PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss or astley?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: twiss or astley?  (Read 12852 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: twiss or astley?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »

Early in the game last night Twiss was very indeed IMO but as the match wore on he tired visibly until with 15 to go he was mostly going through the motions. He WANTED to do it but he couldn't it seemed.
If this is so, we have two options; Bring on Mulholland to inject fresh legs (which we definitely needed at the end of the game last night) or persist until his fitness levels improve further.
I can see benefits in both options but Lee is paid to make that decision.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

joe

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »

find something better to do with your time than post a one sided campaign of insults against Michael Twiss on here. No one cares is you hate him that much.

Agreed
I suggest u remind yourself his contribution since he's been here,steady on guys open your eyes I'm not the only one saying it look at the other posts, there is no insults just debate, I don't hate him just want alty to win

Whats the point of harping on about last season?  Last season he was fat, sh*t and unarsed but he isn't going to be able to do much about that now.

I'm just making the point that whatever he does you'll not give him any credit which is pretty sad.

The point I am making is that he is fitter, hungrier (possibly literally) and giving 100% this year. Which of course is exactly what a player should be doing.
ive give him credit for getting fitter and trying, all im saying is..... will this be good enough to help us go up? im not sure, i would say the same about brown too, where as players like reeves will bag 10+, and densmore clee have the quality to take us up for sure, if you can sight weaknesses in the team early on in this league you can bring players in when u want to improve as theres no restrictions, i reckon sinnot will be making plans already

Where the budget will allow,don't forget Twiss is contracted until the end of the season so there is a restriction in that respect.

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »

It's not really comparing like with like - Twiss drops off defenders and comes deep to hold the ball up and lay it off, Reeves runs the line trying to beat the offside trap and score 'poacher goals'. Twiss and Reeves complement each other and in that way at least, there is no doubt in my mind Twiss should be starting upfront with Reeves.

That said I would have liked to see Astley come on for the last 20 minutes. Being 2-0 up and looking comfortable, I think his pace and his movement off the ball would have caused their defence a few problems, particularly as they were tiring late on.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »

On the basis of the performance so far, twiss no doubt, why not ask astley or reeves?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »

On the basis of the performance so far, twiss no doubt, why not ask astley or reeves?
Or indeed why not all three ? Twiss operating just in front of midfield and setting the other two free might have some merit.

whopper

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

This reminds me of when heskey was getting picked all the time as he 'complimented' Owen very well, what a load of bollox!! Playing someone because he can just hold the ball up, lol sounds like pub team ethics

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »

This reminds me of when heskey was getting picked all the time as he 'complimented' Owen very well, what a load of bollox!! Playing someone because he can just hold the ball up, lol sounds like pub team ethics

I love the idea of Heskey saying, "Great pass Michael, you're very handsome Michael, nice haircut Michael....!"

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

Sheringham was picked for England primarily because aside from being a good footballer, he was a better partner for Shearer than the likes of Ian Wright.

It's precisely the opposite of pub football, it's called tactical nous.

And why have you started using a new account when the bollocks you type is indistinguishable from the crap you posted via the old one?

Butty

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

Theres nothing wrong with pub teams  :-\

whopper

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »

Sheringham was picked for England primarily because aside from being a good footballer, he was a better partner for Shearer than the likes of Ian Wright.

It's precisely the opposite of pub football, it's called tactical nous.

And why have you started using a new account when the bollocks you type is indistinguishable from the crap you posted via the old one?
sheringham was picked for England becuase he was brilliant, nothing to do with his strike partner, u do chat some tripe! Anyway my theory will be proved right I'm sure, again!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »

sheringham was picked for England becuase he was brilliant, nothing to do with his strike partner, u do chat some tripe! Anyway my theory will be proved right I'm sure, again!!

I'm intrigued, with this vast knowledge and tactical wizardy, how it is that you're not managing a top European side?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

finnquark

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

whopper - Sheringham was only the 4th highest English scorer in 1995-96 in the Premiership, behind Shearer, Fowler and Les Ferdinand. He only scored one more than the great Dion Dublin. He was picked because he complemented Shearer. Anyway, I'm sure I'm distracting you from football manager or something like that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:05:56 PM by finnquark »

whopper

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »

Sorry all I can see is people talking absolute sh*t, teddy won the champions league and a lot more premierships than any mentioned so he was obviously better than most strikers we've had

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »

Sorry all I can see is people talking absolute sh*t, teddy won the champions league and a lot more premierships than any mentioned so he was obviously better than most strikers we've had
he was never first choice striker when he won those trophys, he was alway there as a sub.

you are making yourself look highly moronic. I don't doubt you had some people who agreed with you at the start of all this. however by now you are simply talking out of your arse.

whopper

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »

I'm intrigued, with this vast knowledge and tactical wizardy, how it is that you're not managing a top European side?
becuase I want the alty job  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss or astley?