PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham  (Read 35495 times)

Stan Hibbert

Re: Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »

Just got back.  First match of the season.

First off hello to WarrenPeytonstattoo who managed to be both drunk and coherent. Natty trick that. 

Second how old does Paul Jones look? Are they sure he isn't 74? Did they check his birth certificate?

Lastly yes keep the faith.  Alty played some good stuff today and lost out to a bit of bad luck. Twiss and Reeves works so stick at it.

Concerns: Brown isn't good enough, Lawton has never looked match fit to me for a season now and the pre-match smoke flare thing was for too classy for that dump.

In Lee we trust.

"Brown isn't good enough" "In Lee we trust"

Make your mind up..????

BTW, Brown is good enough and had a good name.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »

Thanks for the comments folks..........very much appreciated.

Despite the dramatic nature of the defeat & the fact that, defensively, we did look pretty vulnerable on a number of occasions,I'm feeling pretty upbeat tonight.When was the last time we created that many chances in a league game & how incredible were some of those blocks?

Lots of positives, I thought & one or two negatives, but plenty to build on & some of our football was terrific.

Superb entertainment for the neutrals....& the Harrogate faithful!

This could be a very interesting season!

bigcol

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

I wonder if Lee is looking for a full back and a 'game changer' to come off the bench ie a big target man or someone with pace and attacks centrehalves directly.

Who else could have played left-back today? Anyway just my opinion.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »

Without any irony or bitterness, I can honestly say that Harrogate are the worst team I have ever seen, comically bad at times.
If that is the standard of this league, surely we have a chance. I feel rock bottom at the moment, but hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to see the positives.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

Can't remember the last time I said this but we actually battered them in parts today and certainly didn't deserve to lose. i agree that we looked vulnerable in some periods but overall I think we'll push on quite positively. I am quietly confident of a good result on Tuesday.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »

I wonder if Lee is looking for a full back and a 'game changer' to come off the bench ie a big target man or someone with pace and attacks centrehalves directly.

Who else could have played left-back today? Anyway just my opinion.

Mark Lees could but Ryan Brown had a good game, it was the CH's that made the errors for the twopens and missed a far post header. Aprt from their goals they created nothing and we had at least 10 very clear chances, so really it was our poor finishing that let us down.

I am actually quite optimistic now ;D ;D If we play football like that every week (minus the defensive errors) we will soon be at the top.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »

Its good to read positive posts on todays game folks

Ok we lost but i personally think it bodes well for the future

One swallow doth not make a summer

Keep the faith

Onwards & Upwards

We will be a lot happier come 9:45 tuesday night

Dougals Dad

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »

I just wonder if our only tactical error today was not putting Astley on to run at and put pressure on the Harrogate defence towards the end?

bumble

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »

I just wonder if our only tactical error today was not putting Astley on to run at and put pressure on the Harrogate defence towards the end?

I thought that with tired legs and his pace, he could have nicked one

bigcol

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »

Ryan Brown had a good game

Ok I'm out-voted! 

Agree with the general sentiment - play-offs at least after seeing the Robins today.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »

I don't think bringing Astley on would had made much difference.Twiss and Reeves were doing really well,so you'd had to go 3 up front if you wanted him on. Richman may had still been carrying a knock, so might be why he wasn't risked, otherwise thought he would had come on.

Silly mistakes and outstanding goal-line clearances meant we lost today. On another day, we would had been winning before the 1st, and even at 2-0 could had been 5-2.

A lot to be positive about. Welcome to Conference North again
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2011, 11:22:40 PM »

Just got back.  First match of the season.

First off hello to WarrenPeytonstattoo who managed to be both drunk and coherent. Natty trick that. 

Second how old does Paul Jones look? Are they sure he isn't 74? Did they check his birth certificate?

Lastly yes keep the faith.  Alty played some good stuff today and lost out to a bit of bad luck. Twiss and Reeves works so stick at it.

Concerns: Brown isn't good enough, Lawton has never looked match fit to me for a season now and the pre-match smoke flare thing was for too classy for that dump.

In Lee we trust.
I thought Lawton had a very good game today. Couldn't see much wrong with his fitness levels.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2011, 02:08:14 AM »

Jesus H. Christ.

We battered them. Some epic last ditch defending from Harrogate.

Really pissed off as the best side by a long way did not win the match but we will have some good days out this season.

A few people might have had a bit too much but Harrogate were clearly not used to having away fans in their ground. Nice town and good day out aside.

Bring on Tuesday.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02:20 AM »

My first point was that Ryan Brown had a great game today, and looks a very good solid attacking defender now. As with other comments I am a little worried about our central defence, but TBH Lee Sinnott will sort those problems very quickly - it was his playing position as well. Our movement and passing and invention were superb today and despite the result there were may positives I took from today's game. Thought the reffing standard was very poor, but when you drop down a league maybe the refs do as well. Nice chat with a very approachable Lee Sinnott before the game, and we as supporters more than did our bit. Lee was surprised when I told him there would be up to 200 of us, but in all truth, I think there were more than that.

Surprise bonus was that Halifax also lost today which surprised me as much as our result. But overall I was pleased with our play today and think we will do well this season by playing the game as it should be rather than just hoofing it. Just need to work on some of our defending. Would like to have seen Astley for the last 15 minutes, as I am certain his pace would have upset the Harrogate defence.

On another day we would have hammered them 5-0, looking forward to Teusday now.

DJ

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

Not the best of starts to your life in BSN. At least Vics beat Buxton. Lol

Will give you credit on the away following.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham