PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Author Topic: Mark Maddox  (Read 268895 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Maddox
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »

Some of you may have seen, but I have today entered to run the Great Manchester Run on Sunday 18th May. I have wanted to do it, and a few of my friends are also doing it this year. So I have decided as a thank you to Mark for being an inspiration to so many at Altrincham to raise money for MNDA. My JustGiving link is below. I'm pretty fortunate that I don't have to sell this charity on here  :)

I did my first 10k tonight and did it in 1hr 8mins. My initial aim is 1hr, and hoping I can go past that.

http://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Nash3
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

bumble

« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »

From Facebook

"Beating Blue Monday by booking your holidays? Look out for our Football v MND awareness posters, currently on display at London Luton Airport.

Help us spread the word about Mark Maddox’s campaign by tweeting a photo of yourself by our posters to @mndassoc or post a picture on our Facebook wall.

Thank you to Steve and Joanne Druett and the team at Luton Airport for making it happen."

Hamilton

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:50 PM »

From Facebook

"Beating Blue Monday by booking your holidays? Look out for our Football v MND awareness posters, currently on display at London Luton Airport.

Help us spread the word about Mark Maddox’s campaign by tweeting a photo of yourself by our posters to @mndassoc or post a picture on our Facebook wall.

Thank you to Steve and Joanne Druett and the team at Luton Airport for making it happen."

That's fantastic publicity.

Hamilton

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2014, 10:50:43 PM »

http://mads04.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/last-of-a-dying-breed/

I was brought up by the best mum and dad in the world, they brought me, my brothers and sister up to have basic morals in life. Show respect for your elders, always use your manners, be nice to people, smile and don’t swear!! Ok so that last one doesn’t always f**kin work for me but you get my drift!!!

roytonmike

« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »

Just seen and heard Mark on the BBC North West lunchtime news bulletin. The story will also be carried on the main programme this evening. The word 'hero' is much over-used but Mark is a hero in the truest sense of that word.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

Some of you may have seen, but I have today entered to run the Great Manchester Run on Sunday 18th May. I have wanted to do it, and a few of my friends are also doing it this year. So I have decided as a thank you to Mark for being an inspiration to so many at Altrincham to raise money for MNDA. My JustGiving link is below. I'm pretty fortunate that I don't have to sell this charity on here  :)

I did my first 10k tonight and did it in 1hr 8mins. My initial aim is 1hr, and hoping I can go past that.

Did my first 10k since,and now down to 1 hour 1 second!! Legs are feeling it at the moment,but will be worth it. Please sponsor if you can. Thanks.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »

Did my first 10k since,and now down to 1 hour 1 second!! Legs are feeling it at the moment,but will be worth it. Please sponsor if you can. Thanks.

Well done mate, just sponsored you, keep at it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »

Well done mate, just sponsored you, keep at it.

Likewise.  Great stuff Nasha

markecky

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »

Track his progress in today's London Marathon:

http://results-2014.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/2014/?content=detail&fpid=search&pid=search&idp=9999990F5ECC830000140634&lang=EN_CAP&event=MAS

This suggests MadDog didn't finish? Even taking part is a fantastic achievement, do we know if he did finish?

markecky

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 11:23:14 PM »

Track his progress in today's London Marathon:

http://results-2014.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/2014/?content=detail&fpid=search&pid=search&idp=9999990F5ECC830000140634&lang=EN_CAP&event=MAS

This suggests MadDog didn't finish? Even taking part is a fantastic achievement, do we know if he did finish?

He did 16 miles and then was beaten by the heat apparently.  I couldn't do 16 minutes.  Tremendous effort.  Well done Mads.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2014, 11:23:55 PM »

Sadly due to a combination of heat and his condition Mark had to withdraw after sixteen miles.

TYpically of Mark, on his TWITTER feed he apologised for this as though he'd let someone down, although, IMHO he has absolutely nothing to apologise for (which I have mentioned to him)

Just starting was an achievement and one I would never even consider.

Still a hero and a legend so far as I'm concerned

Hamilton

« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »

Fantastic effort Mark. For someone who should not be able to start a race like this to get this far is an exceptional achievement.

BTW, the brother of one of my friends has recently been diagnosed with MND. My friend read one of Mark's blogs and this raised her spirits greatly. Mark is truly inspirational and I really hope and believe my friend's brother will take comfort and inspiration from Mark's writings.

York Alty

« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »

Top marks.  You'd not get me to the start line, never mind 16 miles in.

Saw a bit of Match of the Day earlier on, liked the flags the Liverpool fans had of Bob Paisley etc.  We need one of Mark.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox