PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: oh dear, oh dear!  (Read 15343 times)

RocketDan

oh dear, oh dear!
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »

where to start????

Paul Jones, an experience centre half, starting to panic every time a long ball is pumped up. Surely they must be bread and butter for him. He was marking Craig Bellamy two week ago!

A midfield simply not looking where they are passing and easily giving the ball away to opposition players.

Two wide midfielders playing out of position on opposite wings, struggling to use their weaker foot.

Incompetent jokes of a referee and linesmen.

Can someone tell Nicky Clee there are no prizes for most step overs? He's by far our best player, i just wish he would stop fannying about with the ball so much.

A manager who shows no emotion, no passion and no leadership from the side of the pitch. Is there really a need for a suit in this league? I'd much rather see him track suited up and blowing his rag at the team,

After such a promising pre-season, I can't help but wonder where everything has gone. Nerves and over anticipation? It's not the quality of the opposition, they have been dire, but for some reason we seem to stoop to their level and hoof it around without thought or skill. Technically we are a sound team, as shown in pre-season, we just need to reapply the same methods to competitive games without being overawed by the sh*ttness of the opposition.

That said, very good turnout tonight, bring on Saturday.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:09:34 PM by RocketDan »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear, oh dear!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »

I thought Mullholland looked good when he came on but was not given enough time the other 2 subs were poor agree with comments on jones hoof hoof hoof

We need to step it up and quickly tonight was poor thank heavens for the defenders blunder that gifted us the goal
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »

New season same old sh*t.

We are better than the first two results suggest as was shown by pre season.

Got to say I am not at all happy at the moment.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »

We need to adapt quickly to this league.  We can be under no illusions what its like now.

Tonight performance was very poor all over to be honest, only the pace of Mulholland was a bright spark.

For me, I'd rather not have a manager who rants and raves and chases referees and lamblasts players and goes in moods at half time and such.  We've had one of those.

Hopefully he will never make Clee swop wings again.

Poor performance, poor game, don't even start me off on the level of support but a point at least.

Must do better Saturday.

We also must have 200 season ticket holders who only come on a Saturday.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »

its tin pot bob but we aint going to p!iss based on the peformance i watched tonight.

very dissapointed

VofD

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »

Absolute GARBAGE and totally CLUELESS. What on earth do the management team see in Summerskill and Richman : they were awful. Not one of the outfield players had a decent game tonight, especially Reeves who was rubbish. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:52:31 PM by VofD »

finnquark

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »

A manager who shows no emotion, no passion and no leadership from the side of the pitch. Is there really a need for a suit in this league? I'd much rather see him track suited up and blowing his rag at the team,

Yeah, what we need is a bloke, you know, a mans' man, a bloke, in one of those tracksuits that men wear. Not somebody in a suit. Suits? Suits? Ridiculous. What we need is a bloke in a tracky, especially in this league, this league isn't a suit league, it's a track suit league, and anyone who doesnt realise that is a clown. We also need him to wear a series of Venetian masks to convey his emotions. Jones misplaces a pass - stick the sad face on. Densmore scores - get him the happy mask! So yeah, what we need is a mans' man, in a bloke's tracksuit with a series of Venetian masks so that we win the league.

joe

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »

Clee on the right does not work! It's like Taggart telling Rooney to play left back,total waste of talent. I also agree with everything else said on this thread.

VofD

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »

where to start????

Paul Jones, an experience centre half, starting to panic every time a long ball is pumped up. Surely they must be bread and butter for him. He was marking Craig Bellamy two week ago!

A midfield simply not looking where they are passing and easily giving the ball away to opposition players.

Two wide midfielders playing out of position on opposite wings, struggling to use their weaker foot.

Incompetent jokes of a referee and linesmen.

Can someone tell Nicky Clee there are no prizes for most step overs? He's by far our best player, i just wish he would stop fannying about with the ball so much.

After such a promising pre-season, I can't help but wonder where everything has gone. Nerves and over anticipation? It's not the quality of the opposition, they have been dire, but for some reason we seem to stoop to their level and hoof it around without thought or skill. Technically we are a sound team, as shown in pre-season, we just need to reapply the same methods to competitive games without being overawed by the sh*ttness of the opposition.

That said, very good turnout tonight, bring on Saturday.

Totally agree and why the f*** doesn't he shoot when given the opportunity.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:20 PM »

Will Nicky Clee still be doing his step overs till midnight or shall we take him some hot milk?

Mr Yungs is still open, anyone for prawn crackers.......Nicky hit the bloody thing in the area and quit the tricks...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »

Managed to catch the second half on t'internet at work - sounded very uninspiring.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 10:37:54 PM »

I am still dazzled by Nicky's step overs in the flesh, lucky you ;)

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »

Last season we were a team going to places and keeping eight or nine men behind the ball at all times. Tonight we played against a team that in the second half deployed that very same tactic. This transition from being a side looking to clear the ball at every opportunity, to a side that has to break down defensive teams, cannot be one that we as fans should expect to happen overnight.

However, I do agree that we need to figure this out sooner rather than later; because at the moment we are stooping to the quite frankly awful levels of our opposition. Whilst I agree that tonight's performance was nowhere near what we have come to expect after a promising pre season, perhaps we should take a step back and consider that although we are one of the favourites in this league, it is in fact only the second game of the season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

I obviously haven't seen either league game that we've played so far. However, it is clear to me (based on what I've read) that we played some really good football at Harrogate and created enough chances to have won the game comfortably. Tonight, on the other hand, has been universally acknowledged as a poor performance. The team didn't play well on Saturday by fluke as that was in keeping with a lot of our pre-season form. Therefore, it appears likely that tonight was more a case of a bad day at the office than various individuals simply being downright useless.    

Clearly big improvements are needed but hopefully things are not as bad as they seem. Fingers crossed for a big improvement on Saturday!                      
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:18 PM »

Last season we were a team going to places and keeping eight or nine men behind the ball at all times. Tonight we played against a team that in the second half deployed that very same tactic. This transition from being a side looking to clear the ball at every opportunity, to a side that has to break down defensive teams, cannot be one that we as fans should expect to happen overnight.

However, I do agree that we need to figure this out sooner rather than later; because at the moment we are stooping to the quite frankly awful levels of our opposition. Whilst I agree that tonight's performance was nowhere near what we have come to expect after a promising pre season, perhaps we should take a step back and consider that although we are one of the favourites in this league, it is in fact only the second game of the season.

very good point
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!