PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The best goal you have ever seen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The best goal you have ever seen  (Read 10771 times)

Jacko

Re: The best goal you have ever seen
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »

and of course commonly known as the greatest goal of all time followed by well what can only be described as shamefull cheating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk

whatever maradona is he will always be remembered as a cheat for this but.......what a bloody great player! i would say the best

Jacko

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »

totally of topic.... if anyone knows anything about cricket does anyone remember this and if so what went on? was it cheating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65_spUU05s

finnquark

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »

Pelé failed at this, but Jesper didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4SxMBRH6U

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »

In person, Fat Ronaldo's hat trick at Old Trafford many years ago, shortly before Beckham left. All very good goals, but the experience greater than the sum of its parts. Standing ovation from the whole of Old Trafford when he was subbed. Genius.

On the telly, I seem to remember Ronaldinho scoring a wonder overhead yeeeaaarrrs ago, that meant Barca won the league or something. Not only was it spectacular, but it was of vital importance. (I can only find the 4th in a 4-0 victory against Villareal on You Tube from about 5yrs ago...and am convinced this isnt it...although quite similar.)
wasnt that rivaldo? maybe differant goal but same importance

Flex...very correct indeed. Cheers. Love that goal.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 03:38:03 PM »

Stuart Hamill's last minute thunderbolt against (I think) Scarborough - he never scored for Alty again (or before)

Ah yes, I recollect that one....

Tuesday, 9th September 1986
GMVC

Altrincham...1  Gateshead...1

Stuart Hamill makes his Alty debut as a substitute and scores a 90th minute equaliser via a thunderous long range shot at the Golf Road End.

He had such lovely blond highlights in his hair, too....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

62vintage

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »

Me versus Stamford Lads in 1973-74 played at Urban Road I think....
We were defending a corner and the ball fell to me in our 18 yard box and I set off for the goal, got to their box played a one two with Gordon Woods and slipped the ball past the goalie. Absolutly awesome.
If Carlsberg did goals, none would match mine!
There are plenty more to tell you about if you want, and no Reevesy would not have scored any of them.   

Jacko

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »

In person, Fat Ronaldo's hat trick at Old Trafford many years ago, shortly before Beckham left. All very good goals, but the experience greater than the sum of its parts. Standing ovation from the whole of Old Trafford when he was subbed. Genius.

On the telly, I seem to remember Ronaldinho scoring a wonder overhead yeeeaaarrrs ago, that meant Barca won the league or something. Not only was it spectacular, but it was of vital importance. (I can only find the 4th in a 4-0 victory against Villareal on You Tube from about 5yrs ago...and am convinced this isnt it...although quite similar.)
wasnt that rivaldo? maybe differant goal but same importance

Flex...very correct indeed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaYYsdd8P8Y this is a great goal by raul, redondo was some player too, they like old trafford dont they!

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »

Stuart Hamill's last minute thunderbolt against (I think) Scarborough - he never scored for Alty again (or before)

Ah yes, I recollect that one....

Tuesday, 9th September 1986
GMVC

Altrincham...1  Gateshead...1

Stuart Hamill makes his Alty debut as a substitute and scores a 90th minute equaliser via a thunderous long range shot at the Golf Road End.

He had such lovely blond highlights in his hair, too....

Yes Gateshead of course. Me memory's not what it was. I think he hit the bar and post many times in subsequent games but we just knew he'd never score for us again...

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

A Paul Clements thunderbolt in the fog against Gainsborough - same match Jeff Johnson and Tony Webber made goalscoring debuts? Late '76

Jeff Johnson's towering header against Atherstone in the FA Trophy same season.  I remember Noel White saying in the next match programme that if it had been on Match of The Day it'd have been repeated for years and years

Jacko

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »

Me versus Stamford Lads in 1973-74 played at Urban Road I think....
We were defending a corner and the ball fell to me in our 18 yard box and I set off for the goal, got to their box played a one two with Gordon Woods and slipped the ball past the goalie. Absolutly awesome.
If Carlsberg did goals, none would match mine!
There are plenty more to tell you about if you want, and no Reevesy would not have scored any of them.   
lol i scored a cracking cantona like chip against the stonemasons arms who were then second in alty sunday 1st division about 5 years ago, i also scored the winner header from a near post corner, tell us some more 62!!!

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzCtRa2SE wow muscat for alty manager :0

bumble

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

totally of topic.... if anyone knows anything about cricket does anyone remember this and if so what went on? was it cheating?

ahhh obviously wasnt alive during this - its the underarm bowling thingy - feb 1st 1981,Aus vs nz in the third  final of the B & H World Series

basically it was best of five - so inorder to prevent new zeland scoring a six to tie. the captain called Chappell, told the bowler  T. Chappell, to bowl the last ball underarm, along the ground, thus meaning a six would be impossible to hit
 whilst yes it is technically legal, but seen as being a gentlemans game its seens as wrong/cheating

Jacko

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »

ahhh obviously wasnt alive during this - its the underarm bowling thingy - feb 1st 1981,Aus vs nz in the third  final of the B & H World Series

basically it was best of five - so inorder to prevent new zeland scoring a six to tie. the captain called Chappell, told the bowler  T. Chappell, to bowl the last ball underarm, along the ground, thus meaning a six would be impossible to hit
 whilst yes it is technically legal, but seen as being a gentlemans game its seens as wrong/cheating

thats why they hate eachother!!!

thegazelle

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »

no 5they hated each other before that , they are a bit like Barrow and workington where they come fom there is no one else to hate so they have to hate each other. if we banned planes no one would go there or even bother about them and we could go back to sending all the bad people there.

Stuart hammill was he the winger who had a one off showleresque performance against macc in the FA cup 4th qualifier

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »

Clive Freeman v Chester.

Nothing else comes close.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The best goal you have ever seen