PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Mark Maddox  (Read 268890 times)

VofD

Re: Mark Maddox
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »

Correct Cult. A magnificent servant of the club and a true, true gentleman.

Bazbatteria

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »

Terribly sad news, my thoughts go out to Mark and family.

Rod Thornley

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »

This bloke is not only a legend to all the fans but a legend to all the players in the dressing room who played along side him. He was always a great crack in the dressing room and a massive influence to everything on and off the pitch as far as players were concerned. This game needs to be attended and not taken as a normal pre season friendly. As a club it would mean so much to him and his family just to show support, forget the money side of it. Mads is a great lad, and to me a great friend, one of those you stay in touch with all your life. I am gutted for him and gutted I am working on UTD's USA tour so cant be there, but I will be sending my family down to support him. Please, please, please tell friends and relatives to come to this game as he was a massive part of this club during really difficult years.   WE LOVE YOU MAD DOG.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »

This bloke is not only a legend to all the fans but a legend to all the players in the dressing room who played along side him. He was always a great crack in the dressing room and a massive influence to everything on and off the pitch as far as players were concerned. This game needs to be attended and not taken as a normal pre season friendly. As a club it would mean so much to him and his family just to show support, forget the money side of it. Mads is a great lad, and to me a great friend, one of those you stay in touch with all your life. I am gutted for him and gutted I am working on UTD's USA tour so cant be there, but I will be sending my family down to support him. Please, please, please tell friends and relatives to come to this game as he was a massive part of this club during really difficult years.   WE LOVE YOU MAD DOG.

Rod,

We know what we as fans think of Mad Dog and the posts on here show that quite clearly I think.

To know now in what esteem the players hold him as well shows what a true Alty Legend he really is - Thank you from a fan for sharing this!

York Alty

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »

Having read what Rod Thornley posted I have a tear in my eye.  Thanks Rod.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »

Nice words Rod, you know we will all do our bit for 'Mad Dog'

Rod,

We know what we as fans think of Mad Dog and the posts on here show that quite clearly I think.

To know now in what esteem the players hold him as well shows what a true Alty Legend he really is - Thank you from a fan for sharing this!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 12:24:43 AM »

For those of us who can't make the game what is the best way to contribute?

It also says so much about Rod and Mark the words that Rod has kindly added to this tragic thread.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

I sent Mad Dog a text and he replied with what I can only say brought a tear to my eye (both of them in fact) and summed up the bloke to me. So selfless and always thinking about others.

I have booked the room at Guest House Warrington and will be back to see Mark and watch the Alty.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »

As brave as a lion,both on and off the pitch.

bumble

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »

Has anything been decided by the club as to what the fundraiser will be ?  :) im just a curious person

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 11:53:56 PM »

I'm 'bumping' this topic as I think it should stay on Page one of the forum to recognise the legend that is Mark 'Mad Dog' Maddox

Apologies if this causes anyone an issue

markecky

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »

Have made a sticky topic so it will do just that..

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 12:02:28 AM »

Cheers Ecky

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »

Just thought I'd post a couple of my memories of Mark when he was a player here:

That goal at Leigh in the FA Trophy and the photo of him running to all the Alty fans - it's one of my favourite ever moments as an Alty fan.

His overhead kick consolation goal at Bishop Auckland in the Trophy. A terrible game but a superb moment all the same.

The equaliser against Darlington in the FA Cup in 2001. What a header that was!!

Also, when Mark briefly joined Barrow in 1998 I remember him walking towards the tunnel at Holker Street at half time (I think it was the Peter Swailes Shield game) and the Alty supporters all clapped when he walked past. He thanked everyone for the good natured applause and you could see that it meant a lot to him that we'd not booed/heckled him.

Just a few brief moments in the career of a great man.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox