PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Red and wite stripped shirt
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Red and wite stripped shirt  (Read 11463 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Red and wite stripped shirt
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

I wanted red and black purely because I live in the North East so red and white stripes aren't an option, unless I want to be mistaken for a Mackem. Never mind eh.

Having attended Uni in Newcassel I fully understand where Col is coming from. I had to hide for a while returning from the York 4th round game in 1984 due to just a scarf.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »

A new shirt is split half and half, 50% is selling it and making it marketable, and 50% is making sure it has sentimental value and displays tradition etc.

Obviously the people who are more concerned with the latter have voted in greater numbers. This is worrying because there will be more people in that category who wont even buy a replica shirt anyway. I'm not saying their opinion shouldn't be counted, as every fan is equal, but for me I think every fan should be wanting the club to maximise profits from every opportunity it gets... and this huge opportunity has now gone completely out the window.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

I wanted red and black purely because I live in the North East so red and white stripes aren't an option, unless I want to be mistaken for a Mackem. Never mind eh.

Can be tricky down here too. People see Red and White stripes and assume its a Scumhampton shirt. 
I'll buy one though! I'm one of the traditionalists who voted for red and white and so I feel duty bound to buy one even though I might not get to more than one or two games next season.

joe

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »

I would have bought red and black stripes for myself and my son. Not buying another red and white one though.

62vintage

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »

I am glad the red and white shirt has been chosen, as for me they should always be our colours. However there seem to be some people who are saying that they are not going to buy the new shirt but would have bought a red and black one. That appears a bit petty to me, so I would suggest that those who feel this way purchase the second colours.
In my opinion the club have been very forward thinking in allowing the fans to vote on next seasons kit. I cannot think of any other club who would do this.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »

I really can't see the problem. I'll be buying a new red and white shirt if only to augment my growing sponsors logo collection (I have a number of red and white ones now!)

For those who preferrred a red and black one, might I suggest the most loyal thing to do would be to buy a new red and white one, wear it every day and not wash it. That way it's a triple winner;
1. Cash boost for the club
2. You get the shirt you want eventually (even quicker if YOU don't wash too)
3. You're helping to save the environment by reducing your use of soap and detergent

Everyone's a winner!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bigcol

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »

I have the away strip. Smarty pants you lot ;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »

Hang on, I really don't understand this.

Are people actually saying that they would have bought a red and black shirt, but won't be buying a red and white one? Why the f**k not? It's the current club shirt. You either want it or you don't, surely?

I always thought it was a strange idea to fundamentally change the design of your home shirt in an attempt to scrape an extra few quid. I know we've had the occasional season where we've changed the red and white stripes, but I can't say I'm a fan of doing that.

Well said that man.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

It's people's own decision whether to buy a shirt, a hat or an advertising board.

Ijust find it bizarre (but also faintly typical) that people feel the necessity to tell everyone else what they aren't doing and to do so in such a critical manner.

However I know that it's a forum and that people are entitled to have and subsequently post their views and I totally respect this

Exactly this.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

John Crewe

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »

I really cant believe this is being discussed.

I also cant believe some on hear wanted the club to sell out and play in red and black

Some things are more important and selling your soul is one of them

I am proud to be an Altrincham fan proud to be red and white - not red and black!

Prehaps we might sell more kits if we play in blue, green or even pink? Whats the difference?

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »

See new thread regarding possible release of 3rd shirt for FA competitions only.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »

Why not bring the red and black shirt out as a third strip?

Looking at it, good idea!

Butty

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »

Was going to post something about using the red and black for cups but deleted it because i thought it was a ridiculous idea and i'd be the only one who thought it would work- apparently not

If more people voted for the red and white, then more people should buy the red and white

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

I think I'll buy 1 adult and 2 kids shirts and Im glad its red and white. We delayed buying last season due to the change of sponsor.

Jacko

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:15 PM »

why are people getting upset becuase fans wanted something then didnt get it and now making it clear they want the opportunity to buy it!! nobodys saying its wrong to wear red and white they just want to buy something differant and unique, the cup shirt idea is fantastic i will get one for sure
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Red and wite stripped shirt