PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Mark Maddox  (Read 268862 times)

York Alty

Re: Mark Maddox
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »

thanks also to Lewis Chalmers for his comments.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

Sincerely wish I could be there, but alas not possible. Have tears in my eyes just reading these comments again.

There are some footballers, indeed people in general, who's commitment is so total that they are truly inspirational, Mark is such a man. I hope, and am sure it will, turn out to be great, if emotional, day for a great servant to the club.

Keep on keepin' on
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Holkerbird

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »

As a Barrow fan I would like to contribute to the fund for Mark Maddox. We are travelling for the friendly tomorrow and I hope there's a collection box or something where I can pay this.
On another sad note Simon Wiles who suffered the horrific injury when we played you last season has sadly had to retire from the game. He battled all season to regain his fitness but a previous  injury to the other knee has forced his retirement.
However thanks to these two players who gave us many happy memories of their games.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

As a Barrow fan I would like to contribute to the fund for Mark Maddox. We are travelling for the friendly tomorrow and I hope there's a collection box or something where I can pay this.
On another sad note Simon Wiles who suffered the horrific injury when we played you last season has sadly had to retire from the game. He battled all season to regain his fitness but a previous  injury to the other knee has forced his retirement.
However thanks to these two players who gave us many happy memories of their games.

Very sorry to hear that.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

altyazz

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »

Such a shame what a alty legend

Hamilton

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »

From Twitter:
Hugo Langton ‏@baldy1974
I did my A licence with mad dog.. A true legend and gentleman RT @lastofadying1: @baldy1974 hugo (cont) http://tl.gd/i2jemh
Retweeted by Lastofadyingbreed

bumble

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »

@Lastofadyingbreed me and a proper legend jacks one of the best ‪#Altyfc‬ ‪#monthforoptimisim‬ ‪#mnd‬ ‪#als‬ plz RT # altytillidie

Hamilton

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2012, 12:30:23 AM »

on Twitter - Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket
Lovely but moving evening at the Broad Appeal. Motor Neurone Disrase is especially cruel. Anything we can do to defeat it.....
Expand

I replied highlighting the plight of our inspirational friend.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »

There is a picture on Twitter of Mark and another member of his band at the top of Snowdon, accompanied by this comment

#Jellylegs #mndwontbeatme http://img.ly/l17r

Words fail me!!, what an unbelievable fighter and long may he continue to be so as well

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »

There is a picture on Twitter of Mark and another member of his band at the top of Snowdon, accompanied by this comment

Words fail me!!, what an unbelievable fighter and long may he continue to be so as well

Every superlative in the dictionary, we'd be about 1% of the way there. What a man.

York Alty

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »

Every superlative in the dictionary, we'd be about 1% of the way there. What a man.

Been up there a few times - whatever path you choose to walk it's a long challenge.  Congrats Mark.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »

Reading my twitterfeed it now appears that he's doing a 26 mile bike ride (cue references to arse like a baboon or arse like a Japanese flag, so it must be Mark)

Also talking about a marathon

AND

He's offering encouragement and support the the family of other MND sufferers.

Serious question here - Does anyone know how one nominates someone for the Honours? I know that sadly the nomination would most likely be unsuccessful but I do think that this remarkable human being deserves some form of recognition

Thanks

Hamilton

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »

Reading my twitterfeed it now appears that he's doing a 26 mile bike ride (cue references to arse like a baboon or arse like a Japanese flag, so it must be Mark)

AND

Serious question here - Does anyone know how one nominates someone for the Honours? I know that sadly the nomination would most likely be unsuccessful but I do think that this remarkable human being deserves some form of recognition

Thanks

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/honoursawardsandmedals/DG_067917

You could get a list of people as long as the M6 to support this

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2012, 12:10:38 AM »

Cheers H!

bumble

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:46 AM »

AND

Thanks

That's a great idea ATS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox