PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 early match thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: early match thread  (Read 36412 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: early match thread
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »

Long train home with the bloody wigan fans
ParkINson's red and white army

Altyant

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »

Gutted after that yesterday. Thought we started off ok until Bateson went off injured. They didnt really show very much until they scored the first goal. Theres been a lot of criticism of Dootson for the first two goals, but how far was Clancy allowed to advance unhindered for the first, and then Seddon allowed to carry the ball parallel to the penalty area without a challenge before his goal.

Agreed with the earlier post, about not minding opposition giving us a bit of stick, however the masctos behaviour was ridiculous, as was the two stewards in the segration area laughing about it and not ushering the mascot away.

I hoped at half time that we come out and have a go in the second half but it never really came. We need to have scored earlier to got something. Thought there keeper made a great save to cclaw the ball off the line (cant remember who's effort it was).

On a final note, Kenny can you please send Baynes back to Wrexham. He has no fight for the battle ahead. 

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »

Afraid we have got Baines until the end of the season.

Why does Ken keep playing him though?

Not only do the majority of fans think he hasn't the stomach for the fight some of the other players don't think he has either.

I heard both Densmore and Lawton make some very uncomplimentary remarks to him yesterday. 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »

Reportedly Baines is incredibly good in training

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

Reportedly Baines is incredibly good in training

But he's fatuous in competitive matches.....and has been for weeks.

I can only presume that the principal reason that he keeps getting selected is that otherwise we would have to pick the even more abject Beesley...

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

Since when was Sean Clancy good? Swear he was an average left back when he played for us? He tore us apart yesterday, deserved MOM.

bighairedmike

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »

I had a word with one of the stewards at half time about that mascot. I told him that it was an absolute disgrace, it was antagonistic and there were a sizable group of people that were willing to give him a smack which, while deserved, would have resulted in them getting kicked out which wasn't fair.

To be fair he said he'd have a word which he did and the mascot wasnt there in the second half.

Fleetwood is a strange place, especially the fat prick that bared his arse at us. If that was one of us we'd have got kicked out straight away.

If I saw that mascot in the street I wouldnt think twice about giving it a good kicking. If that was a bunch of stockport or oxford fan subjected to that it would have come to blows very quickly.

Also, cupping your "ear" to a bunch of fans when they have just gone a goal down is not on. Especially when you're a fish that doesnt even have ears. Basic, basic, inbred scum.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2011, 12:20:06 AM »

Since when was Sean Clancy good? Swear he was an average left back when he played for us? He tore us apart yesterday, deserved MOM.

He's a class act......could do very well & play at a considerably higher level.

I can only remember him starting one game for us.....& of course he was playing in a struggling side.

He's not dissimilar in style to Gareth Bale & also seems to have really benefitted by playing in a more attacking role.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »

He's a class act......could do very well & play at a considerably higher level.

I can only remember him starting one game for us.....& of course he was playing in a struggling side.

Mister Flynn,

Clancy made his Alty debut at left full back in that 3-2 BSP victory over Droylsden at Moss Lane on Saturday, 22nd September 2007 (the one where we ended up with Jake Sedgemore in goal).

Prior to that fixture, we had failed to register a single victory in our opening ten league matches.

Ironically, Clancy was given a torrid time by a certain Chris Denham and he was eventually substituted after 51 minutes.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:46 AM »

I remember that Clancy played away at Woking and I seem to recall he was deployed at left back. Consequently he looked like a bit of a fish out of water.
Come on Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »

I remember that Clancy played away at Woking and I seem to recall he was deployed at left back. Consequently he looked like a bit of a fish out of water.

That was Ryan Shotton's debut.Did Clancy come on as a substitute?

He was considered to be a left back at that time.

Butty

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »

Back then, the fact that we had signed Abbey Clancy's brother was more important than a left back said it all, I do remember him getting abseloutely skinned a fair few times when he was with us and nobody batting an eyelid when he left

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »

Clancy played the last quarter of an hour at left back in the 2-2 draw at York where Joe O'Neill got the injury time equaliser. I believe that was his debut.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »

Did Clancy come on as a substitute?

I think he did Brian. Carlos Logan was spectularly unspectacular on the left wing that day.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »

Did Clancy come on as a substitute?

I think he did Brian. Carlos Logan was spectularly unspectacular on the left wing that day.
Go on Carlos
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 early match thread