PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Photo
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team Photo  (Read 7412 times)

Narcissist

Re: Team Photo
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »

Jesus Christ, whatever next.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »

personally I dont see anything wrong with the photo. People like Dana Laidlaw took time out to sell raffle tickets to people to win the chance of having there piccy with the team and staff...

RAISING MUCH NEEDED MONEY for the club - or is that a daft idea these days..

Well done and thank you to the people who sold the tickets and fans who bought them

alty snapper

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »

Im thrilled to see that the team photo has attracted so much attention, for the record there are some certain requirements for an 'official team photo' as by the rules of the league, these include back-room staff on the photo so they can wear the leagues sponsored bench kits, and of course it is also recognition for the fact they will do an essential job for the next 10 months. Also as an 'Official' photo (call it club photo if preferred) you have the 'officials' involved which will be those in the suits!
It goes without hesitation to say that the best place for the photo is in the middle of the pitch with the main stand behind them......however when it is bouncing down with rain that is not possible for a) the photo looking crap with rain fall and b) the chairs used ruining part of the pitch.
We could of course have waited for the rain to stop but it was thought better to get the photo done in the stand instead so the players could get some training in as this may be more important!
I personally don't feel water bottles make the perfect team photo but before someone makes comment there again these are a necessary requirement from the league for sponsor reasons, i'm sure all will agree we don't need a fine because we haven't followed instruction!
I hope that clarifies a few things for everyone who has concern, the photo seen has been taken by John as part of the wonderful job he does of the site as the photo from me won't be able to go online till at least Monday for a valid reason.

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

Im thrilled to see that the team photo has attracted so much attention, for the record there are some certain requirements for an 'official team photo' as by the rules of the league, these include back-room staff on the photo so they can wear the leagues sponsored bench kits, and of course it is also recognition for the fact they will do an essential job for the next 10 months. Also as an 'Official' photo (call it club photo if preferred) you have the 'officials' involved which will be those in the suits!
It goes without hesitation to say that the best place for the photo is in the middle of the pitch with the main stand behind them......however when it is bouncing down with rain that is not possible for a) the photo looking crap with rain fall and b) the chairs used ruining part of the pitch.
We could of course have waited for the rain to stop but it was thought better to get the photo done in the stand instead so the players could get some training in as this may be more important!
I personally don't feel water bottles make the perfect team photo but before someone makes comment there again these are a necessary requirement from the league for sponsor reasons, i'm sure all will agree we don't need a fine because we haven't followed instruction!
I hope that clarifies a few things for everyone who has concern, the photo seen has been taken by John as part of the wonderful job he does of the site as the photo from me won't be able to go online till at least Monday for a valid reason.

Incredible youve had to come on here and defend the picture in the first place, but thanks for the clarification.

As usual another person is involved with the club and helps us to be more professional looking than a lot of league clubs!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »

I'm sure that I can see Graham Heathcote peering out through one of the windows of the Sponsors' Lounge, too......

Our next team photograph should be done in the style of the cover artwork to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »

If it HAD been taken on the pitch, I'd not put it past Nicky Clee to run round and appear on both ends  ;D

I'd have put it past Craig Dootson though, and so would our dog.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »

I'm sure that I can see Graham Heathcote peering out through one of the windows of the Sponsors' Lounge, too......

Our next team photograph should be done in the style of the cover artwork to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I much prefer the 19th C style a la Royal Engineers FA Cup where everyone just drapes themselves around! Much more casual!  :D (PS Wish I was a computer whizz and could include a photo here!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »

I much prefer the 19th C style a la Royal Engineers FA Cup where everyone just drapes themselves around! Much more casual!  :D (PS Wish I was a computer whizz and could include a photo here!)

Brian,

Here you go.

Adopting the wearing of hats (rather than snoods) could be worth pursuing:

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »

I would thank Alty Snapper for the explanation  over the team photo & in no way do I criticise the inclusion of the prize winner,I didn't know that John had taken this particular photograph.All that I am trying to point out is how important the team photo is,in respect of selling them in the club shop etc.I know that in the past by the time the season started that there have been a few players on it that had already left the club.At least now we will be seeing what looks like the starting squad for the season on this years photo.

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »

erimus

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »

That will never do - a manager in a suit - it's the thin end of the wedge...

Is it just me or is that John Wark I can see sat in the middle with the hat on
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Photo