https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: twiss  (Read 20795 times)

Red Black Red Black

twiss
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »

You fat waste of f**king space, you have clearly lost no weight, do us all a favour and f**k off

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: twiss
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Our highest paid player i am guessing
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »

was he really that bad ?

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »

I thought reports suggested he was playing well? Or did I miss the sarcasm?

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

that is bang out of order.  he was poor last season, massive dissapointment but that sort of abuse is not on.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »

Wait till we hear a more measured summation from someone who was there today
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Red Black Red Black

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »

Unfortunately I was there today, twiss do the honourable thing and go, go now.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

Worked hard in the first half. Nearly scored and chased everything down.

Certainly no worse than anyone else and did five times more that reeves

Odd but predictable post

He is here for the season. Get used to it

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »

Difference of opinion there, but Ecky's does seem a far more measured response from someone who would definitely not describe himself as an apologist for Twiss. I think it's very difficult to appraise a player with fresh eyes when you hold a pre-existing and firmly engrained  negative impression. He would have to do more than anyone else to get any recognition.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

I honestly watched him in the first half and thought "he looks okay. Maybe he is trying to show what he can do. for the new management." he certainly didn't show up as particularly bad or lazy.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »

The fact that he's in the same physical condition as he was when he joined us last year proves his attitude.

Okay, so he ran around a bit and had one shot off target. Is that not the absolute minimum required off a forward?

I'm not as good a footballer as he is but if I was playing today I'm sure I would have run around and missed the target once.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »

The fact that he's in the same physical condition as he was when he joined us last year proves his attitude.

Okay, so he ran around a bit and had one shot off target. Is that not the absolute minimum required off a forward?

I'm not as good a footballer as he is but if I was playing today I'm sure I would have run around and missed the target once.

Fair comment. I just didn't feel his performance warranted such vitriol. It was as if he sat on a deckchair holding a piņa coloda in one hand and his wages in the other wearing a "I'm here till May 2012" cap.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

If Twiss is still out of shape I feel certain this will be addressed by the manager. He's made it clear that there's no room for passengers and we've got to trust that he won't make any exceptions to this rule. It being pre-season he's got to look at all the players available to him and that includes Twiss. Come 13th August our best XI will be taking to the field, whether that includes Twiss or not.

Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »

If Twiss is still out of shape I feel certain this will be addressed by the manager. He's made it clear that there's no room for passengers and we've got to trust that he won't make any exceptions to this rule. It being pre-season he's got to look at all the players available to him and that includes Twiss. Come 13th August our best XI will be taking to the field, whether that includes Twiss or not.

Awkward situation for Sinnott though, isn't it? What can he do? He only sees the man twice a week. If he goes for the "f**king sort yourself out Michael, or you won't be in the team" approach, I doubt Twiss will care. He's had his FL career. He didn't seem that excited by the prospect of playing for us in the Conference. I can't see how the Conference North will do the trick.

Can we really imagine the armround the shoulder approach working either? "Now Michael, we know you have phenomenal natural talent. I really want you to be a big part of this team. If you can get your fitness sorted out we'll achieve great things together". You'd like to think so, but I'm far from confident.

Obviously I didn't see the game today and I have never met either Twiss or Sinnott, so it's all specualtion. However, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see anything other than Twiss as a perpetual substitute, about 15 lbs overweight, maybe notching 7 goals in all competitions this season before being released immediately.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see anything other than Twiss as a perpetual substitute, about 15 lbs overweight, maybe notching 7 goals in all competitions this season before being released immediately.

I'm inclined to agree mate, but if we're able to sign another striker who starts every week and bags 20+ goals then I'll be delighted.

I don't know what approach LS will take but that's what he's paid for and I trust that he'll do everything in his power to try and get the best out of him. I don't expect miracles but Lee can only do his best.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss