News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 are our players to honest ?

Author Topic: are our players to honest ?  (Read 2694 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »

I hate players going down at football trying to win freekicks and penalties (I am a defender) but do you think our players are too honest ?

I have lost count on the amount of times this season I have said "He should have gone down" when an Alty player stays on his feet. Every clubs seems to do it to us so I say any contact (and I mean contact not diving for the sake of it) should be used as an excuse to go down.

I am also bemused at the amount of times attackers seem to get away with elbowing our defenders when they are attacking.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me being odd (as usual)

Leighton_Alty

Re: are our players to honest ?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »

no gaz i av noticed it the only time the attackers have been penalised for elbowing our defenders was against FGR

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »

well yes you are odd gaz but know not on this occasion all too often we fail to go down when we should, i actually think the best player we have at this is pat and sometimes he just doesn't do it enough take morcambe

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »

Yes our players are too honest.

But I believe every player should be honest.

Should we sink to the levels of others teams? Perhaps we should although the reason I stopped watching Premiership football was due to diving, cheating etc.

I am will therefore say yes we are too honest but dont cheat like we see some players/teams (cough* Donaldson cough*)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:50:18 PM »

I would say yes we are too honest and this is a view I seem to be espousing at most home matches generally in the direction of either Dave Mitten or the fourth Official.

Maybe as well as being too honest our players could be accused of being a bit naive and of not being as 'professional' as some of the teams who visit Moss Lane.

For a player to go down when they have been caught, clipped, nudged, whatever you want to call it is not cheating. The person doing the catching, clipping, nudging etc. is the person transgressing the Laws of Association Football. The player going down, albeit sometimes a bit dramatically, is doing what they're paid for ie attempting to maximise the benefit to their team.Occasionally this necessitates a bit of exaggeration of the contact.

A player who throws him or herself to the ground when there has been no contact or who holds their face feigning injury due to alleged violent conduct is cheating and the Laws of Association Football allow for that player to be sanctioned with a caution.

I know I've been watching Alty longer than some but I can remember us getting many an advantage on the back of Jeff Johnson's ability to, having been tripped, nudged etc. somewhere near the half way line miraculously land in or on the edge of the penalty area as a consequence of a) his 'professionalism' and b) his unbelievable capability for unpowered flight.

lukealty12

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »

yes they are to ohnest and it seems as because we are so ohnest we dont get any decisions in games
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team