PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Red and wite stripped shirt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Red and wite stripped shirt  (Read 11458 times)

Jacko

Re: Red and wite stripped shirt
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »

Would agree that most of the people that voted won't even buy a shirt, so how did we end up wearing red and black in the past? Bet they didn't vote, maybe the players or owners realized it was a positive step allround, hope this happens next season

fuertes

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »

Hang on, I really don't understand this.

Are people actually saying that they would have bought a red and black shirt, but won't be buying a red and white one? Why the f**k not? It's the current club shirt. You either want it or you don't, surely?

I always thought it was a strange idea to fundamentally change the design of your home shirt in an attempt to scrape an extra few quid. I know we've had the occasional season where we've changed the red and white stripes, but I can't say I'm a fan of doing that.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »

It was always going to be red and white!!
Were red were black were f**kin dynamite! Altrincham!! Altrincham!!!!     yeah good one!! :D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

Only at Alty....is it just me? There was a democratic process, a result was achieved and what do we get? A thread full of people moaning about the result. There's nothing like a bit of positivity coming out of a democratic process eh? Would people have preferred that there had been no vote or that the result had been ignored and a decision taken against the wishes of the majority?
javascript:void(0);
Cheers Uncle G

That's precisely what I was trying to get over.

It's people's own decision whether to buy a shirt, a hat or an advertising board.

Ijust find it bizarre (but also faintly typical) that people feel the necessity to tell everyone else what they aren't doing and to do so in such a critical manner.

However I know that it's a forum and that people are entitled to have and subsequently post their views and I totally respect this

altytony1

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »

Only at Alty....is it just me? There was a democratic process, a result was achieved and what do we get? A thread full of people moaning about the result. There's nothing like a bit of positivity coming out of a democratic process eh? Would people have preferred that there had been no vote or that the result had been ignored and a decision taken against the wishes of the majority?
no i think its ashame that lost income has been lost here,the red and white shirt most already have.and all the fund raising schemes we have at the moment one season red and black could not of harmed shirts sales could it.ONLY AT ALTY.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »

I just think that, what with the massive budget cuts this year we could have taken this measure to try and get some  extra funding. No one wants a new shirt that looks the same as the one they've already got.

Ah well, as I say I'll probably buy one just to help the club and well done to the club in getting a fans response!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Bath Alty

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »

Can those who have been saved the expense of buying a new red and black shirt by the democratic vote, not donate half the benefit of the saving to the club.  I don't know what the profit margin is on the shirt but half the price would be a decent replacement of lost sales.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »

there's something us redandblackstripeites are forgetting as well...the very nice new away shirt!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »

Why not bring the red and black shirt out as a third strip?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »

Can I just make the point that the 2011/12 Red and White Striped shirt, if bought from the Club, will be significantly different to the 2010/11 shirt by virtue of having J Davidson plastered across the front of it. It is also different in terms of stripe width and a couple of other details

A number of Football League Clubs have in the past changed sponsor but not basic shirt design and have subsequently sold a good number of replica shirts.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

I am going to buy one, cant see why all fans (who can afford it) should not buy one to support the club when the club needs it most,....ie NOW :o :o :o

markecky

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »

Indeed...United bring out a red shirt that is just red every couple of years.

I wanted red and black as we would have sold more but its not true that we won't sell any....people will want the latest shirt for the playoffs anyway ;)

bigcol

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »

I wanted red and black purely because I live in the North East so red and white stripes aren't an option, unless I want to be mistaken for a Mackem. Never mind eh.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »

I wanted red and black purely because I live in the North East so red and white stripes aren't an option, unless I want to be mistaken for a Mackem. Never mind eh.

Just buy a new away kit then :o

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »

[/quote]

Just buy a new away kit then :o
[/quote]

Good call Ian :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team