PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Preece for the Alty job?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Preece for the Alty job?  (Read 6896 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Preece for the Alty job?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »

If we made Twiss manager, we could get rid of the rest of his ridiculous contract, and sack him in September  :D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »

Paul cox is applying for the mansfield job I too don't fancy mid table preece

ALTYGAL

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »

No no no big fat no

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

On a more serious note.

Given our Chairman has stated that "we won't be demanding promotion" why is he limiting his search to "someone who has knowledge and experience of Conference North"

Won't that rule out some potentially good candidates?  I am thinking of ex league players who have/are taking their coaching badges and are keen to take the first step into management.

I would like to see a manager who will bring a buzz back to Moss Lane. Who is more likely to do that someone like Nicky Butt (I pluck that name out only because he was mentioned by someone in an earlier thread) or some guy who may have managed in Conf North but has the pulling power of well.........................Mr Twiss.

Some ex league player with a name may also attract some new younger fans as well. He would certainly have access to and knowledge of a different player base than a tried and trusted Conf North manager.

Judging by the comments on here very few supporters expect us to bounce straight back to Conf National and given that we don't have a track record of making unrealistic demands of our Chairman or Directors why all the caution?

The feeling around Moss Lane has been downbeat for too long, let's speculate to accumulate, let's take a risk, let's get the buzz back.   

i dont don't think many Alty fans are suffering under the illusion that we are going to bounce straight back up. Nor are we a group of supporterss who place pressure on the Chairman or Directors to deliver     

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN BASED ON THOUGHTS ABOVE I PRESEnT YOU WITH

TOMMY DOCHERTY

Ron Atkinson!!!

Well, he did start off in non league!

DJ

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 01:42:06 AM »

A bloke whos took a well backed worcester to 3 midtable finishes,vics to 1 midtable finish,and then a midtable finish in the evostick league isnt in my eyes an ideal candidate.He may have had bsn experience,but we need someone who can work,and hopefully achieve results without having money to spend and without using 40 players
+1 but I've got a feeling that you will go for Preece.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

I'd sooner appoint the 19 year old than Preece.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Preece for the Alty job?