PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 24134 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »

I hope you enjoy your stay and i hope its a long and succesfull one :)
Come on you red and white........

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »

Good luck.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ant

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »

Good signing.  Hopefully as an ex defender who's played at a high level he'll be able to improve our defence and maybe get Robbie Williams playing well again.  Welcome Lee.

daisy

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »

Welcome to Alty, Lee and good luck for next season!  :)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »

Its going to be 4 - 1
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »

From a Port Vale fan:-

"Very good appointment for Altrincham. The reason he lost his job at Vale was more due to behind the scenes issues involving him constantly undermined by the board and his assistant (who was bitter he missed out on the job to him). He has a good eye for a player especially if his scout Steve Joebury comes on board as well, if he can find players like Collins and McCombe for Altrincham promotion will be a certainty. Hope he does well, had a decent break out of the game after leaving Bradford PA so should be ready to go."

Fantastic stuff  ;D

there was a lot of off field crud at vale then, and there still is.  Come on you red and white Lee Bar Stewards.

Altyant

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »

Good luck Lee and welcome on board. Really excited for the season to start now

bigmeads21

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »

Welcome to Alty! Roll on the new season!

The Yorkshire players will be flocking over, just offer them a whippet and a flat cap! That will save on the wages budget!

COME ON YOU REDS!

bighairedmike

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:13 AM »

What a way to end the interview. When asked about a message to the fans...

"They have a vital part to play. There would be no club, without their support. After the disappointment of relegation, I will be looking to put a smile back on their faces. I want them to enjoy their football. I want us to play football the right way but also in a winning way. I want to win. Not at all costs, because that can open a can of worms and put you in a situation you don't want to be in. But we are in a results-driven business. People are impatient, and I understand that. After being in the Premier last season, our supporters will be among the most impatient in the division. That is only to be expected. It creates pressure, of course, but if you want to be manager of Altrincham Football Club, you accept that comes with the territory. If you can't take the flak, don't stand on the touchline. In my own mind, this is a long-term project. It's not a case of me coming here and looking for something else 12 months down the line. That's not me. I want to build something that will last a long time."

That really has put a smile on my face!

taxi Phil

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:58 AM »

"They have a vital part to play. There would be no club, without their support. After the disappointment of relegation, I will be looking to put a smile back on their faces. I want them to enjoy their football. I want us to play football the right way but also in a winning way. I want to win. Not at all costs, because that can open a can of worms and put you in a situation you don't want to be in. But we are in a results-driven business. People are impatient, and I understand that. After being in the Premier last season, our supporters will be among the most impatient in the division. That is only to be expected. It creates pressure, of course, but if you want to be manager of Altrincham Football Club, you accept that comes with the territory. If you can't take the flak, don't stand on the touchline. In my own mind, this is a long-term project. It's not a case of me coming here and looking for something else 12 months down the line. That's not me. I want to build something that will last a long time."

Of course it's a two-way street. We fans have to give Lee our full support, and get right behind the team from the first kick of the pre-season friendlies. He wants to build something that will last, so we MUST have patience if it doesn't turn out to be the overnight miracle some seem to expect.

I'm like a kid again, can't wait to get started and see what the next few months have in store for us all.

daisy

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »

Its going to be 4 - 1
;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »

Of course it's a two-way street. We fans have to give Lee our full support, and get right behind the team from the first kick of the pre-season friendlies. He wants to build something that will last, so we MUST have patience if it doesn't turn out to be the overnight miracle some seem to expect.

I'm like a kid again, can't wait to get started and see what the next few months have in store for us all.

What a memory you must have  ;)  I have similiar feelings mate... :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »

What a memory you must have  ;)  I have similiar feelings mate... :D
The trouble with a kid is that it eventually grows into an old goat  ::)

ROKERITE

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »

I'm delighted to see Lee Sinnott back in the game. He did a superb job at Farsley Celtic and was treated abominably at Port Vale. I'm not sure what happened at Bradford, I think he just needed to take a break from football but it was unfortunate timing for The Avenue.
Anyway, he's back now with his batteries recharged and I look forward to following Altrincham's progress next season. Good to see him managing a team in red and white stripes.

joe

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »

Did you play for Watford in the fa cup final ? or has another brain cell deserted me.

Yes, he did 1980 - odd (4 or 5 I think?)
1984 v Everton. The last manager we had who'd played in an FA Cup Final AND managed a League Club was Tommy Docherty !

At only 18 years of age!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott