PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need to start collecting the 3 points
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We need to start collecting the 3 points  (Read 3567 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »

Although it is a new challenge for us to be playing in this league, we surely must be looking at getting straight back up???. It will be fun for one season in the tin pot league but thats it, my concern now is unless we start picking up the 3 points then we will already be looking at play offs best ( potential of another great day out though ha ) !!!! We clearly need centre back cover, decent strong centre mid who can score goals and a wide right player !!! come on boys we are better than this, didn't go due to work but I thought tonight should have been an easy 3 points !!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We need to start collecting the 3 points
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »

Some optimistic or obvious statements here............take your pick  ???
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

DavidP

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »

I don't believe its realistic to expect us to win this league. My reason is to go from being a team who have to defend all game to one which controls the games takes time as the players are not used to doing it.  I see this as a rebuilding year and promotion push next year. Once people realise that we will not steam roller every team we play the better. We are simply not good enough right now. But I love this club and am just glad its here.

erimus

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »

Agree with DavidP. It takes time for a side to gel and I'm sure the manager will be looking to see what work needs doing, whether that be new personnel or just a kick up the backside  ;)

Worst problem at the moment seems to be that the whole team starts relaxing/switching off forthe last 10 mins of games - doesn't matter which league you're in, if you start doing that then silly goals will be conceded

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »

Based on the four teams I've seen us play this season - Our starting XI is a class above. We look solid at the back and a threat going forward.

The problems start when key players go off tired or injured, for example, when Lynch and Clee were subbed last night the lack of quality and depth in our squad becomes evident.

If we can keep everyone fit, injury free and suspension free - I still think we will get promoted. My major concern is that younger players Summerskill (19), Richman (21) are going to get thrown in at the deep end, without the concentration and experience to see off games. etc.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »

Rocketdan, I am sorry but we have absolutely no chance of getting promoted this year.

The team is not strong enough for 90 minutes, and we have no back up.

We are paying one of if not the highest gate entrance money and got to say watching football with 30 away fans is hard to swallow.

Every year we have to rebuild our team bringing in 8 or more players, we dont have a settled squad.

Having said this Sinnott does appear to have his starting XI and is sticking to it which should bring consistancy. IF we can keep the players together for next season (not sure we will) then we might have a chance next year.

After four games I just cant see us going up or even getting top 5 at present.

Early days I know and I know i should not write us off just yet, but at present my glass is half empty.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:57:22 AM »

Only at Alty would you get talk of what we'll do next year after 4 games.

Did we want a settled squad from last year?  I don't think we mourned the loss of many of the players that served us up some crap last year.

He might clear 8 of them out at Christmas and start again...how on earth can we be talking about next season in August!

Judging by some of the hysteria and vitriol after draws (not defeats...Christ knows what would happen if we'd lost to Workington or Vauxhall) its going to be a long season on here.

I'm already starting to dread the "we should have got Gary Lowe, he wears a tracksuit and shouts, wonder if he'd come, its not to late to save it, what are the board going to do about this, I won't be going again" posts that will come from people after the draw/defeat at Hyde and its only Wednesday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:25 AM »

It's all about managing expectation, we probably had more fans at an away game last might than hayes in the league above had at home. We as supporters are desperate for a good season. We stick  by the team year after year and have seen possibly 4 decent seasons in 25 years.I think all supporters understood our situation the last time we were down here, and we were basically in intensive care, that's not the situation this time around and we should be challenging for promotion.It's a bit early to start panicking, but we should be up there come seasons end.And not reaching the playoffs at least will count as a poor season, unless we win the FA trophy

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

Did we want a settled squad from last year?  I don't think we mourned the loss of many of the players that served us up some crap last year.

He might clear 8 of them out at Christmas and start again...how on earth can we be talking about next season in August!

Judging by some of the hysteria and vitriol after draws (not defeats...Christ knows what would happen if we'd lost to Workington or Vauxhall) its going to be a long season on here.

I'm already starting to dread the "we should have got Gary Lowe, he wears a tracksuit and shouts, wonder if he'd come, its not to late to save it, what are the board going to do about this, I won't be going again" posts that will come from people after the draw/defeat at Hyde and its only Wednesday.

Hang on a  second here Ecky. I do recall you saying that we would probably not get promoted this season and we would be here for a couple of seasons so everyone get used to it. Only on the Alty forum we would write ourselves off before the season has begun!

Have you changed your tune now and do you tihink we WILL get promoted?
Are you happy that after 4 games we have 5 points?
Do you go into work the next day a happy larry at just how good alty are playing?

I suggest that you will answer all those questions as "No".

When ever anyone posts something negatvie or slighly negative , they get brow beated down on this forum with people attempting to brainwash them. And I wont hide behind a changed name with 1 post either, I am comfortable with my opinions, whether other people like them or not.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:24:47 PM by Jenga »

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »

Hang on a  second here Ecky. I do recall you saying that we would probably not get promoted this season and we would be here for a couple of seasons so everyone get used to it. Only on the Alty forum we would write ourselves off before the season has begun!

Do you go into work the next day a happy larry at just how good alty are playing?

When ever anyone posts something negatvie or slighly negative , they get brow beated down on this forum with people attempting to brainwash them. And I wont hide behind a changed name with 1 post either, I am comfortable with my opinions, whether other people like them or not.

He's clearly just taking issue with the pitiful "season over" and "disgraceful, tin-pot" comments.

Is anyine thrilled with 5 points? No. Did anyone seriously expect us to fly out of the blocks with an almost entirely new team and collect 12 points? Only the idiots who thought we could turn up and win because we're Altrincham. Vauxhall, Harrogate and company aren't going to roll over. Why would they?

Let's just give the team a chance to show what they can do once they've familiarised themselves with each other and the manager's style...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:15 PM »

It's all about managing expectation, we probably had more fans at an away game last might than hayes in the league above had at home. We as supporters are desperate for a good season. We stick  by the team year after year and have seen possibly 4 decent seasons in 25 years.I think all supporters understood our situation the last time we were down here, and we were basically in intensive care, that's not the situation this time around and we should be challenging for promotion.It's a bit early to start panicking, but we should be up there come seasons end.And not reaching the playoffs at least will count as a poor season, unless we win the FA trophy

I don't follow the logic in this at all. The last time we came down supporters expected us to be in with a great shout to go straight back up. Has that lesson not been learnt? Take a look at some of the players we had back then and what we have now....do you really think our current team is head and shoulders above that?

I just wish we wouldn't veer from states of ecstatic abandon to severe depression on here......christ, if nothing else it's responsible for emplanting that muppet Ronan Keating and his dreadful droning in my head....."Alty's a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it".

A healthy dose of realism with our BSN chips wouldn't go amiss before some one p*sses all over them.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 02:18:36 PM »

Did we want a settled squad from last year?  I don't think we mourned the loss of many of the players that served us up some crap last year.

Don't ever recall saying we wouldn’t get promoted, I’ve always thought we’d not have enough to win the league but could make the playoffs so I haven’t changed my tune.

Am I happy after four games that we have 5 points?  Rather than choose your answer of “NO” I’d say overall I’ve been pleased with the way we have played bar the long ball stuff against Workington.  Apologies if that’s not hysterical enough though.

I went into work today thinking we should have taken three points last night but that Vauxhall were a half decent side as I expected them to be.

As for people attempting to brainwash people who post anything negative, it’s really just a football forum.  If there is anyone that can be brainwashed by somebody replying to their post on it then they have a few issues.

Maybe it’s the people who try and take a more balanced view that get brow beaten as you put it…it seems to be the negative ones that shout the loudest.

Not sure what the changed name thing is about, not something I’ve ever done and I comfortable enough with my opinions as well to stand up the negativity that some people thrive on.  Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shiny sh*te if no one on here agrees with me, I’ll just tell you how I see it.

My point was that with 38 games left you have said we have no chance of promotion. I think that’s pretty incredible but then nothing should surprise me on here really should it.

I struggle with the reaction of people to drawing games.  I just wonder what it would be like if we were still searching for our first point?

And I’d be grateful if you didn’t try and paint as some giddy apologist who thinks the team and club can do no wrong and is Mr positive all the time.  I’ll be the first on here to post if we are absolutely awful or don’t try.  I just don’t make sweeping statements like the seasons over because we’ve only drawn at Vauxhall Motors.

Anyway I’m wasting my time I know…

whopper

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »

LOL too many fans telling other fans what to think and how to feel all the time, we wont do this and we wont do that rather than just talking about how to improve, crazy

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shiny sh*te if no one on here agrees with me, I’ll just tell you how I see it.

Just to bring it down to a level I'm usually very happy with, namely the sewer, that made me laugh out loud...
Also reminded me of the Paul Calf quote:
"Inside every sack of sh*te, there's a spark of gold. Now, it might just be the wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there"

Wise words indeed
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shiny sh*te if no one on here agrees with me, I’ll just tell you how I see it.

Exactly my point. I told you how I see it. People are entitled to their views without being belittled everytime they post.

I dont have a go at your posts and type a load of text when I disagree with something saying you - at least not that I recall  ;D  cue search on the forum for a kicking off Jenga post.

End of discussion on this point I think for everyones health  ;D

See you at the next game matey.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:13:47 PM by Jenga »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team