PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?  (Read 21622 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »

I'm afraid that, although I totally respect the fact that  people's money is their own to do with as they wish, the thought that someone might not renew their season ticket because someone they don't like is the manager does disappoint me  a little

Phil,

I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you there.

If a certain character is appointed, then, on principle, I will not be renewing my season ticket.

After almost forty years of watching Alty, it would be hell to enter into self-inflicted exile but I would have no alternative, in my view.

Frankly, I would expect you to withdraw your services, too.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »

I agree it would put alot of people in a hard situation.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

I think I might have said what a lot of people have been thinking, but perhaps I should have kept my counsel until the manager has been appointed.
I like to think that I respect everyone's views on here (whilst, clearly, I disagree with some) but there's no point "starting fires in an empty house". Let's wait and see who's appointed next week.
Like I said before, I've got every faith in the Board.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Cornish Alty

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »

For me it has nothing to do with an incident with a ball boy. I mean didn't they find time in between pounding sheep to name a bloody suite after him at macc!?  No way should he even be anywhere near the short list let alone the home dugout

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »

(a) I don't think he will be interested in BSN; (b) his financial expectations are not likely to match our realities; (c) to me it would smack too much of going for a 'name', with the United association causing an inevitable reminder of the unmitigated disaster Docherty; but (d) he can't be all bad as I was told he had counselled against employing Mr. Twiss, suggesting Fraser MacLachlan (trialist last pre-season) as a more viable proposition for us!

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »

(a) I don't think he will be interested in BSN; (b) his financial expectations are not likely to match our realities; (c) to me it would smack too much of going for a 'name', with the United association causing an inevitable reminder of the unmitigated disaster Docherty; but (d) he can't be all bad as I was told he had counselled against employing Mr. Twiss, suggesting Fraser MacLachlan (trialist last pre-season) as a more viable proposition for us!
If he thought Fraser McLachlan was good enough then God help us all.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »

I wish he would have guided us towards Craig McLachlan to be honest..

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »

I wish he would have guided us towards Craig McLachlan to be honest..

dont be such a mona

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »

After a few wins and a cup run I cudn't give a toss if Dave Pace got the job, as for giving up your season ticket due to an appointment you dont agree with  ??? its about supporting your team through thin & thin in some cases my friend.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

Thought that would go down well ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »

After a few wins and a cup run I cudn't give a toss if Dave Pace got the job, as for giving up your season ticket due to an appointment you dont agree with  ??? its about supporting your team through thin & thin in some cases my friend.
Whether you mean "thick and thin" or "thin and even thinner", this would NOT constitute one of those cases. I've already renewed, but I'd think very hard about attending matches if GH were reappointed. Not, I hasten to add, that I think for one second that it's going to happen.

robins1978

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

After a few wins and a cup run I cudn't give a toss if Dave Pace got the job, as for giving up your season ticket due to an appointment you dont agree with  ??? its about supporting your team through thin & thin in some cases my friend.
Whether you mean "thick and thin" or "thin and even thinner", this would NOT constitute one of those cases. I've already renewed, but I'd think very hard about attending matches if GH were reappointed. Not, I hasten to add, that I think for one second that it's going to happen.
Dont hold your breath - anything is possible in football!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:43 PM »

I totally respect peoples views and yes, there are circumstances in which, should one person in particular be appointed, I would terminate in excess of thirty years working for the Club

HOWEVER

If I did that I would buy a season ticket and continue to support the club

Just a personal perspective, apologies for any offence

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 12:25:28 AM »

After a few wins and a cup run I cudn't give a toss if Dave Pace got the job, as for giving up your season ticket due to an appointment you dont agree with  ??? its about supporting your team through thin & thin in some cases my friend.

During almost forty years of supporting Alty, I've been privileged to enjoy many instances of 'thick' but also, alas, plenty of moments that can be categorised under the heading of 'thin'.

I've always believed that Altrincham FC is bigger than any one individual but, God forbid, if the Board appoint a particular individual next week, it will prove to me that my faith is misguided.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »

If Sammy Mc wants the job then we should give it him. All this tosh about an incident years ago is nonsense, our previous manager assaulted another clubs official and most fans still treated him as god. Sammy has a good track record and what's more may entice more sponsors with the obvious united connection. Why andy preece is being mentioned though is beyond me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?