PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Newport Matchday Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Newport Matchday Thread  (Read 14171 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Newport Matchday Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

Aye thanks for the commentary
that goal might help our goal difference :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Harold

fuertes

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

Yep, good commentary.

Depressing result, we're all but down, but we have to keep plugging away whilst there's a mathematical chance.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »

My source at the game says it's been another total no-show today.

I'm sorry but the general lack of fight in recent weeks has been nothing short of a disgrace.
Come on Alty!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »

Kettering game just finished at 2-1
Harold

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »

I left a little after we conceded our third...okay I feel a bit bad about that, but I am just sick of it. I'm still going to Grimsby even though we're doomed but it was such a shame to see so many terrible performances and Connors was a total let down.

Absolutely gutted.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »

Sounded like Newport were a class above us in both quality and determination.

Hoping for a miraculous resurrection of the team on Easter Monday .......

fuertes

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »

My source at the game says it's been another total no-show today.

I'm sorry but the general lack of fight in recent weeks has been nothing short of a disgrace.

I haven't been to many games this season, but the ones I have seen suggest a mixture of problems.

1. Some players don't care: Twiss; Baynes; Beesley.

2. We've had terrible luck with injuries to some of our best players: Denham; Densmore; Coburn.

3. Some of our players simply aren't good enough: Dootson; Brown; Lawton (sorry Robbie, committed captain and good guy but often found wanting this season).

Still, must keep fighting in the hope of a miraculous salvation. If it doesn't happen, it's a chance for the start of a new McKenna era with a clearout of players.

fuertes

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »

I left a little after we conceded our third...okay I feel a bit bad about that, but I am just sick of it. I'm still going to Grimsby even though we're doomed but it was such a shame to see so many terrible performances and Connors was a total let down.
Absolutely gutted.

I strongly suspect he wasn't right from the start and was simply trying to play through the pain.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

sorry, harsh, red mist...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

fuertes

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

sorry, harsh, red mist...

Understandable. It's gutting.

Bath Alty

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2011, 05:20:28 PM »

Quote from Alty terraces April 2012

"Kenny, Ken McKenna he's the greatest man in history, from the town of Alty, won promotion with F@ck all money"

That's as far as my positive thinking will go.  I can't see us getting another point if we play like we did at FGR and it didn't sound much better in the last couple of games.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »

I feel desperately sorry for Ken Mckenna. He asked the players for a big response and got next to nothing in return.

Disgraceful!
Come on Alty!

dunhamalty

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »

[/quote]

I haven't been to many games this season, but the ones I have seen suggest a mixture of problems.

1. Some players don't care: Twiss; Baynes; Beesley.

2. We've had terrible luck with injuries to some of our best players: Denham; Densmore; Coburn.

3. Some of our players simply aren't good enough: Dootson; Brown; Lawton (sorry Robbie, committed captain and good guy but often found wanting this season).

Still, must keep fighting in the hope of a miraculous salvation. If it doesn't happen, it's a chance for the start of a new McKenna era with a clearout of players.
[/quote]

More players than those 3 are not good enough at this level,. Its easier to name the players who are good enough of which I can probably count on 1 hand,

Today most of the players showed a lack of respect to everyone who holds Alty FC close to their hearts. If we had lost today and everyone showed a great amount of effort us as fans would have had to say 'fair play they gave it there all', what upsets me most (and probably most of the fans) is we are going down with no show of courage, pride or passion

If we dont show a serious upturn next year we will be fighting relegation again..

Finally all i can say is I am gutted and hope some of those players who have picked up money for todays performance really think "have i deserved this"    

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

Having endured 95 minutes of utter sh*te today I thought I'd sum today's performance up for those who couldn't get to the game in a few words;

Utterly spineless and passionless.

Someone posted that maybe the nerves got the better of our players. Get real pal, they actually don't give a sh*t if they stay up or not as half of em are pissing off back to their own clubs, some are contracted for another year irrespective of which league they play in and the others are probably quite happy to get home from away matches by 6 o'clock and made up they won't miss Ant and pissin Decs Saturday NIght Takeaway.

I think it's time that we realized the only passionate people inthe ground are the ones who put money into the club rather than takeit out ie the paying fans. And the mgr team, board, volunteers etc....

If only us fans could play football eh?

taxi Phil

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

I'd make two exceptions - Nicky Clee (the only possible candidate for Player of the Season) tried his heart out as usual.

And Carl Piergianni whose skills and attitude deserve to be seen on a better stage than we can hope to give him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Newport Matchday Thread