PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fixtures Delayed
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fixtures Delayed  (Read 3902 times)

ArmchairAlty

Fixtures Delayed
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »

Until weds 6th 10am earliest from @AlanBlueSquare

ArmchairAlty

Re: Fixtures Delayed
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

"@AlanBlueSquare: Football Conference confirm Blue Square Bet Premier, North and South fixture release delayed until 10am on Weds 6th July at earliest. #bsbp"

bumble

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »

heard rumours over the past few days, but thought it was just that

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

I fully understand why the fixtures have been delayed - but if Rushden's appeal is allowed it will make a complete mockery of the Conference management, quite apart from causing a complete rework of the leagues and fixtures. Please God it doesn't happen.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »

I fully understand why the fixtures have been delayed - but if Rushden's appeal is allowed it will make a complete mockery of the Conference management, quite apart from causing a complete rework of the leagues and fixtures. Please God it doesn't happen.

i think if it were to happen, thurrock and southport and BS will have been affected - BS would have had players turn them down due to travel ect.. thuroock being in a lower league will have less income but a BSS wage structure, and Southport recieving BSN income, spending like a BSP club - unless the conference intends to compensate them....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »

Southport recieving BSN income, spending like a BSP club - unless the conference intends to compensate them....

Why would or should the Conf compensate Southport.......the Conf have done the right thing and reprieved Southport, although it is, and always has been, subject to the FA having their say over any Rushden appeal.

Southport can choose to wait until the appeal is over before buidling next seasons squad, or they can gamble that the appeal will fail.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »

Southport recieving BSN income, spending like a BSP club - unless the conference intends to compensate them....
Why would or should the Conf compensate Southport.......the Conf have done the right thing and reprieved Southport, although it is, and always has been, subject to the FA having their say over any Rushden appeal. Southport can choose to wait until the appeal is over before buidling next seasons squad, or they can gamble that the appeal will fail.

Can't remember the last time he did it, admittedly, but I think FD is being ironic?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »

Why would or should the Conf compensate Southport.......the Conf have done the right thing and reprieved Southport, although it is, and always has been, subject to the FA having their say over any Rushden appeal.

Southport can choose to wait until the appeal is over before buidling next seasons squad, or they can gamble that the appeal will fail.

Did you think before you wrote that? Let's wait till early July to set a budget when everyone else is getting sorted!

Remember our reprieves, especially upwards not downwards!! Financial chaos and possibly partly the reason we ended up lower down following on.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 09:00:14 PM »

Why would or should the Conf compensate Southport.......the Conf have done the right thing and reprieved Southport, although it is, and always has been, subject to the FA having their say over any Rushden appeal. Southport can choose to wait until the appeal is over before buidling next seasons squad, or they can gamble that the appeal will fail.

Can't remember the last time he did it, admittedly, but I think FD is being ironic?

:D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »

Merely pointing out that the reprieved club must decide what to do....tough call I know.......but in no circumstances should there be any compensation due if the FA appeal is upheld ?

If Southport a relegated back to the BSN, would it be ok for them to walk the league with BSP standard players that essentialy have been paid for by the Conference's compensation ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »

I would have thought that if Rushden win their appeal they will be added as an extra team to either the BSP or BSN. I would have thought it would be too late now to rearrange the teams into other leagues that were agreed on at the AGM. Southport would have a squad of disgruntled players who signed for them thinking they were playing BSP football and it would create havoc with their budget.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »

Rushdens appeal will surely get thrown out anyway.

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 10:38:52 PM »

Rushdens appeal will surely get thrown out anyway.

it will.

If it isn't I will do a sponsored hat eat.  I will eat a Northwich Vics bobble hat between kick off and full time for club funds.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fixtures Delayed