twiss
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: twiss  (Read 20908 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: twiss
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »

This position is still Lee's remaining headache, because I STILL can't see a hatful of goals from our present squad.

This is an interesting point. I'm sure Lee has irons in the fire and have every confidence in him.

However, look at the forwards we had at our disposal last time we got promoted:

Colin Little
Rod Thornley
Marcus Hallows

What I'd give to have those three up front for us now!
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »

Nick Chadwick was not at the game as I believe his wife is due to give birth any minute and he was granted leave.

Out of order, a player should never be given time off due the birth of their child. What was Mr Sinnot thinking - Sinnot OUT.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »

The fact that he hasn't lost any weight proves his attitude.

Defend him all you like, the guys takin the piss out of all of you.

If he plays well he can take the piss out of me all he likes, its the quality of the performance that matters and if he can pull it off whilst hugely overweight (which the reports seem to indicate he can) why should we care?

Point missed totally but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »

Nick Chadwick was not at the game as I believe his wife is due to give birth any minute and he was granted leave.

Out of order, a player should never be given time off due the birth of their child. What was Mr Sinnot thinking - Sinnot OUT.
Managers going on holiday, players getting paternity leave -  whatever next. It's PC gone mad.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »

If you listen to clubcall it sounds to me if the manager is keen to engage nick chadwick.Or that how it sounds to me.With a couple carrying knocks aswell,tomorrow would be ideal to see more of the trialists,so heres hoping its on

York Alty

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 10:58:31 PM »

This position is still Lee's remaining headache, because I STILL can't see a hatful of goals from our present squad.

This is an interesting point. I'm sure Lee has irons in the fire and have every confidence in him.

Colin Little
Rod Thornley
Marcus Hallows

bloody hell, that's a fantastic trio there.  won't forget the game Marcus broke his leg.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

Colin Little
Rod Thornley
Marcus Hallows

bloody hell, that's a fantastic trio there.  won't forget the game Marcus broke his leg.

I'm sure that I saw Marcus Hallows in the Noel White Suite after last Saturday's game against Manchester City.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Red Black Red Black

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »

I can confirm Elvis was in the building

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 04:34:37 PM »

I believe Marcus had been to make a contribution to Mad Dog's Testimonial as he is unable to attend this Saturday.

Gary Talbot attended the Burnley fixture in identical circumstances and for the same reason

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »

For me Nicky Clee is worth the admission money alone...he was taking on the City players almost for a laugh yesterday. 

He'll roast some portly fella from Soilhull Moors who is filling in at left back.

Or even right back seems as though Nicky plays on the left...

We've been through this before. Our left back runs at their right back because they are facing each other and as such they are opposites.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »

Today I feel showed some more evidence of Twiss's improvement, and the change that is starting to take place since Lee Sinnott's arrival.

I thought Twiss had a good game today, not giving the ball away, and with some good touches combined with one lovely shot which the keeper saved well.

If this improvement continues which I think it will, he is going to become a big assett to this club finally.

I hope I am right, though I know he still has his doubters, keep up the good work, Michael.

Jezza

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »

Once again today Michael Twiss looked a player prepared to fight for the cause.....in one instant chasing back from the half way line to tackle a player near his own corner flag.

While he puts in that commitment I refuse to criticise...his current attitude will inspire those around him and if one goal goes in off his backside he may go on a free scoring run.....

I'd actually put him in midfield myself as a physical presence supporting a front two of reeves and.....???

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »

He's playing a Johnson style hold up the ball game, most long balls were played up to him, who else can play that role?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

I also thought Twiss played well yesterday. He linked the play up well and forced some good saves from their keeper. Certainly a big improvement on last season.   
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »

He's playing a Johnson style hold up the ball game, most long balls were played up to him, who else can play that role?
Reeves can do that and score goals, it was noted that twiss put in a shift yesterday though, looks like he's working hard so now people think he's a changed player, we will see
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss