PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior Released by Darlo..?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chris Senior Released by Darlo..?  (Read 8018 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Senior Released by Darlo..?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »

"I'd come back from injury, trained for three or four days last week and was hoping to get into the squad at Wembley because the gaffer had a big decision to make regarding who was going to be on the bench. Luckily I got the nod and scored a bit of a special goal.

"Sunday, Monday and Tuesday was a bit of a comedown after what had happened on Saturday.

"Then I came back into the club today, was looking forward to tonight and then at five to six I get hit with a bombshell that I've been released from my contract for next season.

"I was hoping that the importance of the goal I scored on Saturday would go some way towards earning a new contract.

"The importance of the goal, for the club and the town, if there had been a bit of indecision from the gaffer, then it might have gone some way towards giving me an extension on my contract."

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »

Talking about Chrissy today with Wycombe Wanderers shirt wearing Scotsman, who knew of Chris and spoke of him very highly. I noticed the shirt was a Prostar one, so I mentioned Ian Senior and got onto the subject of Chris from the Alty connection.

A surreal conversation for the west of Scotland!

Go Ballistic

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 12:30:55 AM »

heya - firstly cheers to all those that sent us good wishes for the Final, was a great day. Think most Darlo fans are real sad to see Chrissy leave. His heart is bigger than his height!

I know how much you guys respected the wee fella and it was much the same up Darlo. Providing he does fully recover from his injury then he will do ok for himself thats for sure, he is too good a player not to be picked up.

The only reason he was released is that we already have Hatch and Campbell (signed mid-season) as well as a young kid Michael Smith and Tommy Wright under contract and we need room to bring in another forward better (hopefully) than we already have. Am pretty sure if we could have moved Tommy Wright out Chris would have been retained. His style was ideal early doors when we were more direct and he had something to chase but his injury and us bringing in Bridge Wilkinson saw us play a more fluent diamond formation and sadly he never quite got his fitness back sufficiently to regain his place.

He leaves as a Legend for Darlo fans and with all our respect and we wish him all the best for the future (would be nice to see him go back to you guys given how much respect you have afforded him over the years).

Best of luck

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »

From the AFCW forum

If we don't go up, I'd be very tempted to sign Chris Senior, if he'd consider a move down south: he's caused us trouble for both Altrincham and Darlington.
13th May 2011 22:44:02
[92.lo.gg.ed]     
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior Released by Darlo..?