PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: oh dear, oh dear!  (Read 15187 times)

Silkyman23

Re: oh dear, oh dear!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »

It said on radio five that you took 42 to Hereford..you should ring them and put that right.

Saving our money for The Reebok.. But then we've been there before when we beat them 3-2 in 2000..

Just messing with you all.

I don't expect you to understand the League Cup..

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »

we're TWO GAMES IN. I can't believe some of the comments on here tonight, have some patience.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »

My God it doesnt take long for some of you lot to start slagging people off does it..  David Birch returned to Moss Lane tonight, may I suggest some of you go and stand with him next Saturday your will enjoy each others company.

What the f**k does it matter what the manager wears ffs.. you moaned when Heathcote had a pop at officials and fans now Lee is getting it because he wears a bleeding suit.

Yes I agree it wasnt the best performance we have seen since the beginning of July but we are just two games in.

Until the team keep playing football (which they have shown us they are well capable of doing) and stop getting sucked into the Long ball game that both Harrogate and Workington adopt then we will indeed look out of shape and unimpressive .. They are performing like they dont believe that playing football on the ground will reap rewards - It will if you stick with it ..

Once we get used to playing in this league (probably two or three more games) I still reckon we will start getting the results we are capable of (then no bastard will give a toss if Lee turns up in a Gimp Suit).

Histon on Saturday and we go again

Onwards and Upwards.. 

Cmon ALty

B E L I E V E        FFS

fuertes

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »

My God it doesnt take long for some of you lot to start slagging people off does it..  David Birch returned to Moss Lane tonight, may I suggest some of you go and stand with him next Saturday your will enjoy each others company.

What the f**k does it matter what the manager wears ffs.. you moaned when Heathcote had a pop at officials and fans now Lee is getting it because he wears a bleeding suit.

Yes I agree it wasnt the best performance we have seen since the beginning of July but we are just two games in.

Until the team keep playing football (which they have shown us they are well capable of doing) and stop getting sucked into the Long ball game that both Harrogate and Workington adopt then we will indeed look out of shape and unimpressive .. They are performing like they dont believe that playing football on the ground will reap rewards - It will if you stick with it ..

Once we get used to playing in this league (probably two or three more games) I still reckon we will start getting the results we are capable of (then no bastard will give a toss if Lee turns up in a Gimp Suit).

Histon on Saturday and we go again

Onwards and Upwards.. 

Cmon ALty

B E L I E V E        FFS

Post of the thread.

We're two games into the season in a new league with 40 matches still to play. I knew this would happen. Bleating and moaning. Let's just see how things develop under the new man. And let's all make a mental note to give him AT LEAST a season and a half to get this right, irrespective of bad performances along the way.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 12:44:27 AM »

Why didn't Clee play a more central role like he did in the 2nd half on Saturday?

Mulholland looked like he'd cause problems, but came on 10 mins too late.
Full time and proud of it

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:55 AM »

I exect these kind of remarks from Dave Birch , but not every one else , stop dissmembering the manager just yet

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:40 AM »

We were very poor last night and came out of it with something. I can appreciate frustration among people but I just hope it doesn't descend into some panicky doom and gloom.

We are two games into the season, so we have to learn from what's gone wrong and build on what's gone right. There's time, I am confident we have the right management and we need to move on.

I suspect too that the more we class this league as "tinpot" the longer we'll be in it.

Narcissist

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »

I think last night was the tonic needed by the players, the fans and possibly the manager. Suprise suprise we wont p1ss this league.

If Densmore, Clee, Reeves, Twiss and Mullholland cant bag two goals a game between them more often than not as the season progresses then i'll eat my keyboard. We need a bit of time.

Ive said for months that top 5 would be a very good finish for us, it wont be easy. Why did any of us think it would be so much different to last time we were down here? If you think this is bad, wait til we get beat 2-0 at Vauxhall in front of 200 on a rainy Tuesday night.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »

Read people say that Workington played hoofball? I think you're confusing them with us. It was like the dark days of Robbie Williams. Workington played some good stuff on the floor, whilst every single ball we played by the defence was hooooooooooooooooooofed again and again. Are players really that thick? It's astounding.

I'm stunned how poor we were. Absolutely stunned.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »

Don't worry, we've got fellow Conference National big boys Histon on Saturday. It will be like Barcelona versus Real Madrid.

KENNERLEY

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »

THE WORD SUPPORTERS MEANS JUST THAT

SUPPORT THE TEAM -

Give them time to sort it out they don't need any more pressure from the fans.
Monday night I watched Aguero -  Tuesday night Clee - Nicky needs reminding he can use his right foot as well.

Come on City       Come on Alty

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »

The other fancied teams in this league aren't exactly running away with it.
As long as we keep Boston and Halifax in our sights, we'll have a chance.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »

Perhaps last night  was a reaction to saturday by a defense lacking a bit of confidence
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RocketDan

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »

We played very well in pre-season, particularly against barrow and Trafford. We also played very well for 60 minutes against Harrogate and would have won if it wasn't for two soft penalties and some last ditch heroics from their keeper and defence.

The most pleasing aspect in these games was the fact we got our key creative players (Clee and Densmore) on the ball early and played fast, free flowing attacking football on the ground. The pitch looked immaculate last night at it was a shame that at times we resorted to hoof football rather that playing controlled passing on the deck.

That said I appreciate certain members of the squad are still trying to blend in and i am happy to put last night down to a blip and they are bound to happen throughout the season.

Let's play Histon off the park on Saturday, smash them 3-0 and everyone will forget about last nights poor display

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:48 AM »

Lets not get to carried away, it's early days yet with this new team and management. No team become world beaters overnight and maybe the positive aspects of the performance at Harrogate maybe got many of us getting a bit carried away. This league was always going to be tough. We all knew that and most said so before the season started.

I want to see the team develope and progress to a point where we can confidently hold our own if/when we went back up. That may take two seasons to do, who knows?

Reality check time. Be patient, let's see how the players react on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!