PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: oh dear, oh dear!  (Read 15268 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear, oh dear!
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »

IMO we have got the players to do very well but the system isn't right. Why the hell were we lumping it upfield the whole first half? It clearly wasn't working and whenever Clee got the ball we made significant progress up field. When the team get more used to each other I reckon they'll play better and be a bit more fluid. Not convinced by our defence yet, especially Flynn. On Saturday I'd like to see Mullholland for Reeves (who was poor all last night) and Lees in for Flynn.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

jimmyhank

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »

Admittedly, not a great performance last night but it's only a matter of time before we click and start racking up the points.

steal atly

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »

Im a die-hard Alty fan and a pal of new striker Astley Mullholland only gotta b a matter so time b4 hes startin and scorin i wanna hear all the Robins singin this on saturday..........Astleyyyyyyyy where ever u maybe.....He plays 4 the famous Altyyyyyyyyy.....Hes very small but very sharp....U shud play frm the start.........!!!!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

Im a die-hard Alty fan and a pal of new striker Astley Mullholland only gotta b a matter so time b4 hes startin and scorin i wanna hear all the Robins singin this on saturday..........Astleyyyyyyyy where ever u maybe.....He plays 4 the famous Altyyyyyyyyy.....Hes very small but very sharp....U shud play frm the start.........!!!!

Christ!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »

Lets not get to carried away, it's early days yet with this new team and management. No team become world beaters overnight and maybe the positive aspects of the performance at Harrogate maybe got many of us getting a bit carried away. This league was always going to be tough. We all knew that and most said so before the season started.

I want to see the team develope and progress to a point where we can confidently hold our own if/when we went back up. That may take two seasons to do, who knows?

Reality check time. Be patient, let's see how the players react on Saturday.

YES YES YES   We are Supporters, so lets support the team and the manager. It sounded dire on Radio Robins last night,but we are bound to have games when things go wrong.
It will only take a couple of wins, and confidence will be up there again. If all the chances at Harrogate had gone in,we wouldn't be having this thread.

AltySi

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

As sh*t as last night was, we have to give the manager a chance.

Even if we only finish mid tabel this year, we need to stick by him, and give him chance to build a team to get up.

We can't panic too much after too games. We've hardly lost both games 3-0.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:25 PM »

It's almost like some people don't remember the last time we were down here.....just like some of the pre-season hype was way off the scale, so too is some of the doom and gloom in this thread AFTER ONE BAD PERFORMANCE. I think we should start selling knee restraints in the club shop...there's a whole lotta jerkin goin on
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

BENNY20TENNIS

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »

Mulholland should have come on at Harrogate when we were battering them. He did n't even get 5 minutes

Then last night came on way too late

Managerial tactics and decisions

Wasn't Sinnott employed due to his enthusiasm?

He hides it well

Watch this space, he will resign.................

markecky

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »

Mulholland should have come on at Harrogate when we were battering them. He did n't even get 5 minutes

He hides it well

This is getting beyond belief

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »

Welcome to the new "Portchat"
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

My view on Astley is as follows

He terrorised Trafford who are a team from a similar level to that at which he scored for fun last season (i.e. two levels below where we are now)

He was ineffective against Stockport, a team one level up from us. By the time he'd collected the ball and decided what to do with it he'd been closed down and/or dispossessed.

He will be, at least at the start, a fairly useful impact player, brought on against tiring defences WHERE IT IS APPROPRIATE TO DO SO. It wont be every game and he has a lot to learn.

What would peoples responses to him be if he started games and was totally dominated by opposition defenders, gave the ball away all the time etc. He'd get crucified on here and what good would that do.

A number of people have posted "In Lee We Trust" - Please do so!

bighairedmike

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

My view on Astley is as follows

He terrorised Trafford who are a team from a similar level to that at which he scored for fun last season (i.e. two levels below where we are now)

He was ineffective against Stockport, a team one level up from us. By the time he'd collected the ball and decided what to do with it he'd been closed down and/or dispossessed.

He will be, at least at the start, a fairly useful impact player, brought on against tiring defences WHERE IT IS APPROPRIATE TO DO SO. It wont be every game and he has a lot to learn.

What would peoples responses to him be if he started games and was totally dominated by opposition defenders, gave the ball away all the time etc. He'd get crucified on here and what good would that do.

A number of people have posted "In Lee We Trust" - Please do so!

Jesus Phil! I don't normally see eye to eye with you on many of your posts but thats two tonight where we are completely on the same wavelength. Great post, the point about the difference between Stockport and Trafford is one that I made to friends at the Stockport game. I also thought his first touch was very weak against County.

As you rightly say it's a big step up for him and good luck to him. Remember Anthony Danylyk stepped up two or three levels and took a few games to get used to the level but was an ever present (apart from his 2 red cards if i remember correctly) after that.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »

Yes/ that's right. He's not physical and is much more effective as an impact sub. Why would you bother subbing one of the strikers when they were playing excellently on Saturday and only didn't score through some ridiculous defending that you'd see once in a hundred games...he is not even that good ffs he would have been dominated by the big defenders.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

I still think Astley could be one for the future. If he's prepared to be patient and wait for his chances he could become a really good player.

I was encouraged to hear that his pace was quite effective during his brief appearance last night.
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »

He hides it well

This is getting beyond belief

Speechless ! This is crazy up the reds ! We can do this :)
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!