PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Language  (Read 15345 times)

Stockportalty

Re: Language
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »

We don't mind the swearing, and agree that there is a lot going on around both benches but maybe you are not aware that language relating to disability is just as much an offense as racist language and just bear in mind that there are those with a disability working in and around the ground.

chris888

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »

Sorry guys but things were heard yesterday!

Are you referring to the things shouted towards our defender Brian Saah?

we didnt say anything, so only people who could have said something to him were your fans?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:13:54 PM by THE ALTY »

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »

we didnt say anything, so only people who could have said something to him were your fans?

Ah yes, we always shout racist abuse to our best players  ::)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »

Are you a racist?

chris888

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 05:16:01 PM »

hence the sarcasm, as none of our fans would have been that disrespectful..

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

We don't mind the swearing, and agree that there is a lot going on around both benches but maybe you are not aware that language relating to disability is just as much an offense as racist language and just bear in mind that there are those with a disability working in and around the ground.

You see, this is dodgy ground. I'm pretty sure if someone shouts "spastic" they don't actually mean "I hate you because you suffer from cerebral palsy". Much like if someone shouts "get up you poof" to someone feigning injury, they're not saying "you're too weak to play this game because you're a homosexual".

Shouting incontrovertibly homophobic or racist abuse at gay or black players/fans is a different matter and should be treated very seriously. Likewise similar insults based on disability. But I think we can all chill out a bit when it comes to everything else.

joe

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »

Sorry guys but things were heard yesterday!

Are you referring to the things shouted towards our defender Brian Saah?

You know as well as i do that no racist language came from our supporters yesterday Chris so stop trying to stir up sh*t.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 05:59:32 PM »

Class post- We dont mind the swearing- right so i can stand there and say.. You little fu####g t##t# i f#####g hate you shi# fu## face c###

But if i dare to say something like your shirt looks a little camp my friend im out

:D- Nothing like a consistent approach

Better speak to Rooney as well
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

Just a reminder to ALL Alty fans. Whilst we all get angry sometimes at referees and opposition players, and we also like to tell opposition fans that Alty really is the best team in the land. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated, this of course includes racist language, homophobia and also language that is abusive to those with either special needs or a disability. Anyone heard to be using this language, no matter who they are, will be ejected from the ground.

alty fans are pretty refined lot  compared to many. much more swearing at fcum, stockport , droylden etc its not cricket or rugger

altylevy

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »

You see, this is dodgy ground. I'm pretty sure if someone shouts "spastic" they don't actually mean "I hate you because you suffer from cerebral palsy". Much like if someone shouts "get up you poof" to someone feigning injury, they're not saying "you're too weak to play this game because you're a homosexual".

Shouting incontrovertibly homophobic or racist abuse at gay or black players/fans is a different matter and should be treated very seriously. Likewise similar insults based on disability. But I think we can all chill out a bit when it comes to everything else.

Amen.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »

Not sucking up or anything and I've no idea who you actually are but you're one of the most reasonable people ever.

I think you're getting him mixed up with me  ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

You know as well as i do that no racist language came from our supporters yesterday

How do you know that?

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »

Not sucking up or anything and I've no idea who you actually are but you're one of the most reasonable people ever.

:D Cheers mate. It's the fine grounding you get from being brought up in Alty that does it  ;)

Sadly, I find myself in discussion with reactionary Home County racists or bleeding heart liberal kids half the time these days. Apparently common sense is unfashionable.

joe

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 06:28:06 PM »

You know as well as i do that no racist language came from our supporters yesterday

How do you know that?

Because you're a sh*t stirring cock.

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »

So Vessy what was said exactly by Alty fans and erm "how do you know that" to coin a phrase.

Because i was stood there and NOTHING at all was said to any of your players apart from "get up you puff" when you defender went down like a faggot - oops sorry I mean your mum.

As for the Cambridge fans having a rant at Reeves when he was down injured and had to go off - what was said then by your lot and erm "how do you know that"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language