PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Language  (Read 15326 times)

Stockportalty

Language
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »

Just a reminder to ALL Alty fans. Whilst we all get angry sometimes at referees and opposition players, and we also like to tell opposition fans that Alty really is the best team in the land. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated, this of course includes racist language, homophobia and also language that is abusive to those with either special needs or a disability. Anyone heard to be using this language, no matter who they are, will be ejected from the ground.

fuertes

Re: Language
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »

Just a reminder to ALL Alty fans. Whilst we all get angry sometimes at referees and opposition players, and we also like to tell opposition fans that Alty really is the best team in the land. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated, this of course includes racist language, homophobia and also language that is abusive to those with either special needs or a disability. Anyone heard to be using this language, no matter who they are, will be ejected from the ground.

Huh? Foul and abusive language? You mean you can't shout "f**k off you Northwich bastard" without being ejected? Good grief. Shall we all just go home then? What's the point going to a match if you can't let off a bit of steam.

As for mocking ethnic minorities, homosexuals and the disabled, I didn't think we'd ever had a problem with that at Altrincham...

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

Huh? Foul and abusive language? You mean you can't shout "f**k off you Northwich bastard" without being ejected? Good grief. Shall we all just go home then? What's the point going to a match if you can't let off a bit of steam.

As for mocking ethnic minorities, homosexuals and the disabled, I didn't think we'd ever had a problem with that at Altrincham...

Agreed.

Steve-o

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

Ssshhh

Steve-o

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

David birch? Dennis birch? That post has really pissed me off

Stockportalty

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »

Sorry guys but things were heard yesterday!

Henrys Cat

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »

When your sat in the main stand, most of the "colourfull" language that can be heard  comes both the home and away benches and technical areas, not least the pitch. Part of the game these days though.

joe

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

Are you having a laugh?! If i want to swear at the match i will do as i and many others have done for many a year.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:16:36 PM by joe »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »

What the f**k is this april the 1st , what a bloody joke

Steve-o

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »

Idiotic f**king dribble like this just makes me want to swear more

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »

Someone shouted 'spastic' very loudly towards the Cambridge fans.

AltySi

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »

I think you'll soon have an empty stadium to steward then.

joe

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »

Someone shouted 'spastic' very loudly towards the Cambridge fans.

But not at anyone disabled. This word is used quite commonly in general conversation when calling someone stupid.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »

Serious FFS get a grip!

Ive been to games with gay friends and they never complain if those insults are banded about

As for swearing! Seriously that means no singing of some songs?

Seriously swearing is a part of the terraces! If you don't want swearing go in the family stand!

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »

Sorry guys but things were heard yesterday!

Are you referring to the things shouted towards our defender Brian Saah?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language