PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Winning the conference north
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Winning the conference north  (Read 10412 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Winning the conference north
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »

Ebbsfleet got relegated on the last day of last season,dusted themselves,went again,and are now 2up away from home at chelmsford in the bss playoffs.If we are  saying thats a bridge too far then bloody hell,weve not gone out of business,weve been relegated and had to have a budget cut,our budget will still by decent by bsn standards,no wonder theres so much apathy these days,....15 of the sides in this league are sh*t,payton and o neil with every respect are stars of this league,liven up people

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »

Ebbsfleet got relegated on the last day of last season,dusted themselves,went again,and are now 2up away from home at chelmsford in the bss playoffs.If we are  saying thats a bridge too far then bloody hell,weve not gone out of business,weve been relegated and had to have a budget cut,our budget will still by decent by bsn standards,no wonder theres so much apathy these days,....15 of the sides in this league are sh*t,payton and o neil with every respect are stars of this league,liven up people
If Ebbsfleet do go straight back up, do you think they'll be a major force ? Because I don't, and that's the point I'm making Pete.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

Probably not phil,but they will be dining at the top table,we will never be a force at that level until we are full time,but we must make returning a priority,stafford,lewes and st albans never bothered rushing to get back,and look where they are this season!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »

We need to hear positive vibes from the club re next season 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »

All I'm saying Pete is that we don't know what the Budget will be do we?

Would you say that if, for example we cut 30 to 40% off this seasons budget, that would be decent by BSN standards?

bumble

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 09:29:37 PM »

All I'm saying Pete is that we don't know what the Budget will be do we?

Would you say that if, for example we cut 30 to 40% off this seasons budget, that would be decent by BSN standards?

Id heard it was 5O% Of this years

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »

The going rate in that league will be a damn site less than what weve been paying in recent seasons,we are central enough in the geographical layout of this league to attract players aswell

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »

and warren peyton gets the winner for guiseley tonight

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »

and warren peyton gets the winner for guiseley tonight
Nice one Warren !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »

Exactly,without being arrogant or disrespectful,the conference north is such a moderate league,we must go out to try and win it,and make people know that is our aim.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »

I am really amazed at the negativity on here about  our chances next season.. NO bugger knows what the budget is likely to be except for Grahame Rowley and the board so lets stop the speculation.. NO bugger knows yet who will be playing for Alty next season I doubt anyone at the club can answer that one yet..

Until we here anything for Christ sake stay positive... I am pissed off enough about being fkn relegated without reading all the fkn doubters on here as well

Rant over

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 10:57:11 PM »

You could say to Kenny "do whatever it takes to give us a chance of promotion next season" and he'd act accordingly. You could also say "we think you're the man for the forseeable future - we want you, over the next three years, to build a really good side capable of achieving promotion by playing attractive football". If we go for the latter, that hardly means we needn't turn up in the meantime, even though it makes immediate promotion less probable.

Obviously all this is just opinion, but if we keep the bulk of this squad and hoof our way to fifth, before losing the playoffs, we really would have been better off telling Ken to take time to get the squad right for the long-term.

Sorry, what is this nonsense! Building for the future is great, but our main priority should always be to achieve the highest possible league finish, right from the off.

If we are still in the Conference North after three years then what? We have wasted three years pursuing some vague fantasy of legacy building. A casing point here would be Arsenal, constantly building their team, never to achieve. I bet if you ask Arsenal fans what they want - an empty trophy cabinet but long term potential, or, short term success and trophies - they would take the trophies.

As for attractive football - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, this is a results business and, as such, I'd take a team constantly grinding out boring 1-0 wins, over a flamboyant passing side drawing 4-4. Again, this is why Arsenal aren't winning the Premier League but Manchester United and Chelsea are.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:59:01 PM by RocketDan »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »

What's the point in developing young players? They leave for a bigger club if they are any good and we never get any money for them!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jacko

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:07 PM »

This is what its going to be about for three months so let's get used to it!!! Negative/positive there's an argument for both attitudes when relegated so let the debate continue I say! Nothing else going on!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 11:57:10 PM »

I am really amazed at the negativity on here about  our chances next season.. NO bugger knows what the budget is likely to be except for Grahame Rowley and the board so lets stop the speculation.. NO bugger knows yet who will be playing for Alty next season I doubt anyone at the club can answer that one yet..

Until we here anything for Christ sake stay positive... I am pissed off enough about being fkn relegated without reading all the fkn doubters on here as well

Rant over

Sorry if you think I'm being negative Ray!

Much as I love a touch of optimism I'm really concerned that, if people go into next season thinking that we will get promoted with minimal inconvenience, and we don't quite make it, partly because of financial considerations, then there will be some very disenchanted people on here.

If (as I think as likely as me Reffing the 2012 FA Cup Final ) our budget remains the same or almost so, then I'll be a touch more gung-ho about things
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Winning the conference north