PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham  (Read 35316 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:58 PM »

Without any irony or bitterness, I can honestly say that Harrogate are the worst team I have ever seen, comically bad at times.
If that is the standard of this league, surely we have a chance. I feel rock bottom at the moment, but hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to see the positives.
with no disrespect we really should be beating teams like this ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »

Not the best of starts to your life in BSN. At least Vics beat Buxton. Lol

Will give you credit on the away following.  ;)

In terms of the result you are right,...but in terms of performance, thats was as well as I have seen us play against supposedly equal opposition for a long, long time. Bodes very well for the coming season which is a marathon not a sprint.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »

My first point was that Ryan Brown had a great game today, and looks a very good solid attacking defender now. As with other comments I am a little worried about our central defence, but TBH Lee Sinnott will sort those problems very quickly - it was his playing position as well. Our movement and passing and invention were superb today and despite the result there were may positives I took from today's game. Thought the reffing standard was very poor, but when you drop down a league maybe the refs do as well. Nice chat with a very approachable Lee Sinnott before the game, and we as supporters more than did our bit. Lee was surprised when I told him there would be up to 200 of us, but in all truth, I think there were more than that.

Surprise bonus was that Halifax also lost today which surprised me as much as our result. But overall I was pleased with our play today and think we will do well this season by playing the game as it should be rather than just hoofing it. Just need to work on some of our defending. Would like to have seen Astley for the last 15 minutes, as I am certain his pace would have upset the Harrogate defence.

On another day we would have hammered them 5-0, looking forward to Teusday now.

Spot on with this assessment Steve,...as usual. ;D

bigcol

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »

Not the best of starts to your life in BSN. At least Vics beat Buxton. Lol

Will give you credit on the away following.  ;)

Care to tell the boys and girls of the forum why Vics have cancelled their next match?

DJ

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:25 AM »

Care to tell the boys and girls of the forum why Vics have cancelled their next match?
We failed to make a league deadline to confirm that our owner had secured the ground deal. We face a possible three points deduction, fine or even explusion. Still... Alty haven't won yet!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2011, 05:57:56 AM »

I do feel sorry for Northwich and to make matters worse if you are a football league team,those same rules seem not to matter,just look at the Plymouth farce,Still in Admin from Last season,no word from the group of Irishmen that are the prefered bidders and the Players still not paid from Last December,the administrator has had to go to couurt to try and get them to pay up.They were given a deadline of Tuesday 16th,but that went by without any movement,that deadline has now been extended to the end of the week,this is the 3rd time the deadline has not been met.
If this was a non league team they would have been kicked out of the league ages ago.So i say good luck to the Vics and hope to see you promoted back to the Blue Square Prem where we will hopefully be awaiting you.
Harold

DJ

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »

Cheers matey. :)

The league have given us permission to play today and the ground deal looks set to be secured. We have a hearing next week which could lead to a three point deduction or fine but overall all is alreet. Good luck today against Histon  :P

Jacko

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

My first point was that Ryan Brown had a great game today, and looks a very good solid attacking defender now. As with other comments I am a little worried about our central defence, but TBH Lee Sinnott will sort those problems very quickly - it was his playing position as well. Our movement and passing and invention were superb today and despite the result there were may positives I took from today's game. Thought the reffing standard was very poor, but when you drop down a league maybe the refs do as well. Nice chat with a very approachable Lee Sinnott before the game, and we as supporters more than did our bit. Lee was surprised when I told him there would be up to 200 of us, but in all truth, I think there were more than that.

Surprise bonus was that Halifax also lost today which surprised me as much as our result. But overall I was pleased with our play today and think we will do well this season by playing the game as it should be rather than just hoofing it. Just need to work on some of our defending. Would like to have seen Astley for the last 15 minutes, as I am certain his pace would have upset the Harrogate defence.

sorry but if u think having a great game at full back is getting beaten to everything and completely outpaced time after time there's something wrong, can't believe what I'm reading

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »

sorry but if u think having a great game at full back is getting beaten to everything and completely outpaced time after time there's something wrong, can't believe what I'm reading

Third game in a row today that he played well. Didnt get outpaced once. He may not be a world beater, but neither are you!

markecky

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »

Solid as a rock today Ryan Brown and good coming forward.  It was against a 14 yr old but still a very solid display.

DJ

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »

Solid as a rock today Ryan Brown and good coming forward.  It was against a 14 yr old but still a very solid display.
Ryan Brown good  :o

RobertONeill

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2011, 09:35:48 PM »

Hi my names Robert from www.paradox-computers.com based in South Manchester & Timperley.

I would like to have a call out for my company on Radiorobins stream.

Also I will be supporting Altrincham AFC on my website with a link to the Radio.

Feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Robert.

whopper

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »

Third game in a row today that he played well. Didnt get outpaced once. He may not be a world beater, but neither are you!
U seem to be the only one who thought he had a good game, we will keep conceding with him thats for sure

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »

U seem to be the only one who thought he had a good game, we will keep conceding with him thats for sure

He didnt play as well at Vauxhall I must say,was it he who conceded the penalty?...and your replacement would be who?

taxi Phil

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »

The pen was conceded by Mark Lees, who I thought had a decent game. I'd leave him in with Flynn when he comes back, and also leave in Ryan Brown. The man who worries me is Jones, whose lack of pace and failure to get off the ground weren't evident in pre-season. I hope he's not going to be another Marc Joseph.........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Harrogate Town v Altrincham