PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The best goal you have ever seen
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The best goal you have ever seen  (Read 10741 times)

Jacko

« on: May 20, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »

on tv or at the ground and at any level of football, someone just bought this up in the office and i remember freemans goal and the way it made me feel for long after, also zidanes volley in the champions league final left me in awe?

i just thought i'd ask everyone this question so we can forget about managers and spelling and concentrate on something we all love, fussbal :-*
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:41:54 PM by flex »

fuertes

Re: The best goall you have ever seen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »

Michael Welch vs Crawley. That was awesome.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The best goall you have ever seen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »

Probably Michael Welch's. And it was against Crawley as well  ;D

Maybe one of the ones against Alsager? some right crackers by Baynes, Hewson and Wedgbury...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

thegazelle

Re: The best goal you have ever seen
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

Graham Heathcote against sheff utd is one that always sticks in my mind, it is def my favourite goal probably not the best

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCi1z6p2x8

its a sick strike even though the ball was basically placed for him like an NFL punter!! non of the ebbsfleet fans appluad or even move as there dumbstruck, its like......'did that just happen??'!!!

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »

wealands rolls the ball to harry who first time knocks it down the line the showler who dummies his marker without even touching the ball crosses first time diagonally to ken who heads back into the top corner.......the famous merthyr match.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »

Graham Heathcote against sheff utd is one that always sticks in my mind, it is def my favourite goal probably not the best

Yes that was a great goal struck with venom as he ran onto a pass from 25 yds into top right corner off post hit top left corner post went in and made it 3-0 against the 4th division leaders if I recall, such a great night and Ian Porterfield's praise after about being beaten by a team with "great heart" always sticks in my mind too. (Cote didnt score many like that). Good memories, we could do with a few more of them next season Eh  :D

Alex

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »

Live in person - Ronaldo's 30 yarder vs Utd in the Champions league quarter final in 2003 in fact his hat trick consisted of 3 beutiful goals.

On TV - Batistuta for Fiorentina Vs Utd or Zidane' volley

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »

In person, Fat Ronaldo's hat trick at Old Trafford many years ago, shortly before Beckham left. All very good goals, but the experience greater than the sum of its parts. Standing ovation from the whole of Old Trafford when he was subbed. Genius.

On the telly, I seem to remember Ronaldinho scoring a wonder overhead yeeeaaarrrs ago, that meant Barca won the league or something. Not only was it spectacular, but it was of vital importance. (I can only find the 4th in a 4-0 victory against Villareal on You Tube from about 5yrs ago...and am convinced this isnt it...although quite similar.)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »

I was at Hampden when Zidane scored and it didn't look all that great at the time.

Best for Alty? Probably Heathcote against Sheff Utd. At least I remember everyone being a bit shocked by it.

Other than that I spent most of 2 decades watching West Ham every week, so any  of about 50 by Paolo Di Canio.

and this for our older viewers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0z_arXZ8nM

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »

Martin Matthews' adroit header in extra time at Kettering Town on 7th May 2005 springs to mind....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »

In person, Fat Ronaldo's hat trick at Old Trafford many years ago, shortly before Beckham left. All very good goals, but the experience greater than the sum of its parts. Standing ovation from the whole of Old Trafford when he was subbed. Genius.

On the telly, I seem to remember Ronaldinho scoring a wonder overhead yeeeaaarrrs ago, that meant Barca won the league or something. Not only was it spectacular, but it was of vital importance. (I can only find the 4th in a 4-0 victory against Villareal on You Tube from about 5yrs ago...and am convinced this isnt it...although quite similar.)
wasnt that rivaldo? maybe differant goal but same importance

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »

Live in person - Ronaldo's 30 yarder vs Utd in the Champions league quarter final in 2003 in fact his hat trick consisted of 3 beutiful goals.

On TV - Batistuta for Fiorentina Vs Utd or Zidane' volley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJQmVsSscE
i wish i was old enough to go to games then :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:26:33 PM by flex »

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »

Stuart Hamill's last minute thunderbolt against (I think) Scarborough - he never scored for Alty again (or before)

John Timmons' acrobatic volley away at Nuneaton

Against Alty, John Vardy of Worksop on the opening day of the season at Moss Lane in 1978 - mazy run from the half way line before sticking it away from the edge of the box - he seemed to beat the entire Alty team :)  It was even announced over the ground PA "Scoring goal of the season..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team