PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: oh dear, oh dear!  (Read 15283 times)

Jacko

Re: oh dear, oh dear!
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:10 AM »

Could twiss have scored as many goals as mullholland last season even with the drop of 2 leagues?

imo no where near,  our problem is twiss is the past and is on the pitch and mullholland is the future but is on the bench, u could put a bloody centre back up front to do twiss,s hold up job for christ sake its basic
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:23:15 AM by Quit your jibba jabba fool »

fuertes

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:48 AM »

Mulholland should have come on at Harrogate when we were battering them. He did n't even get 5 minutes

Then last night came on way too late

Managerial tactics and decisions

Wasn't Sinnott employed due to his enthusiasm?

He hides it well

Watch this space, he will resign.................

Absolutely superb stuff.

That sign-off is the best. I'm sure it's standard practice to take up a job in Altrincham when you live in Hull if you're the type to throw the towel in after a few dodgy performances  ::)

The bottom line is people were far too bullish preseason and are far too negative now. I said at the start of the season that I thought we'd be around the playoff hunt and that I'd gladly take fifth if offered it now. I also said it's quite conceivable that we'd miss out this year, as Sinnott has a big rebuilding job and it doesn't happen overnight. If this is what happens, then we should still support the manager.

And can people stop referring to "this tin-pot league". The most annoying thing is plenty of the people doing it were getting sanctimonious about the likes of Luton and Oxford's "tin-pot league" and "should be beating..." comments. Exasperating. I never knew we were so fickle.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »

Mulholland should have come on at Harrogate when we were battering them. He did n't even get 5 minutes

Then last night came on way too late

Managerial tactics and decisions

Wasn't Sinnott employed due to his enthusiasm?

He hides it well

Absolutely superb stuff.

That sign-off is the best. I'm sure it's standard practice to take up a job in Altrincham when you live in Hull if you're the type to throw the towel in after a few dodgy performances  ::)

The bottom line is people were far too bullish preseason and are far too negative now. I said at the start of the season that I thought we'd be around the playoff hunt and that I'd gladly take fifth if offered it now. I also said it's quite conceivable that we'd miss out this year, as Sinnott has a big rebuilding job and it doesn't happen overnight. If this is what happens, then we should still support the manager.

And can people stop referring to "this tin-pot league". The most annoying thing is plenty of the people doing it were getting sanctimonious about the likes of Luton and Oxford's "tin-pot league" and "should be beating..." comments. Exasperating. I never knew we were so fickle.

That is a requirement of being a footy fan the world over

brian1925

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »

Agree with the consensus - far too much negativity creeping in from some (including my dad and brother, whom I could no longer bare after 45 minutes!)
It may seem odd to those who witnessed Tuesdays match, but we are still a very competitive team in this league. There are a couple of things to iron out before we can finally get going though.
Firstly, Robbie Lawton is not a full back. I love Robbie, but he will get skinned more often than not by a nippy winger. Densmore is our right back.
Secondly, I'd spend Thursday evenings training session asking all the lads to pump high balls into the area, so Jonesy and Flynny can practise heading the ball away from the goal, rather than straight up!
Thirdly, if we are really not going to get a much-needed partner for Reevsey, I'd certainly start with Astley instead of Twiss against Histon. Not that Twiss has done anything wrong, he just doesn't look like he can score too many, whereas with Astley you just never know...
Lastly, is Stevie Connors still out of work? If so (on a short-term contract) he may be able to provide the vital link between midfield and attack which is clearly lacking and leading to very good players playing hoof ball.
We are close, but it just needs a bit of tweeking and i for one am still sure we'll win the league.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »

As if to prove my point....please get this man one of those restraints I mentioned. I fear he's in danger of dislocating his knee.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »

Spot on and not a cock-horse in sight...have a G
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

fuertes

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »

Spot on and not a cock-horse in sight...have a G

Haha!

finnquark

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »

Agree with the consensus - far too much negativity creeping in from some (including my dad and brother, whom I could no longer bare after 45 minutes!)
It may seem odd to those who witnessed Tuesdays match, but we are still a very competitive team in this league. There are a couple of things to iron out before we can finally get going though.

Oh yeah? Well that's that sorted then. Thanks for the diagnosis. And no I'm not overly negative, I too don't think thinks are at all bad.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »

I was behind the goal when Reeves missed what should have been a brilliant goal, but he just put it into the keepers arms. I thought Summerskill showed moments of promise, but was barged off the ball too easily which suggests he's weak. Nicky Clee is brilliant and I'm confused as to why he chose not to shoot in the first half when he had a clear shot on goal, and I have to agree with earlier comments about the manager. I looked over at one point and thought he looked defeated.
I thought Twiss was better this game.
I just hope we can get something from the Histon game.

joe

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »

Could twiss have scored as many goals as mullholland last season even with the drop of 2 leagues?

imo no where near,  our problem is twiss is the past and is on the pitch and mullholland is the future but is on the bench, u could put a bloody centre back up front to do twiss,s hold up job for christ sake its basic

You really are clueless aren't you Jacko?! And for the record Astley played 5 leagues below Twiss last season.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »

For the record - record.........it was 4 leagues below
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

joe

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »

For the record - record.........it was 4 leagues below

Blue Square Prem
Blue Square North
Unibond Prem
Unibond 1
North West Counties 1

My mistake,i included the Blue Square Prem as a league below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oh dear, oh dear!