PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST  (Read 23465 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

Was it just my imagination  or did the announcer announce "the equalising goal for Droylsden was scored by ...."?

Ian

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »

Just got back - not only did we miss chances and seem unable to finish, we now also seem to attract a certain fanbase of 40 somethings who like to get drunk and then think its OK to have 'play fights' and not care about who else might get in their way, and when they're asked to calm it,become verbally abusive - it'll make me think twice about going away again.

Where do you get the verbally abusive from?I apologised to  the woman who complained,if 2 good mates messing around upsets you I 'm sorry,as attracting  a fanbase of 40 somethings,well I have been watching Alty for 30 years plus, so  we all get old for f**ks sake ,behave yourself!

Do you really think your behaviour was acceptable, as for you only messing around it involved you crashing into me stamping all over my feet and nearly knocking me flying, then as you were driving off you or your mate were hanging out of the window shouting "shut up woman", what do you mean by "behave yourself" is this a threat, I don't like bullies.

markecky

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »

Was it just my imagination  or did the announcer announce "the equalising goal for Droylsden was scored by ...."?

He did and then corrected it.

It's Mike Pavlova who does the Non league show on GMR.  Not listened for a while but last time I did he basically just read out all the things John Laidlar has collated during the week.,

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »

ian i am sure if you seek trucker out on monday at the home game he would say sorry to you again and buy you a drink to make amends hes not a bad lad realy.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »

The difference today was the finishing, i was dissappointed with the softness that hyde ke0pt going down. We did not close down enough and it cost us dear with the second goal.
Thought Twiss was woeful and did not manage a shot on target. Reeves was trying but missed a few good chances also. Ryan Brown had a good game and overall I thought we deserved a point.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

How was Twiss woeful? he was one of our best players today, certainly better than Reeves.

Here's my view on all of it: if we had Spencer we would be top of the league.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

We never had all this moaning when we had more travelling to do and travelled in smaller numbers.I've been to the furthest corners of the country watching ALTY and so have people like trucker.I'm sure no harm was meant. Just a bit if japery, I'm simply fed up of us not winning football matches.I don't know another club with a set of fans more desperate for even a sniff success.Well over 200 fans at every away game so far, we deserve so much better, we really do

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »

What did twiss do that was any good? He is better than last season but marginally. Reeves needs at least 6 good chances to bag a goal but was fairly poor today.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2011, 08:22:39 PM »

Held the ball up well and created chances. Played a bit like Dale Johnson.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »

I'd echo comments above, Spencer took his two goals very well (the first though was a needelessly conceded free kick) and was the difference. We created a lot of opportunities, had the ball in the right areas but in front of goal we were profligate yet again. Hyde passed the ball very well and kept it on the deck, I was impressed by them. Turning the sprinklers on at HT when it has been raining all day was a bit odd though. We are not a million miles away and are trying to play good football but away from home for me we just look a bit naive and going forward Reeves is not doing at the moment for me. I'd be tempted to go Mulholland and Twiss Monday. We are still going in the right direction I think but people do need to be patient.

That's a pretty accurate synopsis of the Hyde game, in my view.

Whilst Twiss is still simply too slow, he is offering more to the team at present than Reeves, who seems to require five golden chances before he can actually score one of them.

Spencer was a different class to our two forwards and their No. 8 (Byrne) looked a useful central midfielder.

Mind you, I thought that their No. 2 had an excellent first half for us...

At the moment, we squander too many decent attacking positions and always look likely to concede a goal.
Not a promising formula.

The dearth of options on our bench is just embarrassing.

Our starting XI today included nine players with Conference/Blue Square Premier experience.
We have to do better than five points out of a possible fifteen.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:24:23 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

harv

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »

Just got back - not only did we miss chances and seem unable to finish, we now also seem to attract a certain fanbase of 40 somethings who like to get drunk and then think its OK to have 'play fights' and not care about who else might get in their way, and when they're asked to calm it,become verbally abusive - it'll make me think twice about going away again.

Where do you get the verbally abusive from?I apologised to  the woman who complained,if 2 good mates messing around upsets you I 'm sorry,as attracting  a fanbase of 40 somethings,well I have been watching Alty for 30 years plus, so  we all get old for f**ks sake ,behave yourself!

Do you really think your behaviour was acceptable, as for you only messing around it involved you crashing into me stamping all over my feet and nearly knocking me flying, then as you were driving off you or your mate were hanging out of the window shouting "shut up woman", what do you mean by "behave yourself" is this a threat, I don't like bullies.

I think you need to calm down yes your wife/mrs was nearly knocked over from the melee, but saying you are thinking twice about watching alty away, its a one off....  Anyone is welcome to watch alty sober or not, i personally prefer drunk as its that dia,  the most amount of shouting came from yours and wifes mouth..

joe

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »

Grow up Ian,it's not a school playground.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2011, 04:33:32 PM »

He's summed it up very well, hows about we now use the budget that supposed to be competitive to sign a proper striker instead of messing around with kids from NWCL sides.

You ever thought about dropping that big wooden spoon you carry around with you at all times?
What are you talking about? Should we be ten points behind hyde united and have 1 win from 5 games? this isnt 2004, We sounded unlucky today,but how many unlucky games are we going to have? They may have won it with a wonder strikes, but why wasnt this guy on our radar in the summer?

Yes, I must apologise. Over-reaction from me there and totally unnecessary.

I'm not happy with our points tally to date, but I'm probably not as suprised as many seem to be. I never thought we were going to be uprooting trees this season and I've seen enough pre-seasons to know that they mean very little when it comes down to the 'real thing'. We were very poor last season and we now have many new players playing a new system with a new management team......not really a recipe for instant success at any level.

As regards the competitive budget, I'd be interested to know what exactly that means and how much of it is left....I suspect very little and that competitive budget has also been eroded in keeping on some of last seasons squad. It's potentially a matter of some concern.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »

I agree however many of these factors are also true of Hyde and they seem to have got it right, major pity the chadwick move didn't come off
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins:Hyde v Altrincham:SPONSORED BY BLOCKED DRAINS NORTH WEST