News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who nicked our copy of the script....

Author Topic: Who nicked our copy of the script....  (Read 1239 times)

WiganAlty

« on: April 30, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »

... as I can only assume this is the reason for the abject display in the first half.

The script was simple - we HAD to win regardless. We couldn't influence the results of FGR-Tamworth or Kettering-Southport. However, it appears that these teams were in posession of the script and followed it exactly. Unfortunately, with a couple of exceptions, we appear to have players unable to read, otherwise they would have played with at least a smattering of purpose and pride in the first half.

It's no use anyone trying to gloss over things by saying we made a superb comeback in the second half - we simply shouldn't have been in this position. I overheard someone at half time saying that they hadn't expected Eastbourne to be up for it - seems that the team also had this attitude. I've seen more movement in a kids musical statues game when the music stops than the majority of the team in the first half. Why it needed us to be three goals down and the team getting a rollocking from Ken at half-time to make us perform is beyond me.

As with everyone else, I was totally gutted when I heard that the other results had gone our way, but even more gutted that our pitiful first half performance led to our relegation. It's true that the previous 45 games had caused us to be in the position we were prior to today's game, but we were at the last chance saloon and totally ballsed it up (to be polite).

And don't get me started on Eastbourne's fourth goal................
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team