News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 conference north gossip

Author Topic: conference north gossip  (Read 1988 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
conference north gossip
« on: May 12, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »

Apparently harrogate are chucking big money at a promotion push this season, bit weird seeing as the league is going to be considerably stronger next season than the year just passed, and a few of blyths players are being tempted down the A1 to play for harrogate

York Alty

Re: conference north gossip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »

Been here before with harrogate.  It was about the same time that their ChairT**t was on about the Damned Yorkists moving in with them. dream on Harrogate you clowns..

thegazelle

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »

I think in 40+ years of being an alty fan harrogate at home 1-4 if i am corre4ct but it felt like 1-20 was our worst first day of the season.

another bad harrogate memory clothes line challenge our keeper away at harrogate in 2005 promotion season i dont think it was stuart in nets.

please carry on with this depresssing memory bit and by the fist game we will be so positve even if we only get a draw against solihull miners

(bit weird that pete solihull miners is a bit like saying Hale miners

r

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:32:04 AM »

I think in 40+ years of being an alty fan harrogate at home 1-4 if i am corre4ct but it felt like 1-20 was our worst first day of the season.

another bad harrogate memory clothes line challenge our keeper away at harrogate in 2005 promotion season i dont think it was stuart in nets.

please carry on with this depresssing memory bit and by the fist game we will be so positve even if we only get a draw against solihull miners

(bit weird that pete solihull miners is a bit like saying Hale miners

r

That opening day home debacle against (then newly promoted) Harrogate Town occurred on 17th August 2002 and the final score was even worse than you recollect: 0-4.

Richard Acton was the goalkeeper who was carried off at Harrogate in August 2003.
Chris Adams replaced him in the green jersey.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:32:25 AM »

I stand very much corrected on all accounts........... 2003 thats 8 years ago i am sooooooooo old
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 conference north gossip