PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Mark Maddox  (Read 268870 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Maddox
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

Indeed so

Happy Birthday Mads

Jimmy

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »

Happy birthday mads different class

markecky

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »

Happy Birthday mate

You can get his blog at http://www.markmaddox.co.uk now by the way which is easier to remember.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2013, 09:03:57 PM »

Happy Birthday Mads  :D

York Alty

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »

jesus wept - I didn't realise he tried to keep it quiet.  Having been with Mrs York Alty at her diagnosis, and her terminal diagnosis there is NO way at all I could have ever attempted that. That is a mental burden too great for me.  Remarkable.

Happy Birthday...

Hamilton

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

jesus wept - I didn't realise he tried to keep it quiet.  Having been with Mrs York Alty at her diagnosis, and her terminal diagnosis there is NO way at all I could have ever attempted that. That is a mental burden too great for me.  Remarkable.

Happy Birthday...

I am sorry about Mrs York Alty. I don't know how I could cope with such a thing.

Mads' blog is just an extraordinary read. There are times when many of us might be feeling sorry for ourselves over far lesser things (I know I do), but Mads puts so much into perspective.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »

I frequently say that he is the most inspiring bloke I've ever met and the bravest but he is also most selfless.

I find it a "challenge" to train for most anything, this upcoming run being more challenging than most things and I don't have a muscle wasting disease.

For him to have run, cycled and also to be training for a Marathon defies description. Add to that the blog and the strength of character to try to protect family and friends and words really do fail me.

Some time ago I suggested we nominate him for an honour. Despite the official line one member of the public's recommendation aint gonna do enough.

What say we have a concerted campaign? Ask our MP to support it, ask our Council and Councillors to support it, ask our District and County FAs to support it?

Anyone up for it??

Hamilton

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:08 PM »

The normal process is any person can send off for the application and, if memory serves, you can name people to support the recommendation.

I wonder if Ian Watmore might be the ideal person to start the ball rolling on this, but there are any number of people associated with Alty alone who would support this - then there's Leight Genesis, MND and I am sure many other people or groups who'd support this.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »

The normal process is any person can send off for the application and, if memory serves, you can name people to support the recommendation.

I wonder if Ian Watmore might be the ideal person to start the ball rolling on this, but there are any number of people associated with Alty alone who would support this - then there's Leight Genesis, MND and I am sure many other people or groups who'd support this.

Indeed, a good idea. Don't think Leigh Genesis exist anymore though.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »

I just thought the more people that got involved and supported the process the better

And, if we can get some support from high profile folk / "the establishment" then even better?

York Alty

« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »

Happy Birthday...

I am sorry about Mrs York Alty. I don't know how I could cope with such a thing.

Mads' blog is just an extraordinary read. There are times when many of us might be feeling sorry for ourselves over far lesser things (I know I do), but Mads puts so much into perspective.

We got to a point where we simply agreed that sh*t happens. It's not a fair planet, and we in the UK are in the feckin' lucky section...

Hamilton

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2013, 11:53:38 PM »

Happy Birthday...

We got to a point where we simply agreed that sh*t happens. It's not a fair planet, and we in the UK are in the feckin' lucky section...

I'd hate to be in the unlucky section!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2013, 12:07:13 AM »

I know what you're saying but, despite the efforts of some we do still have an NHS which is the envy of most of the world.

Most people. at least at this point in time, have a roof over their head and some food in their belly, clean water (albeit obscenely costly) and protection, in the main, from crime.

Throw into the pot an albeit reducing lack of Government corruption and, although it aint what it should be, it's better than some places on the Planet...at least for now

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

Indeed, a good idea. Don't think Leigh Genesis exist anymore though.

I think that they may have changed their name to Leigh Exodus ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »

"Whats a Semi Quaver" and I would answer  "Half a crisp"

Read more on Mads latest blog! http://mads04.wordpress.com/author/mads04/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox