (Read 9615 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Will Connors Get Three Games?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »

Was the second yellow warranted i missed it?
Extremely harsh !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »

I very rarely single out poor performances but today Twiss, Beelsey and Baynes were an embarrasement to themselves.

Look at the effort of some of the players today and then look at the effort of those three - they were a disgrace.

Please all three of you if you play again on Saturday make me eat my words.

Couldn't agree more.

Three absolute passengers against Cambridge.

It was like the dark days of Curzon Ashton all over again with them contributing nothing of any value whatsoever.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »

I very rarely single out poor performances but today Twiss, Beelsey and Baynes were an embarrasement to themselves.

Look at the effort of some of the players today and then look at the effort of those three - they were a disgrace.

Please all three of you if you play again on Saturday make me eat my words.

Couldn't agree more.

Three absolute passengers against Cambridge.

It was like the dark days of Curzon Ashton all over again with them contributing nothing of any value whatsoever.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Seconded Cult. And Dale coming back has just confirmed what we have all suspected for a while,......that they are lightweight.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 08:31:09 AM »

Trying to be positive about this,.......at least Connors will be back (it matters not whether 1 or 2 game ban) for the last 3 matches (2 at home), Anthony is back for FGR to replace him (hopefully will put in a massive game to make up for his rashness tuesday), Smithy will be back fresh too for Fleetwood, Bateson settling in now and Shaun must be getting close now to some minutes on the pitch as a sub.

Looking like at least a point at FGR essential to keep us in the running, Fleetwood will be a huge test now, one we might well fail, leaving us the last 3 games to get the 7 points I reckon we will need to stay up without resorting to the cup ;)

Just read this again and not sure its very positive??? ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »

Extremely harsh !

My gut feeling is that the ref was thinking long and hard about sending him off for his two footed lunge in the 1st half, but let him off as it was in teh 1st half. So he was already in between a red and yellow in the refs mind if you see what I mean, therefore it didn't take much for the 2nd yellow to come about. I'm presuming he did actually do something as the Cambridge player (who should've definately gone) wouldn't have just launched him to the deck for no reason.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »

I expressed a similar view on the match thread

Nice (but surprising) to concur with Ballers :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »

Discipline starting to cost us.

Up until Tamworth away no red cards. Since then 7 reds in 17 games!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:40 PM »

Extremely harsh !

My gut feeling is that the ref was thinking long and hard about sending him off for his two footed lunge in the 1st half, but let him off as it was in teh 1st half. So he was already in between a red and yellow in the refs mind if you see what I mean, therefore it didn't take much for the 2nd yellow to come about. I'm presuming he did actually do something as the Cambridge player (who should've definately gone) wouldn't have just launched him to the deck for no reason.

Ballers,

That woeful tackle by Connors occurred early in the second half though and many referees would have issued him with a straight red card for it.

This indiscipline is costing us dearly.
Two players sent off in a week for incidents that occurred about twenty yards into the opposition's half!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »

Extremely harsh !

Ballers,

That woeful tackle by Connors occurred early in the second half though and many referees would have issued him with a straight red card for it.

This indiscipline is costing us dearly.
Two players sent off in a week for incidents that occurred about twenty yards into the opposition's half!

The official match report has it at 50 minutes. I don't often disagree with the excellent Mr.Laidlar, but the challenge happened directly in front of me and I'm sure it was BEFORE half time.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 06:56:57 AM »

I was stood at the Golf road end in the first half and moved to the popular side for the second. I was on the popular side when connors got his first yellow (which could easily have been a red). I'm 100% sure it was second half

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »

It was 2nd half  ::)

roytonmike

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:29 AM »

Connors' first booking timed by me at 50 minutes, so definitely second half. As to how many games he gets, effectively he misses two league games anyway as he wouldn't have been allowed to play at Fleetwood so it probably doesn't matter. A thought - if you put the three stooges (sorry, I mean the three subs) from Saturday together could you make a player out of their combined 'talents'? Somehow I doubt it.

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »

Connors' first booking timed by me at 50 minutes, so definitely second half. As to how many games he gets, effectively he misses two league games anyway as he wouldn't have been allowed to play at Fleetwood so it probably doesn't matter. A thought - if you put the three stooges (sorry, I mean the three subs) from Saturday together could you make a player out of their combined 'talents'? Somehow I doubt it.
Damn this Alzheimer's ! Can't even remember things properly that only happened 36 hours before ! Having racked my brains and built a reconstruction I shall apologise unreservedly to Mr.Laidlar (whom I should never have doubted in the first place !)

If you put the "3 Stooges" together and combined all their talents, you would have a player who could at least run (Baynes), a player who could win a ball with his back to goal and lay it off (but only backwards or sideways (Twiss), and you could simply discard Beesley as surplus to requirements (which I hope the Club will do before too long anyway). The resulting player just might get a gig at Leigh Genesis.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »

Has Smith now recieved a ban?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »

Has Smith now recieved a ban?

Yes, 2 games, last sat, cant play tomoz and FGR.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will Connors Get Three Games?