PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Eastbourne "sh*t or bust" Matchday thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Eastbourne "sh*t or bust" Matchday thread  (Read 40606 times)

fuertes

Re: The Eastbourne "sh*t or bust" Matchday thread
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »

Gutting. Absolutely gutting. I can't believe Forest f**king Green got out of the sh*t. I hate that poxy club so much. I'd have at least congratulated Southport for battling against the odds and staying up, but FGR? Gah.

Dootson is shag. We should get rid.

As for what happened first half...why on Earth weren't we right at it? It's a sh*t or bust game to preserve Conference status?

Also...Beesley. Where did this come from and why wasn't he playing out of his skin in the previous 20 odd games in which he's been involved????

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »

What a disgrace, thanks Heathcote for the dross you brought in, thanks Twiss for being a mercenary lazy bastard, thanks for the other loan players, not all, who cared little. People care, it matters to people's lives how this club does, can any of you lot hand on heart say it matters to you? Will you wake up tomorrow and think about what might have been? Will you f*ck.

Stay Kenny but rebuild from scratch with players who care.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »

I have my other half telling me it's only a game.......not helping. Absolutely gutted,  but if truth be told, we deserve no more from this season. We can argue the toss about the reasons, but the truth is we were just not good enough. How the hell will we compete in the BSN.....can't even contemplate that at the moment.

Major clearout required, but what do we rebuild with?........oh feck it, all questions for another day.......wish the other results had not gone our way now, but even that doesn't really matter......rambling now.....I'm off to kill some brain-cells
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »

That match perfectly sums up our season.

It was there for the taking but we failed to turn up until it was too late.

We only have ourselves to blame.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »

Before the game if you'd have said the other 2 results would go our way and we would score 3 against Eastbourne we'd have all thought "We are safe"!!   Ha!  We should know better as Alty fans this season...... :(

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

What a disgrace, thanks Heathcote for the dross you brought in, thanks Twiss for being a mercenary lazy bastard, thanks for the other loan players, not all, who cared little. People care, it matters to people's lives how this club does, can any of you lot hand on heart say it matters to you? Will you wake up tomorrow and think about what might have been? Will you f*ck.

Stay Kenny but rebuild from scratch with players who care.

Talking of loanees, Ryan Shotton turned out for Stoke today in the Premier League. That's the sort of player we need, not scathing of this level, but using it as a stepping stone. Peirgienni was of the same type. good luck to him.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

fuertes

« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »

Talking of loanees, Ryan Shotton turned out for Stoke today in the Premier League. That's the sort of player we need, not scathing of this level, but using it as a stepping stone. Peirgienni was of the same type. good luck to him.

Unfortunately, I don't fancy our chances of attracting too many loanees from the top three tiers now that we're back in regional football.

One of the only positives I can think of is that without the threat of relegation looming, Ken will actually have time to build a squad in his own image. The McCarthy incident this season was a prime example. Ken liked him and thought he could be moulded into a good player, but had to get rid because we desperately needed goals right away. At least in the Conference North he'll be able to take time to get things right for the long-term.

Ken - please stay and build your own team here. We will give you time.

dunhamalty

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »

I think we need to develop our own squad anyway without relying on loan players, the core of our team NEEDS to be ours and sprinkle in a few loan players and not have the core of our team as loan players, I hope Ken does stay and builds his own team which all are our players
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Eastbourne "sh*t or bust" Matchday thread