PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST  (Read 23442 times)

Knutsford Alty

Re: Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »

COME ON ALTY

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

I think Simon summed it up well - about today and other recent games too - the difference is clinical finishing.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »

not surprised really
Harold

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »

Sadly few of us are I think
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »

Thanks again for the excellent commentary lifeline guys.....top notch, pity we couldn't get the result to match
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »

I think Simon summed it up well - about today and other recent games too - the difference is clinical finishing.

He's summed it up very well, hows about we now use the budget that supposed to be competitive to sign a proper striker instead of messing around with kids from NWCL sides.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »

He's summed it up very well, hows about we now use the budget that supposed to be competitive to sign a proper striker instead of messing around with kids from NWCL sides.

You ever thought about dropping that big wooden spoon you carry around with you at all times?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

You ever thought about dropping that big wooden spoon you carry around with you at all times?

What are you talking about? Should we be ten points behind hyde united and have 1 win from 5 games? this isnt 2004, We sounded unlucky today,but how many unlucky games are we going to have? They may have won it with a wonder strikes, but why wasnt this guy on our radar in the summer?

markecky

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »

Do you know where any proper strikers are knocking about, not on contract and for free?

Hyde have just got lucky with Spencer.  He went for a trail at Halifax and they didn't take him.  How many players have we had that have "fallen out with football" and just turned out to be terrible.

You can't expect us to know about every single player.

We played well today.  Hyde have been taking teams apart for fun and apart from the first ten minutes and five minutes after the goal we were in charge for long periods.

The difference was simply the quality of Spencers goals, and Griffen being very solid at left back.

We have to be more cilinical and of course start getting points on the board but overall today was a decent performance and a good game between two decent sides.

Ian

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »

Just got back - not only did we miss chances and seem unable to finish, we now also seem to attract a certain fanbase of 40 somethings who like to get drunk and then think its OK to have 'play fights' and not care about who else might get in their way, and when they're asked to calm it,become verbally abusive - it'll make me think twice about going away again.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »

Do you know where any proper strikers are knocking about, not on contract and for free?

Hyde have just got lucky with Spencer.  He went for a trail at Halifax and they didn't take him.  How many players have we had that have "fallen out with football" and just turned out to be terrible.

You can't expect us to know about every single player.

We played well today.  Hyde have been taking teams apart for fun and apart from the first ten minutes and five minutes after the goal we were in charge for long periods.

The difference was simply the quality of Spencers goals, and Griffen being very solid at left back.

We have to be more cilinical and of course start getting points on the board but overall today was a decent performance and a good game between two decent sides.

I wonder if Spencer is on a contract. If he is that good how long Hyde will be able to keep him?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bumble

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

Just got back - not only did we miss chances and seem unable to finish, we now also seem to attract a certain fanbase of 40 somethings who like to get drunk and then think its OK to have 'play fights' and not care about who else might get in their way, and when they're asked to calm it,become verbally abusive - it'll make me think twice about going away again.

Should have called the stewards...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

It's easy enough to find out which players are contracted at any club, mYbe we should put in 7 days approach on him or the lad at vauxhall

mr f.trucker

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »

Where do you get the verbally abusive from?I apologised to  the woman who complained,if 2 good mates messing around upsets you I 'm sorry,as attracting  a fanbase of 40 somethings,well I have been watching Alty for 30 years plus, so  we all get old for f**ks sake ,behave yourself!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »

I'd echo comments above, Spencer took his two goals very well (the first though was a needelessly conceded free kick) and was the difference. We created a lot of opportunities, had the ball in the right areas but in front of goal we were profligate yet again. Hyde passed the ball very well and kept it on the deck, I was impressed by them. Turning the sprinklers on at HT when it has been raining all day was a bit odd though. We are not a million miles away and are trying to play good football but away from home for me we just look a bit naive and going forward Reeves is not doing at the moment for me. I'd be tempted to go Mulholland and Twiss Monday. We are still going in the right direction I think but people do need to be patient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST