PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your first Alty away game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your first Alty away game  (Read 17332 times)

roytonmike

Re: Your first Alty away game
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31:45 AM »

My first was to Macc (March 1 1969) courtesy of good old Altrincham Coachways - we lost 2-1. Still remember going down to their little office opposite the Vine to book - and the fear of losing either the top (for outward travel) or the carbon (for return) copy!

Altyroo

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »

My first away trip was to Wembley for the trophey final win against Runcorn in 1986. Got hooked watching Alty and have been all over England watching them. Not been to many games recently since moving to Wales.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »

Does Old Trafford v Everton count, if not a win at home to Macc late 70's. The strangest being our first visit to Emley.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »

My 1st game away was in about November 1978 at Boston United.

We won 4-1 too in the last season of the NPL for us.

I think i remember the game was played in thick fog & nobody could see who had scored.

thegazelle

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »

indeed i was there it was about 2 days before my 18th and a copper walked in the pub we wre drinking in i thought just my luckk but he just said you may as well stay there lads coz they are not going to kick off on time . landlord bouight us all apint (batemnas xxxb of course) fantastic fish and chips from the chippy opposite . we won we didnt see most of thegame but the fog was good cover as their thugs couldnt find us either.
all in all a great day out

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

indeed i was there it was about 2 days before my 18th and a copper walked in the pub we wre drinking in i thought just my luckk but he just said you may as well stay there lads coz they are not going to kick off on time . landlord bouight us all apint (batemnas xxxb of course) fantastic fish and chips from the chippy opposite . we won we didnt see most of thegame but the fog was good cover as their thugs couldnt find us either.
all in all a great day out

That was the game we were all drinking bottled Boddies on the coach and I was desperate for a slash, told the driver somewhere around Mansfield that loads of us needed a toilet and he stopped by a public park and embarrasingly just me got off! I needed another 15 miles on but decided to breath deeply and not mention it.

That was also when they were rebuilding parts of the ground and there were piles of bricks everywhere. We had a bit of bother on the way in (and out I rememberl) and I recall taking a brick with me each time I made further and several visits to the gents. Not big or clever but their fans were always foul.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »

SWB?

SWR I know.  My parents still live up the road in Penn.

Sir William Borlase, Marlow (on-Thames x)
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

Not sure it really counts, but FA Trophy final when we lost to Enfield in the early 80's. I was like 12 or 13 yers old and my parents let me go on the Alty coach on my own, after a big fight as they were worried about whether I would be safe.

Years later, as a parent, there is no way I would let my kids go to Wembley to watch Alty in a Final without me :)

In domestic competition it wa Stafford in the early 90's but can't remember why I went. Kinda remember it being a big match though!

Bath Alty

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »

On that basis Enfield trophy is also my first game - on my sisters 7th birthday.  we lived in huddersfield at the time she didn't enjoy her day, especially when it went to extra time!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your first Alty away game