Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott ??????????????????????????????????????
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sinnott ??????????????????????????????????????  (Read 11540 times)

RocketDan

Re: Sinnott ??????????????????????????????????????
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »

Am I right in thinking Lee is part time whereas Heathcote was fulltime?

Also does anyone know how long he is contracted for? Even if we lost our next ten games, I doubt we would have the funds to pay him compensation etc.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »

How about a little composure? We're 7 games in, squandered a hatful of chances, and already the knives are out for the manager. Let's forget the revolving door policy and let Lee do what he is paid for.

There's no one as surprised as me at how the defence has come unstuck compared to pre-season but perhaps confidence amongst players may have been a bit too high and thoughts of beating sides each and every week may have crept in. The reality is that they all need to buckle down and do the simple things, look for an easy ball instead of trying to beat a man seven times, kick the ball into row Z if required, do the jobs they are employed to do and LISTEN to the manager and his tactics.

For me I'm still confident that come the end of the season we'll be up there, but at present with the panic amongst the forum few the side's confidence will rapidly become more depleted and we'll not hit our potential.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

Lee Sinnott and Neil Tolson? It's more like Lee Sinn-out and Neil Tolse-in  ::)

I for one will not be expecting any changes to the management for a long time yet.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »

Unless we start losing matches left, right and centre, Lee and Neil should be there til the end of the season at least.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »

Its the first weekend in September and some people are already discussing the manager's future. Incredible.

AltyIan

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »

Its the first weekend in September and some people are already discussing the manager's future. Incredible.

Yes. We are all very fickle. But we have every right to be so. I'm pretty confident that if you take away the last 5 minutes of games we'd be in the playoff positions, so not all is bad but we should be doing better. I hope the Sinnott gets it right sooner rather than later.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

Yes. We are all very fickle. But we have every right to be so. I'm pretty confident that if you take away the last 5 minutes of games we'd be in the playoff positions, so not all is bad but we should be doing better. I hope the Sinnott gets it right sooner rather than later.

I think the point being made is that you CAN'T take away the last 5 minutes of games and so he's got to sort it out fast before we're left with too much to do to end up comfortably in the top half!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bumble

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »

I think the point being made is that you CAN'T take away the last 5 minutes of games and so he's got to sort it out fast before we're left with too much to do to end up comfortably in the top half!

Munich would have done this in 1999!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

it happened at exactly this time last year this is not new
ParkINson's red and white army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »

How about a little composure? We're 7 games in, squandered a hatful of chances, and already the knives are out for the manager. Let's forget the revolving door policy and let Lee do what he is paid for.

There's no one as surprised as me at how the defence has come unstuck compared to pre-season but perhaps confidence amongst players may have been a bit too high and thoughts of beating sides each and every week may have crept in. The reality is that they all need to buckle down and do the simple things, look for an easy ball instead of trying to beat a man seven times, kick the ball into row Z if required, do the jobs they are employed to do and LISTEN to the manager and his tactics.

For me I'm still confident that come the end of the season we'll be up there, but at present with the panic amongst the forum few the side's confidence will rapidly become more depleted and we'll not hit our potential.

A very insightful & accurate post in my view.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott ??????????????????????????????????????