News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leave Beesley and take Coly

Author Topic: Leave Beesley and take Coly  (Read 6345 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »

to FGR. So Coly isn't the most skillful of players but he is a big bugger who gets stuck in and Beesley does nothing! HE had a great game tonight so give him a chance.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

RocketDan

Re: Leave Beesley and take Coly
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

I think the word great is often overused nowadays. That said he looks like he has a good engine and might just be useful to throw on to attack set pieces

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

Coly is dire, the only reason he stood out is because, in the words of a fellow fan: "he's just extremely long legs and a head.'

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »

I wouldn't say so...He got stuck in to a good few challenges and wins everything in the air. Okay not great but Beesley has never done anything for us so why not?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »

Didn't go last night, but saw him at the Alsager(?) match, I know it's not the greatest yardstick of BSP quality, but he did win a lot in the air that night

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »

Didn't go last night, but saw him at the Alsager(?) match, I know it's not the greatest yardstick of BSP quality, but he did win a lot in the air that night
Same here - my impression was of a slightly limited player who just could be useful as an impact sub. Whatever - he just HAS to be better than Beesley.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:27 PM »

I was maybe a little harsh on him after Alsager...he showed some good touches last night and was certainly a large presence.

He looked like the kind of player I wouldn't want the opposoition to bring on with 15 mins left

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »

he just HAS to be better than Beesley.

This.
Come on Alty!

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »

I thought Coly played really well on Tuesday night. I've not seen him before but he handled the occasion well, and didn't look out of his depth. Alongside more experienced players he could really prosper. And he kept going right until the end, so he showed good attitude.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 11:32:32 PM »

Obviously I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't comment from any PERSONAL experience

However I believe that the Youth Teamers were very good - George and his coaches should be complimented on their performance...It's a very long time since we've given a Youth Teamer a chance to prove that they can actually play. Pity there's no way we can keep some of the better ones and develop them

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »

Obviously I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't comment from any PERSONAL experience

However I believe that the Youth Teamers were very good - George and his coaches should be complimented on their performance...It's a very long time since we've given a Youth Teamer a chance to prove that they can actually play. Pity there's no way we can keep some of the better ones and develop them

Totally agree with this, well done to George and all associated with the youth team!
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:37 AM »

I thought the young lads did a superb job on Tues night especially the back four...

Heslop for England...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »

A solution for the better youths is to keep them on Alty's books but loan them out to BSN or Unibond Prem clubs or use Trafford (for instance) as a satellite club so we can see how they get on with (hopefully) some good regular competitive action
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team