Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your club needs YOU,......to give it support NOW.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your club needs YOU,......to give it support NOW.  (Read 9220 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »

Everyone at the match were handed a list of current methods of supporting the club to reduce the deficit, just wondered what each fan on here has/will do this week to help? see the club site for details,.........for example become a patron, or attend the dinner 15th April or end of season party, join TASC etc.

You know it makes sense ;D

markecky

Re: Your club needs YOU,......to give it support NOW.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

I've joined the Friends draw by direct debit, taken by standing order.  I can't afford it but its ten pound a month that will go out just after I get paid with all the other bills so I won't notice it.

The very least people can do is make plans to be at the race night after the Eastbourne game. And thats whether we stay up or not.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »

I'm already a 'Friend', Patron and play the Yankee (x2).

bumble

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

I'm sure it'll be mentioned again on it's own thread but there's the next raffle with some good ALTY-related prizes such as free travel to 2 games (if we stay in the BSP could worth £60), appearing on the team photo, being on the team bus for a game,sponsorship of a game, there's a long list up in the bar

I know it's a long time toll the PSF's but would it be a good idea to make those into fundraisers...food, face-painting, make it proper community event? Might even get a few extra fans for the coming season?
Or after each one have a BBQ or hog roast?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »

I find this very worrying. Not only are we now in debt again, but as outlined in the letter this means we are going to have to cut expenditure  next season by as much as 30k. We've struggled enough this season and if we stay up then it is going to be almost impossible with us having to cut expenditure again. I will make the effort to join some of these, but will it be enough? I'm seriously worried about the club's future and our ability to compete in the BSP in the future.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »

It's all very well the Club making this request, but how many of us are in a position to do anything ?

My take home earnings are down about £150 a week over the last two years (£40 a week since Xmas alone) thanks to fuel prices and lack of custom (Hughesy will doubtless be in the same boat). I no longer buy a program or a Golden Goal, and if I didn't have my season ticket I'd have to miss a few more matches. It'll be touch and go whether I can renew next season unless things improve dramatically.

Short of winning the Lotto (and I might even kick THAT into touch) there's nothing I can do.

Going to Forest Green next week will cost me about £70 in real terms when the time off work is taken into account. It's only my second away League game of the season, and I'd give my right arm to get to more. It doesn't help that my partner hates football, and wants every spare penny I have to spend on the house (we've no shower at the moment, and a leak in the kitchen that she can't afford to fix, so you can guess what she says when I suggest I just might like to go to Grimsby  :-X)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »

It's all very well the Club making this request, but how many of us are in a position to do anything ?

Have to echo Phil's sentiments here.

We'd all love to donate more money and time to the club but, alas, the real world has an annoying habit of getting in the way.

The Board are fishing in the same pond all the time with their pleas to the supporters for more money and the same group of people's resources are increasingly limited.

Obviously, it would also have helped matters had the club not had to use funds to 'compensate' a former manager.

And the players actually winning a cup tie or two would have generated some revenue.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »

Correct phil, its a struggle at the moment.Its about opening up the burden to beyond the hard work that the board and club staff put in, and the supporters. We put a few paragraphs in the local free paper and got a disapointing reponse for help, FGR put and advert in the financial times and got a local born billionaire on board......

VofD

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »

Have to echo Phil's sentiments here.

We'd all love to donate more money and time to the club but, alas, the real world has an annoying habit of getting in the way.

The Board are fishing in the same pond all the time with their pleas to the supporters for more money and the same group of people's resources are increasingly limited.

Obviously, it would also have helped matters had the club not had to use funds to 'compensate' a former manager.
And the players actually winning a cup tie or two would have generated some revenue.

Ask him for a LARGE donation.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:47:43 PM »

I find this very worrying. Not only are we now in debt again, but as outlined in the letter this means we are going to have to cut expenditure  next season by as much as 30k. We've struggled enough this season and if we stay up then it is going to be almost impossible with us having to cut expenditure again. I will make the effort to join some of these, but will it be enough? I'm seriously worried about the club's future and our ability to compete in the BSP in the future.

Our budget for this league is small but not as small as some people think.  

Now is not the time to get into this but it was spent badly on contracting awful panic buy players that we have spent the rest of the season trying to jettison or put up with.

It's important to see that the plea is designed to ask people to do all they can.  It's not designed to offend anyone or make people feel inadequate.

That can be someone throwing 10p in a bucket down to someone with a successful company throwing £500 at a sponsor board.  

Providing you're doing all you can for your football club then the plea is not aimed at you.  

As I have said before, if they announced the club was closing in 3 weeks we'd have a flood of donations and people helping.  The fact is that the people in the club face this fight everyday...and they have every right to ask for help.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:51:02 PM by markecky »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »

If the majority of our average home gate joined the yankee and played by standing order, it would make a huge different to the clubs income, still bemuses me how many people that go every week dont play the yankee..

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

This [the deficit] has been the result of reduction in income from gates and fundraising events... if we have a shortfall of £30k this year, then we would have to assume that we will suffer similarly next year, which implies a £60k impact on next year's playing budget. This could be equivalent to four players.

I can't see revenue being down that much - for example the average gate has dropped from 1,066 to 1,042 but that is a drop in the ocean.

Are we spending more than we can afford to pay on deadwood like Twiss, Beesley, Baynes and Brown?

Also, how much of this deficit relates to the "mutual termination" of Heathcote's contract?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »

Buy some shares and attend the AGM next year and the substantial payoff to the previous manager will more than likely be feature in the yearly accounts.Funny this year of all years we suddenly find this shortfall...

markecky

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »

The club pushed the boat out to get Youngy back in...was then forced to get Bateson in due to having no defenders...and then made one last push for safety with the signing of Dale.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »

Cheers Ecky...maybe some think Young, Connors, Bateson and Johnson are playing for free !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team