PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Smith and Williams  (Read 15814 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Smith and Williams
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »

Some interesting comments on the BBC site from Robbie.........also, the photo looks like it was taken at school !
I liked Robbie,...but when you leave a club, the first thing to say is polite goodbyes to the club/fans who gave you so much support,....not seen these comments yet?

Why the heck would he want to come on here after all the stuff some people have put on here about him lately?  ???

Having said that, I had to smile when, in the BBC report quoted on the main site, Robbie said that one of the reasons he'd been signed was to do with his BSBP experience that he would be able to pass on to his team-mates!  :o
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »

Some interesting comments on the BBC site from Robbie.........also, the photo looks like it was taken at school !
I liked Robbie,...but when you leave a club, the first thing to say is polite goodbyes to the club/fans who gave you so much support,....not seen these comments yet?

Why the heck would he want to come on here after all the stuff some people have put on here about him lately?  ???

Having said that, I had to smile when, in the BBC report quoted on the main site, Robbie said that one of the reasons he'd been signed was to do with his BSBP experience that he would be able to pass on to his team-mates!  :o

Concentrate on passing the fkn ball to a team mate Robbie and you will be ok at Telford.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

Think Walsh is a bigger lose to the club,i was surprised he was let go last season.
Harold

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »

Who's Walsh? ???
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

george

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

Presume he means WELCH.

boltonrobin

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2011, 01:05:22 PM »

From the main site the New Magagement Team & the Board clearly wanted Williams to say at the Club!

The fringe element of so called "Supporters" that have posted utter garbage and personal insults on this forum, may have just helped him make his mind up to leave!

Well done to you all...Not really what the Club wanted was it!

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves...I wouldn't come on here to say thank you for all your support over the last 2 seasons, having read some of the comments about him! I don't think some of you Forum posters deserve any sort of thank you from him...Other supporters and Club Officials he may have thanked in person possibly?

markecky

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »

From the main site the New Magagement Team & the Board clearly wanted Williams to say at the Club!

The fringe element of so called "Supporters" that have posted utter garbage and personal insults on this forum, may have just helped him make his mind up to leave!

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves...I wouldn't come on here to say thank you for all your support over the last 2 seasons, having read some of the comments about him! I don't think some of you Forum posters deserve any sort of thank you from him...Other supporters and Club Officials he may have thanked in person possibly?

Nice try but I don't think playing that card will work. 

He's gone to a bigger club in a higher league on more money.  He's not gone because a few people said his distribution is poor

Its a football forum and people can give opinion on what they think of a player.

Part of being a player (or related/friends with a player as I am sure you are) is taking that sadly.

I suggest you check out other forums and see levels of abuse some players get...its very mild on here and on the terraces as Alty.  Even Twiss survived being booed off...

Some people liked him..some didnt.  Can't we have opnions now?

brian1925

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »

Though I agree with BoltonRobin in principle, afterall we've all been guilty of slagging off individual players (I usually regret it afterwards!), there's no getting away from the fact that Robbie Williams was abject last season - I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. I attended about half of our games and in most of them, one or other (or both) the centre backs made an error which led to the opposition scoring - we all saw it, so why deny it? For everyones sake, it's good that Robbie has moved on - it clearly wasn't working for him. Also, I really believe that there is wanting a player to remian at a club and there is 'wanting' a player to remain at a club. Alty's' desire' to keep hold of Robbie/Marc may have been reflected in the degree of reduced terms the players were offered. Honestly believe that Lee Sinnott (an ex-defender) would not have started Robbie as first choice next season, but that's just my opinion and as Ecky says, this is a forum, so we are all entitled to have one.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »

considering the thousands of pounds people spent last year in times of osterity to watch us ship over 90 goals and whimper out of both cups and even blow it against an already relegated side on the last day,the team have got away very lightly in terms of heckling.They were supported until the very last kick of the last game.They werent playing as a favour,people have a right to voice opinions.That was our worst season in living memory,yet theyve recieved little reproach on here compare to some clubs fans. 

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

sorry ment welch
Harold

boltonrobin

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »

Nice try but I don't think playing that card will work. 

He's gone to a bigger club in a higher league on more money.  He's not gone because a few people said his distribution is poor

Its a football forum and people can give opinion on what they think of a player.

Part of being a player (or related/friends with a player as I am sure you are) is taking that sadly.

I suggest you check out other forums and see levels of abuse some players get...its very mild on here and on the terraces as Alty.  Even Twiss survived being booed off...

Some people liked him..some didnt.  Can't we have opnions now?

Way off the mark there fella, but I did Sponsor the Club in a number of areas over the last couple of seasons, missed only a max of 6 home games and attended between 15 & 20 away games (and have the programmes to prove it!), so I am also entitled to an opinion, just like your good self!

Lets not forget all the squad members contributed to our relegation...not just the few you all hate!

See you all in July and hopefully a better season for everyone all round ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »

Robbie Williams distribution is poor - Fact

He didnt have a great season - Fact

We shipped around 87 lge goals - Fact

Robbie needs someone alongside him to guide him through a match and give him plenty of encouragement

I am not saying the bloke wasnt a nice guy or not (I didnt know him that well)

What I wont do is give false praise on here to someone who doesnt deserve it - Fact

I dont care one way or another whether a player who leaves thanks us or not

By the way. I missed one home game all season and went to about 11 away fixtures.

I think that entitles me to express an honest opinion on here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:17:24 PM by distancetraveller »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »

Personally, I don't mind anyone saying he's a poor player, with the season he just had. Just thought the criticism was overly harsh from some people.

It's been said about 7 times today on here but "it's a forum people can express opinions"
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »

what gets to me,is these players were not good enough to keep us up,but now they think they should play at a higher level.Dont they know it was their poor play that got us relegated in the first place.
Harold

fuertes

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »

what gets to me,is these players were not good enough to keep us up,but now they think they should play at a higher level.Dont they know it was their poor play that got us relegated in the first place.

But like anything, some are more culpable than othes.

Scott Parker went down with West Ham, but you'd hardly say he was at fault. Nor would you begrudge him a move to a top flight club - he worked his bollocks off and played well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams