PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The couldn't care less match thread.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The couldn't care less match thread.  (Read 39112 times)

Foz

Re: The couldn't care less match thread.
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »

Does anyone know if GR was one of the photographers at last night's game. I'd be interested in seeing what pictures there are of the youth teamers. It's likely to be the last time this season (and perhaps ever) that they get a chance to represent Altrincham FC (I hesitate to call last night "turning out for the first team").

Tim,

I can confirm Gavin was present at the game, and was taking photos.

timbo13

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »

Ta muchly.

safe95

« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

safe95....you are missed...when can we see you back mate?

Cheers, Ecky. I did turn out at AFC Wimbledon the other week but, apart from Al Murray and Rocky 'Don't tell anyone I'm a banker' Robin, faces from the old days were thin on the ground. Now you know who has gone a visit to Moss Lane would be good soon. Here's hoping for a victory at FGR.

Is that who I think it is? From Todmorden way? If so, where have you been and how the hell are you? If not, ignore me and my middle-aged dementia.

Ah, Globbers, it is indeed myself stuck in the inhospitable wastes of the Pennine wilderness,but at least it isn't Bacup. I am well but currently in the midst of a divorce and all that entails. Hope you are well. Heathcote out.

safe95

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »

Assuming safe95 is who we/I think it is can you please IM me when you are planning to make it to moss lane as due to circumstances I can't make it very often and I would hate to miss your visit.,,,,I think this club needs some decent PR....

Mark M

Hi Mark...it would be great to meet up with all the old crew, I'll put on here when I do plan to visit. Eyes right.

DJ

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »

Got to say Nantwich were terribly under prepared for the game last night. There were issues with the car parking for a coach, it went over a bridge where the sign said no HGVs or something like that, the programmes sold out and there was no hot food when I went for some at half time, not even a Yorkie chocolate bar. Can't they even cater for a gate of 415? Jeez and I thought Vics were bad!

bumble

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »

Got to say Nantwich were terribly under prepared for the game last night. There were issues with the car parking for a coach, it went over a bridge where the sign said no HGVs or something like that, the programmes sold out and there was no hot food when I went for some at half time, not even a Yorkie chocolate bar. Can't they even cater for a gate of 415? Jeez and I thought Vics were bad!

i agree, i went just before kick off

no burgers, no chips, i had the last peas...... last night the snack bar could have made a fair bit if prepared

bumble

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

Cheers Jack. Any news of other photographic evidence (especially of Ash Woods) will be gratefully received.

Edit: and that's 10"  ;)

heres some
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=g0ugh0ak05acj4hunvgvr3sa22&topic=12297.msg139854#new

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

safe95 look forward to seeing you at moss lane again a place were you belong watching the reds not the blues let me know when your down so we can have a pint like the old days.

safe95

« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

safe95 look forward to seeing you at moss lane again a place were you belong watching the reds not the blues let me know when your down so we can have a pint like the old days.

I most certainly will. But I hope you mean a pint of beer not a pint of whisky - you would probably cope with that, but I bloody wouldn't.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

I most certainly will. But I hope you mean a pint of beer not a pint of whisky - you would probably cope with that, but I bloody wouldn't.

You'll have to earn it though, I'd say a 3 mile walk down the canal. ;)

(in joke, sorry, needs better PR"
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »

Ah, Globbers, it is indeed myself stuck in the inhospitable wastes of the Pennine wilderness,but at least it isn't Bacup. I am well but currently in the midst of a divorce and all that entails. Hope you are well. Heathcote out.

Ah good man, sorry to hear about the divorce...life's rich tapestry often unravels in places. I'm now stuck in the wilds of rural County Wexford and don't get over as often as I'd like. Would be good to co-ordinate an invasion of the Boddies snatchers, although it may have to wait till next season now (Grimsby away is my one and only in what's left of this season)....here's hoping it's still the BSP.

Good to hear from you....too long
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

safe95

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »

Ah good man, sorry to hear about the divorce...life's rich tapestry often unravels in places. I'm now stuck in the wilds of rural County Wexford and don't get over as often as I'd like. Would be good to co-ordinate an invasion of the Boddies snatchers, although it may have to wait till next season now (Grimsby away is my one and only in what's left of this season)....here's hoping it's still the BSP.

Good to hear from you....too long

I  think that next season we should all arrange a game we can manage and get the whole lot of us together to a game to remember old and good times, good craic, good friends and some who are no longer with us but who are never forgotten. Best to you.  P.S. f**k off silkmen. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:06:07 AM by safe95 »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »

I  think that next season we should all arrange a game we can manage and get the whole lot of us together to a game to remember old and good times, good craic, good friends and some who are no longer with us but who are never forgotten. Best to you.  P.S. f**k off silkmen. 

Definitely, on all counts.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The couldn't care less match thread.