PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: oh dear, oh dear!  (Read 15190 times)

taxi Phil

Re: oh dear, oh dear!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 10:45:12 PM »

Total lack of guile in midfield. Danylyk had one of his poorer games unfortunately, but I thought Summerskill played acceptably when he came on. Richman doesn't look good enough, but I'm not convinced he's fully fit.

Clee did tend to over elaborate tonight, but in his defence he quite often had nobody to pass to ! The guy who marked Twiss must have barely broken sweat, and Reeves was offside more often than not. At least Mulholland was pacy when he came on, and I think I'd gamble on starting with him next Saturday.

We looked good in the second half on Saturday, and moved the ball around well. Tonight that never happened.

I must say that Workington are a considerably better side than Harrogate, and will probably finish in the top half. But I don't see us going back up on the balance of our two performances so far I'm afraid.

VofD

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »

Another thing: why are we still having everyone back to defend corners in this tinpot league. Is this manager as clueless as his 2 predecessors.

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »

Another thing: why are we still having everyone back to defend corners in this tinpot league. Is this manager as clueless as his 2 predecessors.

At the question and answer session he explained that his first priority is to remove any threat of conceding from the corner, rather than using it as a chance to counter attack.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »

Surely very harsh on Mckenna VofD!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »

in this tinpot league

Get used to it, two years at the least

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »

Last season we were a team going to places and keeping eight or nine men behind the ball at all times. Tonight we played against a team that in the second half deployed that very same tactic. This transition from being a side looking to clear the ball at every opportunity, to a side that has to break down defensive teams, cannot be one that we as fans should expect to happen overnight.

However, I do agree that we need to figure this out sooner rather than later; because at the moment we are stooping to the quite frankly awful levels of our opposition. Whilst I agree that tonight's performance was nowhere near what we have come to expect after a promising pre season, perhaps we should take a step back and consider that although we are one of the favourites in this league, it is in fact only the second game of the season.

Very much agreed, they came with the game plan to just be defensive and not let us play, and they were disciplined and organised and it worked. If we can't figure out how to combat this tactic we're absolutely screwed, the team let Workington stifle the talent gap.

Jacko

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 11:06:30 PM »

A new approach my arse, there playing like they didn't have a pre season, no shape terrible slow overlap play trying to find two strikers without decent aerial ability, defenders clueless not happy

markecky

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »

We've played well at Harrogate and been very unlucky to lose.

Workington have done a job on us and stopped us playing and done it well.  A lot of players have had a poor game on the same day but at least we have a point from it.

Tonight was poor no doubt  but I'm half expecting the next post to call for a change of management.

Surely we can give it a few more games before we start the hysteria?

Workington were not the dog and duck..let's give them a little more credit.  They will be top half for sure.

Training session Thursday with a lot of work to do and onto Histon.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »

ffs 2 games into the season and all the bloody gloom merchants are out , Lee said it would take time to settle , so lets stop the stupidity now .

Silkyman23

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »

If it makes you feel better, Macc beat Hereford 4-0 away a week after beating Hull 2-0 away to set up a trip to Bolton Wanderers?

No?

Oh,... sorry....  :P

markecky

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »

It said on radio five that you took 42 to Hereford..you should ring them and put that right.

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 11:23:22 PM »

Well done for beating the weakest team in Div 2.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »

It's a milkman fishing and the bait is not even that appealing....come on, let's not bob his float
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 11:28:40 PM »

This. It was crap but Saturday is a new day.

bumble

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »

This. It was crap but Saturday is a new day.

And I'm on radio robins... 2 games 2 wins... Just saying
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!