Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nervous? Confident? Pessimistic? or just Happy?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nervous? Confident? Pessimistic? or just Happy?  (Read 4973 times)

Jenga

« on: August 07, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »

What are your thoughts on the season ahead, personally I feel so nervous, I want a good campaign and just hope it doesnt go flat on us.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nervous? Confident? Pessimistic? or just Happy?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »

I think we look really solid,and are playing nice football,my worry is our lack of attacking options,and as the manager said last night he is focusing all his attention on this,but 20 goal a season strikers dont come cheap and arent in plentiful supply,seems to me as if we may take a striker on loan from somewhere

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »

Optimistic, confident with a healthy portion of respect for the rest of the teams in the BSN - What I have seen since the arrival of Lee & Neil makes me think we should fear nobody but do not take things for granted..

B E L I E V E

Looking at the fixtures and as long as I can afford it I should be able to make most away games this term

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »

Optimistic rather than confident. I think we're a striker away from a really decent starting XI, but I'm really concerned about the lack of cover in the squad (particularly in goal, and up front).

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:24:14 PM »

Excited. I should get to some games 2nd half of the season.

Regardless of what happens at Harrogate I think we will do well this season. Top 5 would be a good achievement for me.

I think players might be a bit nervous going into first couple of games, so we shouldn't be too harsh.

AltyIan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »

Pretty satisfied with the way things have gone pre season, Just looking forward to it now.

Onwards and upwards

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »

I think we're going to do well this season and certainly win quite a few more than we'll lose. That will do for me and anything more's a bonus.

To get promoted, I think we'd need to score 70 to 80 league goals over the season and, as I can't see us doing that, I just hope everyone doesn't start being sh*tty on here if we're not in the promotion shake-up at the turn of the year.

I think most people have got more sense than that though.

PS: I'd love to be proved wrong though and see us gallop away with the league!  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »

I'm going to be blunt. Based entirely on what I have seen so far, I honestly feel we will win this league. I agree with others though that an extra attacking option is vital.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:01 AM »

Very impressed with the new manager and he's made some good signings. Optimistic of a good season, sneaky feeling we will do well in one of the national cups. Deep down though I fear we don't have the squad size to challenge for the title.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »

Very impressed with the new manager and he's made some good signings. Optimistic of a good season, sneaky feeling we will do well in one of the national cups. Deep down though I fear we don't have the squad size to challenge for the title.

I fancy a Cup run, and one's well overdue. The money it would bring in would do the Club a power of good.

BUT.....the effect of the resulting number of fixtures on a squad as small as ours would lead to problems with injury and suspension. The question is, would we want the financial benefits and kudos of Cup success if the price we pay is another season of BSN football ?

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »

I fancy a Cup run, and one's well overdue. The money it would bring in would do the Club a power of good.

BUT.....the effect of the resulting number of fixtures on a squad as small as ours would lead to problems with injury and suspension. The question is, would we want the financial benefits and kudos of Cup success if the price we pay is another season of BSN football ?

If we got united away and earnt £1m yes I would lol.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »

We will win this tinpot league,....errm well maybe :D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »

If we got them at home we could go for the replay!   ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »

Just the small matter of knocking out 5 other clubs first....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »

I fear we may have too small a squad for what we need. If Lee's going with the quality not quantity mantra then we prob need a bit more quality to be honest, a right winger/midfielder and a striker.

Pre season has been ok but the type that it is difficult to tell too much from, in that we've been okay but other than that we don't know. You can't tell going upwards but you can certainly tell if it's going to be a bad season.

We've had reasonable PS before and not done so well but never had a bad pre season and gone on to have a good season if you see what I mean.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team