PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Preece for the Alty job?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Preece for the Alty job?  (Read 6885 times)

DJ

Preece for the Alty job?
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:21:31 AM »

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/forum/1-vics-chat/84437-andy-preece-to-alty

Read through this thread on the forum. Apparently he has definately applied for the job. What do you think?

Jacko

Re: Preece for the Alty job?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »

100% yes

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »

Read through this thread on the forum. Apparently he has definately applied for the job. What do you think?

Cabbages are kings
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:08 AM »

It would have to split up the "double act" surely we wouldnt bring his assistant in with him if he did come....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:03:36 AM »

Just read that thread on the vics forum, where does it say he's definately applied for the job? Its just some alty fan on a wind up if you ask me.Preece hasnt actually ever done anything as a nonleague manager, no disrespect to him,but I would be disappointed if he got the job, we need someone with a proven track record as a winner. I wouldnt be suprised if dino maarmira applied though.

DJ

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »

The thread does not actually say that Preece has applied for the job, but I have been told by certain good sources that he definately has. It would make sense as he would not have far too travel and he was linked with the Altrincham vacancy last season. He would not have that much money to work with but I would rather Altrincham than Vics as it is a good set up and you are well ran club.

He is a better manager at a higher level and has a proven track record and experience with Vics and Worcester. Just make sure you prepare yourself for everything to be fantastic at the start of the season and then a massive slump in form, and oh he will use about a million players on the way. They tend to shout a lot as well. You can have him with pleasure as he is not needed at Vics any more. 

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »

He's probably applied for it, but I doubt he'll get it.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »

A bloke whos took a well backed worcester to 3 midtable finishes,vics to 1 midtable finish,and then a midtable finish in the evostick league isnt in my eyes an ideal candidate.He may have had bsn experience,but we need someone who can work,and hopefully achieve results without having money to spend and without using 40 players

bumble

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »

He's probably applied for it, but I doubt he'll get it.

More chance than wes baynes...

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »

On a more serious note.

Given our Chairman has stated that "we won't be demanding promotion" why is he limiting his search to "someone who has knowledge and experience of Conference North"

Won't that rule out some potentially good candidates?  I am thinking of ex league players who have/are taking their coaching badges and are keen to take the first step into management.

I would like to see a manager who will bring a buzz back to Moss Lane. Who is more likely to do that someone like Nicky Butt (I pluck that name out only because he was mentioned by someone in an earlier thread) or some guy who may have managed in Conf North but has the pulling power of well.........................Mr Twiss.

Some ex league player with a name may also attract some new younger fans as well. He would certainly have access to and knowledge of a different player base than a tried and trusted Conf North manager.

Judging by the comments on here very few supporters expect us to bounce straight back to Conf National and given that we don't have a track record of making unrealistic demands of our Chairman or Directors why all the caution?

The feeling around Moss Lane has been downbeat for too long, let's speculate to accumulate, let's take a risk, let's get the buzz back.   

I don't think many Alty fans are suffering under the illusion that we are going to bounce straight back up. Nor are we a group of supporterss who place pressure on the Chairman or Directors to deliver     

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »

On a more serious note.

Given our Chairman has stated that "we won't be demanding promotion" why is he limiting his search to "someone who has knowledge and experience of Conference North"

Won't that rule out some potentially good candidates?  I am thinking of ex league players who have/are taking their coaching badges and are keen to take the first step into management.

I would like to see a manager who will bring a buzz back to Moss Lane. Who is more likely to do that someone like Nicky Butt (I pluck that name out only because he was mentioned by someone in an earlier thread) or some guy who may have managed in Conf North but has the pulling power of well.........................Mr Twiss.

Some ex league player with a name may also attract some new younger fans as well. He would certainly have access to and knowledge of a different player base than a tried and trusted Conf North manager.

Judging by the comments on here very few supporters expect us to bounce straight back to Conf National and given that we don't have a track record of making unrealistic demands of our Chairman or Directors why all the caution?

The feeling around Moss Lane has been downbeat for too long, let's speculate to accumulate, let's take a risk, let's get the buzz back.   I don't think many Alty fans are suffering under the illusion that we are going to bounce straight back up. Nor are we a group of supporterss who place pressure on the Chairman or Directors to deliver     

The danger with getting a rookie manager is he learns at our expense, and when the mistakes occur and the buzz goes,....what happens then? yes you start all over again!! The board will pick the right guy, have faith ;D ;D

Toppers

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »

he can't bring morrison with him!!!

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »

On a more serious note.

The feeling around Moss Lane has been downbeat for too long, let's speculate to accumulate, let's take a risk, let's get the buzz back.   

i dont don't think many Alty fans are suffering under the illusion that we are going to bounce straight back up. Nor are we a group of supporterss who place pressure on the Chairman or Directors to deliver     

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN BASED ON THOUGHTS ABOVE I PRESEnT YOU WITH

TOMMY DOCHERTY

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »

TOMMY DOCHERTY

In the words of your larger than average meatloaf......"you took the words right out of my mouth"

Mind you he was more down and going than up and coming......big names indeed...oh hang on Brian Kilcline & Nigel Cleghorn......another memory from the darker recesses of the altrincham fc region of the brain
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »

Im sure there are plenty of excellent and not even of high profile managers that will apply,I just dont fancy "over by autum andy" &  "midtable morrison" getting the job
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Preece for the Alty job?