PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season friendlies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Pre-season friendlies  (Read 12729 times)

York Alty

Re: Pre-season friendlies
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »

I would like to see the CSC played pre season and put to bed prior to the important games ahead.

Given Stockport's recent demotion to the BSB Prem. does that mean they will be taking part in the Cheshire Senior Cup next season ?

assumedly so.

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »

I'd love a pre-season friendly against Grimsby !

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »

I would like to see the CSC played pre season and put to bed prior to the important games ahead.

Given Stockport's recent demotion to the BSB Prem. does that mean they will be taking part in the Cheshire Senior Cup next season ?
Does that mean they won't be able to defend the Cheshire Premier Cup next season? There is only 3 teams from Cheshire in the football league next season. Crewe, Tranmere and Macc. Wouldn't it be better if they scrapped the Premier Cup and put the league teams in Senior Cup? I know most of us want the Senior Cup scrapped as well but it is not going to happen it is?
They really should be beating teams like us

bumble

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 04:19:25 PM »

Barrow (H) 2nd August - 7:45 KO

From Barrow FC site

Barrow will visit former Blue Square Bet Premier colleagues, Altrincham, on Tuesday August 2nd following confirmation of a friendly at Moss Lane

Barrow aim to start their pre-season campaign on Saturday July 9th with four home and four away games in addition to the traditional Furness Select game at Holker Street.

Altrincham were relegated from The Conference National on Saturday ending a spell six season at the highest level outside the Football League.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »

Man U (AWAY)...

That would be nice for the bankers.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »

I'm sure we played county at home in a friendly in the late 80s but not since cos of the behaviour of some of their fans ?

We played County in a friendly at home in 2008........Gannon was in the stand and went mad at the assistant in the dug-out......also the Turkish waiter played for us and was subbed after a few minutes of coming on
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »

Cant we play a Scottish team again, I remember us playing Greenock Moreton - superb fans even though we lost that game.

We used to play Scottish teams a lot, we played Montrose and I think East Fife as well as Moreton.

Anybody remember any others??

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

Id like to play mazda again!! (one for the youngesters there), and also malawi.

http://www.lusa.u-net.com/020727mi.htm

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »

Cant we play a Scottish team again, I remember us playing Greenock Moreton - superb fans even though we lost that game.

We used to play Scottish teams a lot, we played Montrose and I think East Fife as well as Moreton.

Anybody remember any others??

Weren't we playing a Scottish team when some fans did a half time protest about Kingy resigning in 1991?

I can't remember who it was now. Possibly Stirling Albion?

I also recall playing a pre-season friendly against Arbroath.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »

The protest was against stirling albion, george abandonded his post as a turnstile operator that day aswell!  :D

bumble

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »

Website

Details of at least four pre-season friendlies for Altrincham FC will be announced over the weekend, so watch this space...

george

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »

The memories come flooding back. I didn't leave my turnsile, I was asked to leave the ground, as I was asking fans to boycott the match. However, those who wished to attend, I admitted. It produced such a reaction, that I was asked to leave my post. Wez & the the rest of the golf road enders were outsige after the game demanding to know what had happended to Kingy. Having payed to get back into the ground, I entered the Board Room & was informed the new manager would be announced on Monday. However, on looking round the board room, I spyed the new man hidden in the corner. The new man being STAN ALLAN. On the Monday the Chairman, GEOFF LLOYD re-instated me.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »

I remember it will george! I can still see you see saying somthing along the lines of "if you want to pay to come in and watch a managerless football club thats up to you"

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

I remember it will george! I can still see you see saying somthing along the lines of "if you want to pay to come in and watch a managerless football club thats up to you"
George Heslop - Alty legend !

thegazelle

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »

I prefer this match report just love the propaganda.
There were perhaps 20 Malawi supporters who i think were at the commonwealth games.

By Aubrey Sumbuleta
BBC Sport Online in Manchester 

The Malawi national football team continued their tour of England with a 3-2 friendly victory over club side Altrincham.

Malawi win warm-up
Hundreds of Malawians resident in the United Kingdom came to cheer their side during a thrilling match.

The Flames led the match as early as a minute into the first half when their Botswana-based professional Steven Bakali headed in a rebound.

Despite going a goal down so early, the Altrincham players took the game seriously and were soon trying to force their way back into match.

But soon after the resumption of the second half, former Jomo Cosmos hero Jones Nkhwazi banged in another goal through a header.

Altrincham could not let the visitors embarrass them in their own backyard, however.

They made some inroads into The Flames half and got a penalty after towering defender Clement Kafwafwa fouled an Altrinchan player in the box.

The Malawi squad have taken to wearing England tracksuits

A penalty was well converted to make it 2-1.
Then in the last quarter of the match, Altrincham scored a spectacular effort to seemingly clinch a dramatic draw.

But then in the dying minutes Flames captain Sherry Msuku shot from far out to score a winner.

Soon after the end of the match, hundreds of Malawians - most of them students in the United Kingdom - poured on to the pitch chanting and singings songs praising their team.

Showing their appreciation for The Flames' performance, they game the players gifts and appealed to the team to beat Zambia in order to qualify for the final of the Cosafa Cup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season friendlies