PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Language  (Read 15324 times)

Steve-o

Re: Language
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »

Although I was annoyed earlier I would like to point out that I don't partake nor approve of racist abuse or offensive comments towards people with disabilities.

COME ON ALTY

bighairedmike

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »

I suspect that this post encapsulates the whole point

No disrespect intended Mr Aber but I would have credited you with more intelligence and insight.

Also you are one of the folk who I thought capable of a more inventive insult

I fear I was trying (and failing rather) to be a little bit ironic Phil. I find your second and third lines highly offensive.  ;)

I think the wording of the original post "anybody using offensive language will be removed" is the key point. What I find offensive is different to what other people find offensive. Personally I find the first word I said more offensive than the second word but appreciate others don't see it like.

The only way to completely combat that type of thing is by making a list of "bad" words and having a blanket ban on those words. It would be impossible to police and only result in an emptier stadium at a time when we are trying to get more fans through the gates.

And come on Phil, you've known me how long now? You should know I'm not intelligent enough for inventive insults...  ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »

Lots of valid points on here...but let's show a bit more respect to others from now on........if abuse is to be used, then stick to the traditional stuff !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

seasonticket

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »

When I first started standing with my school mates and not with my dad and uncles (that was about 58 years ago)and for many years after. the abuse shouted at players, refs and linesmen was far worse than anything I hear today at Moss Lane. Refs particularly would often return the comments withh interest as would linesmen, and every one had a good laugh. It was often extreemly crude but always good natured banter. As said in an earlier post you should be able to let off steam at a match, and the coments should not be taken too literally.
As for general bad language Rooneyesk, school buses and playgrounds are the places to hear plenty of it.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:37 AM »

After Mr. Rooneys' outburst at West Ham before our game, I sarcastically told my daughter to beware, as there might be some bad language at the Alty game.
After Cambridge scored their first goal I let out an expletive, completely involuntarily of course, and she turned to me and said 'Daddy, the only person I have heard swear here today is you!!'
We can't be that bad at Alty!!

Jezza

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »

I have a suggestion;

If you hear an unacceptable phrase go and tell the person responsible and eject them.

It's  a very bad idea to put out a very patronising ticking off/reminder to well behaved people who well know what is and what isn't acceptable as it just gets people's backs up....especially when we've had a lot of threads from regular fans complaining about one known individual
How would you like it if a Northwich steward nicked the petty cash from northwich and i put on a condescending message on here reminding all alty stewards that stealing is viewed seriously at alty and any alty stewards found acting in any illegal manner including kerb crawling will be dealt with.....see what i mean?????

totally unnecessary post in my view.

taxi Phil

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »

I couldn't really care less about obscene language, or "offensive" chanting. People say "offensive" things to me every day in the cab. 95% of the time I smile sweetly and ignore it, but try to avoid picking the people concerned up again. 5% of the time I have a go back. And on Saturday I physically ejected a customer for the first time in many years !

But I DO get angry when my afternoon is spoiled by someone like David Birch (emailed the club to complain, received no acknowledgement whatsoever !) or by some **** banging a drum for 90 minutes.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »

I couldn't really care less about obscene language, or "offensive" chanting. People say "offensive" things to me every day in the cab. 95% of the time I smile sweetly and ignore it, but try to avoid picking the people concerned up again. 5% of the time I have a go back. And on Saturday I physically ejected a customer for the first time in many years !

But I DO get angry when my afternoon is spoiled by someone like David Birch (emailed the club to complain, received no acknowledgement whatsoever !) or by some **** banging a drum for 90 minutes.

I too never received any acknowledgement off the club....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Language